My Progress so far! (pictures)

jiminy465

Reaction score
Hi I just joined thought I would share my success story so far. I have been losing my hair since about 16 a medium to slow progression, at this stage 25 now, I am certain I was meant to be very bald. However through the years I have only been able to slow the progression. I then tried dutasteride for about 3 months, results were great but the sides were insane don't think I have ever been so depressed in my life. Anyway fast forward after that 3 months I decided to stop that and just use spectral until sides wore off. It took a long time 2 months and still was there a little. I did try finasteride when I was younger and that gave me sides as well, I probably should have known.

I then added in spironolactone 2% 2 times per day, upped spectral to 3 low doses a day and added in folica or copper peptide. Results were coming back like on the dutasteride it was great. I also have been doing skin needling on scalp once every 3 days or so. Here are my results after 6 and a half months. I had much longer hair in the first pictures and the tilt of my head is very close to the same, I also made sure the lighting was very similar except for the grease head.
hair1.jpghair2.jpg First is the second month I didn't take any from the top down view first month, the second pic is the first month.
hair4.jpghair3.jpg 6 and a half months later and regrowth is still occuring, no sides to note either which is a plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry forgot to add I was taking procerin for the whole time before dutasteride.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
looks good so far bro, congrats! have you considered minoxidil at all or a lower dose of finasteride?

jiminy465

Reaction score
Hi kthxbai thanks, yeh I did use straight minoxidil at the start 5% years ago but switched to spectral which is 4.5% mixed with other stuff. Not keen to try finasteride or dutasteride for risk of my bad sides again. Think spironolactone is the strongest dht blocker I can take.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good regrowth. Thanks for sharing. Always good to see new success stories to keep the section fresh.

jiminy465

Reaction score
Hi thanks, sides from dutasteride were testicular atrophy luckily just temporarily, literally water semen and just a general depression sex drive wasn't that bad surprisingly. Also there was a fair bit of pain like I had been kicked in the balls but not as severe.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
'I then added in spironolactone 2% 2 times per day, upped spectral to 3 low doses a day and added in folica or copper peptide.'

Do you attribute the majority of growth to 2% spironolactone then or the synergy between spironolactone + spectral? I was considering picking up Spectral DNC-S, but I noticed on forums people are really critical of them so haven't decided yet (others make it seem like their products lack quality control).

jiminy465

Reaction score
Hey bornthisway, I would say you can probably use whatever minoxidil is good for you. I just found the regular spectral dnc worked better on my frontal hairline than normal minoxidil.

I attribute most of it to all 3 to be honest the folica is pretty cheap lasts a long time. spironolactone is also quite cheap, I wouldn't say quality control is bad for spectral although they have changed the formular a few times. You have to find a good supplier maybe? I never had a problem I just get it off eBay.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gen hair is banned from this site I believe. Unreliable and/or shoddy stuff. This is just hear say, but I thought I'd let you know. As for your results, looks a lot better, congrats! =]

Korean Wave

Reaction score
Looks great, but how do we know your hair loss success is legit. I mean hair concealers are very good at creating a natural hair look and by the looks of your hair before the treatment it seems unlikely you could have regrown so much hair in the space of 6 months.

jiminy465

Reaction score
Ok I was not aware that gen hair was dodgy, my batch was still from a long time ago different bottle to what they have now. I buy my spectral dnc from ebay just from any of the reliable sellers. Korean Wave you probably won't know but I assure you no concealer was used. It will probably be more convincing when I post more pictures, the treatment is still going well. Although it is taking a long time to thicken up, my hairline however is recovering quite quickly.

Here is the list of things I take for hair loss:
spectral dnc 3x a day
spironolactone 2% 2x a day
folligen 1x at night
ecklonia cava 1x a dose day
tococaps 1x a dose day
I also do skin needling on scalp 0.5mm roller every 3 days.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I was not aware that gen hair was dodgy, my batch was still from a long time ago different bottle to what they have now. I buy my spectral dnc from ebay just from any of the reliable sellers. Korean Wave you probably won't know but I assure you no concealer was used. It will probably be more convincing when I post more pictures, the treatment is still going well. Although it is taking a long time to thicken up, my hairline however is recovering quite quickly.

spectral dnc 3x a day
folligen 1x at night
tococaps 1x a dose day

Great results, I'm interested how much you think the scalp roller does for you and where you purchased it

skyghost

Reaction score

spectral dnc 3x a day
folligen 1x at night
tococaps 1x a dose day

do u use 1ml of spectral dnc each application?

i saw that its not on ds labs website anymore. i think theyre stopping production on it.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent results and very impressive, considering you're not taking finasteride or dutasteride.

jiminy465

Reaction score
Hi the scalp roller I think is quite important, just going from my observations. My backyard theory is that the copper peptides and wound process more than likely works synergistically. I probably use around 1ml of spectral dnc each application. Oh that sucks didn't realise production had stopped. In that case I will soon be switching to their new product spectral dnc s and add in my own minoxidil from a good source maybe with retin a added.

- - - Updated - - -

Also for anyone interested, I think it is absolutely critical that applications of any minoxidil based topical you are using are not missed. Once a week absolute maximum, can set you back half a week or more if 2 are missed in succession, all opinion based.

- - - Updated - - -

ad.jpgadd.jpg

Here are some updated pics from today roughly 3 months from the other pictures, not the best comparison as my hair is a fair bit shorter in these pictures. Will try to find some better comparison shots from side on for later.

- - - Updated - - -

1st left.jpg2nd left.jpg3rd left.jpg

Here are some comparison pics from the left side, 1st picture is a little bit of a different angle makes it seem like I have more hair loss. Still can see the improvement though I think. Pictures are roughly from 0 months(of starting new routine), 6 months and 9 months all brushed back, hair also gets progressively shorter.