My Pics - Considering Hair Transplant

subterfuge

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm from the UK.
Over the last 2 years or so, i've noticed my hair disappearing.
Firstly I noticed the corners of my hairline had receded and got thin.I noticed my general hairline got slightly worse.
Maybe more worryingly, i've noticed that the general desnity of my whole head seems to has quite drastically decreased. It *FEELS* like i've lost about 40% density!
However, it still doesn't really show much 'thinning' on the head apart from the corners. (just sits flatter and has lost all of it's 'bulk')
I wasn't actually aware throughout my life, but I think I always had a slightly high hairline. I never had a perfect hairline, even as a kid. I have pics of me at like 16 where there really isn't a HUGE change between my hairline now and then
I am currently in talks with a hairtransplant place in Hungary and am considering travelling there next year to see if they can fill in the balding corners, as well as hopefully lower the whole hairline (or at least lower the corners so my head looks less wide) just a tad
Just posting my pics here to get any thoughts people might have, really.
https://imgur.com/a/eqaHo

Last edited:

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not bad for a 34 years old actually and of course your hair at 16 will always be better, that's the sad truth about aging aswell.

Are you on any kind of meds ? finasteride and Minoxidil are great for the thinning situation.

And yes, at your age you can consider a hair transplant surgery, but i suggest to try meds first for a solid year before

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my opinion but that hair in it's present state is not going to exclude you in any way from female attraction. Need a much better hair style though, IMHO. However, if concerned about it getting worse, I agree w/ Baldybalderbald. Transplant? No. Again, just my opinion from old guy that has lived through all stages of hairloss and life.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A hair transplant will destroy your hair and your life. 100% guaranteed. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like the others said, get on finasteride if you aren't already. Your hair looks very age appropriate IMO. I wouldn't do more than like 1500 grafts on your hairline.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pull your hairline back and take a pic in natural light if you want accurate advice. Can't see what's going on at all with these pics

subterfuge

Reaction score
Just my opinion but that hair in it's present state is not going to exclude you in any way from female attraction. Need a much better hair style though, IMHO. However, if concerned about it getting worse, I agree w/ Baldybalderbald. Transplant? No. Again, just my opinion from old guy that has lived through all stages of hairloss and life.

What style would you suggest out of interest? This is how I usually wear it on nights out (this has some fibres in there to hid the balding corners and product blowdried to give the illusion of higher density elsewhere)

https://imgur.com/a/M1r9R

Also, i'm so scared of finasteride. Of the 4 people who I know in real life who've taken it, 2 of them have suffered somewhat permanent sexual sides which is super scary to me. One of them didn't' seem to respond at all (although no bad sides), and one had a positive experience.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
A hair transplant will destroy your hair and your life. 100% guaranteed. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.

Buckthorn please. He is not diffusing. Hair transplant if successful would have this chap looking suave xx

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
What style would you suggest out of interest? This is how I usually wear it on nights out (this has some fibres in there to hid the balding corners and product blowdried to give the illusion of higher density elsewhere)

https://imgur.com/a/M1r9R

Also, i'm so scared of finasteride. Of the 4 people who I know in real life who've taken it, 2 of them have suffered somewhat permanent sexual sides which is super scary to me. One of them didn't' seem to respond at all (although no bad sides), and one had a positive experience.

Hard to say without seeing the whole head because face shape really affects hairstyle. I could only suggest going to a high end stylist and let them work you over with something different just to try it. Although this pic is better than the other one I based my previous comment on.

I agree with you on finasteride. Of course we get blasted here from non-sides success stories but I wouldn't touch it. I enjoyed my sex life as a youth too much to risk even a slight damper in it. Best of luck, Mate.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn please. He is not diffusing. Hair transplant if successful would have this chap looking suave xx

he is starting to diffuse for sure. He is NOT on any preventative medication. He IS exactly like me before I got mine. I know I am a "rarity" or whatever you guys call it, but there are A LOT of men out there like me who now have very little hair, weird looking transplants and no future regarding treatments or further transplants.

Do it if you'd like. I am simply saying that there is a pretty notable chance that your hair greed may destroy what you have left.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
he is starting to diffuse for sure. He is NOT on any preventative medication. He IS exactly like me before I got mine. I know I am a "rarity" or whatever you guys call it, but there are A LOT of men out there like me who now have very little hair, weird looking transplants and no future regarding treatments or further transplants.

Do it if you'd like. I am simply saying that there is a pretty notable chance that your hair greed may destroy what you have left.

Not sure what my most needed forum poster related photos are, your hair or Dante's face.

subterfuge

Reaction score
thanks for the replies
Clinic got back to me and are suggesting 2000-3000 hairs to fill in the corners and straighten the hairline a little.
Unfortunately they insist on shaving the whole head which is something I was trying too avoid
I'd look ugly as hell, completely bald. I don't have the facial features to make it look good. Weak facial bones

Slightly off topic, but how many hairs does a normal head lose each day? I appear to lose hundreds and hundreds, and I feel as though it's bene like that for quite a while and so I can't work out why i'm not completely bald, lol. Are new hairs always growing at the same time?

Also, is it bad that I 'pull' my hair out? I don't mean yanking out hair, but I have a habit of 'checking' the see how easy my hair comes out and so I basically run my fingers through my hair, VERY gently squeezing my fingers together, and I pretty much get 4 or 5 hairs every time. I feel as though, if I wanted too, I could take out about 1000 hairs per day, lol
BUt I figured, if they come out so easily, they'd come out anyway when I brush my hair, so there's not much wrong with it?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you will be ugly for 3 months then full slayer mode 3 months later, assuming they don't screw it up. All members I know on this forum including myself are pleased with our hair after getting a transplant.

As for hairs falling out daily, I've heard 50-100 is normal. Don't quote me on that however...

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have maybe 8000 donor grafts and you're going to use 2-3000 on just your hairline? Lol do that. Good luck in 10 yrs

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have maybe 8000 donor grafts and you're going to use 2-3000 on just your hairline? Lol do that. Good luck in 10 yrs

I used 3000 on my frontal third and will use another 2000 on it lowering temples and perfecting density.

Shook used like 6000 on frontal third and some midscalp.