my pictures

dw99

Reaction score
hi all, i hope this isn't taboo, but i'm gonna link to my pictures that i have posted on the "other" hair loss site. i spend a while putting up that site and don't have the energy to do it all over again here. anyhow, if this is a problem or disrespectful or whatever, just let me know (moderators) and i'll remove the link. so yeah here it is:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/dw99/

i'm 22 and first noticed thinning last november (2004). been on finasteride since march 5th of this year.

so yeah, just looking for feedback. i'm thinking about getting my head buzzed real short on like a 3 guard or something. how many of you guys think i'll look like a total idiot with that? if so, what are your other suggestions. thanks!

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking good my man!

To me it looks like male pattern baldness has not had much effect on you yet, but that you are the kind of person who has naturally thin/sparse hair. In any case, you've caught it early so you should be all good.

gluck!

dw99

Reaction score
hairshmair, thank a lot dude. and yes, i have always had the good fortune (sarcasm) of having thin/sparse hair. male pattern baldness really hurts when it's already so damn thin in the first place :(

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dw99, looks like you caught it early, research + the right regime should put you in the clear for at least a decade or so.

good luck

Ty

PS at least give the cat a chance with -8

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dw99,

On your HLH website I read the following:

The start of my loss was preceded about 3 months by a horrible pregnancy scare that caused about a month's worth of insomnia and terrible anxiety night and day. I really think that's what kicked this bullshit off, but I guess I'll never know.

I think I found the cause of your hairloss man! If I thought I might be pregnant I think I would start losing a lot more hair myself :D

Anyhow, joking aside, your hair is looking good man. It actually isnt uncommon for one side of your head to get hit worse by male pattern baldness then the other. Some people claim it has to do with the growth pattern of hair as they claim in grows in either a clockwise pattern or a counter clockwise pattern... But who knows... I do know it isnt uncommon and, while mine isnt as extensive as yours, my left side is thinner then my right...

Good luck man :)

PS

Have you tried Nizoral 2% shampoo?

dw99

Reaction score
socks, thanks for the reply...

and yes, i am using nizoral 1%. that totally slipped my mind when i was making my HLH website.

anyone else have any opinions?

thanks!

drinkrum

Reaction score
Looks like a good starting time for finasteride. I do think that you would better if you buzzed your head. Try buzzing it very short like a #1 on the sides and a #2 on top, blended.

D.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i buzz my hair and like drinkrum said, i think you would look better with a shaved head. i prefer a #2 or a #3 all around instead since my head is more egg shaped but since you dont have that #1 on sides and #2 on top would be good.

G

i think it looks fine how it is, its fairly short anyway, but hey its the summer and get it buzzed if you want, loads of guys do it.