My Post-finasteride Syndrome. Where Can I Get Advice?

Reaction score
I took finasteride from 2008 to 2013. Now four years after I got I still experience general fatigue and ED all the time. I had a blood test and came back with high cholesterol, T level around 500, and FSH and LH were below range.

Mind you, I had a blood test from before finasteride, T level was around 1,100.

I also can't sleep well, I have a lot of trouble there.

Where can I post about this? Where do the guys suffering from this post? Who are the best doctors to see?

Thanks.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
www.propeciahelp.com

From what I've read about PFS, things will improve, it just takes time, in some cases many years. Off the top of my head, fasting, lifting weights and avoiding gluten is helpful.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Op did you have these symptoms while on finasteride and chose to ignore them or did they only come after?

Reaction score
propeciahelp.com seems to be dead, no one hardly ever posts. Any other place?

Op did you have these symptoms while on finasteride and chose to ignore them or did they only come after?

I had some of them on finasteride, but finasteride kept in the 800s (and caused high estradiol as well and gynecomastia) so I at least could go to the gym. I had ED but I thought finasteride was just an innocent little hair pill and didn't make the connection.

finasteride also caused anxiety and depression, and I have no reason to be depressed. The depression disappeared as soon as I stopped finasteride, the anxiety remains somewhat.

finasteride also caused me a little bit of what they call moon face. Basically my whole face swelled up and sagged a little bit, enough to make my face noticeably less attractive. I would love to know if the moon face effect can be reversed. I tried fillers and they worked, but I don't want to keep injecting fillers in my face, I want it to go back to 'normal'

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You use minoxidil?

Because moon face normally it's from minoxidil.

Yup, finasteride sides is real I know, I take finasteride for like 8-9 months and I stopped used finasteride 10 months ago, I still sides but Im improving :)

So don't worry, take care

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride from 2008 to 2013. Now four years after I got I still experience general fatigue and ED all the time. I had a blood test and came back with high cholesterol, T level around 500, and FSH and LH were below range.

Mind you, I had a blood test from before finasteride, T level was around 1,100.

I also can't sleep well, I have a lot of trouble there.

Where can I post about this? Where do the guys suffering from this post? Who are the best doctors to see?

Thanks.

go to swolesource.com mate. look at the pfs section

best place around at the moment to help guys get rid of this sh*t.

people are following something called cd nuts protocol, which is bascially just very healthy living

as medina says, it involves fasting, eating heatlhy, lifting weights and few other things

it takes time but you will get there

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The person who cured his PFS, CDnuts, posts at swole source.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
go to swolesource.com mate. look at the pfs section

best place around at the moment to help guys get rid of this sh*t.

people are following something called cd nuts protocol, which is bascially just very healthy living

as medina says, it involves fasting, eating heatlhy, lifting weights and few other things

it takes time but you will get there

You shouldn't need to follow a protocol to recover from this drug.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people starting finasteride need to get baseline hormone testing prior to usage.

Make sure you know where your levels are at incase something goes terribly wrong.

Also consider using arimidex with finasteride.

However PFS seems to really be the cause of neurosteroid inhibition and not hormones.