My Parents Are Absolutely Un-f*****g-believable

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I told my mom that I'm taking Finasteride for a month and now she's absolutely killing my patience while I try to explain it to her that the pills are not going to f*****g destroy my liver and my body. She won't hear what I have to say about it, she keeps telling me she read on the f*****g internet how some people got sides from the pills and grew breasts and all that sh*t so I told her well some people do have sides, some don't, so far I don't have any side in 1 month so why the f*** should I stop, I told her if I get any sides I will stop the bloody f*****g treatment. I'm f*****g fed up with this sh*t. She'd rather me go bald than take Finasteride and I f*****g told her that if I go bald I will go in some intense depressive state again.

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kid, tell her she should go to a hair transplant and remove all the hair on top so she becomes a norwood 7 for life, then see how it feels like.

We are trying to save a Limb here, our hair.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
same was with my mother, its normal. she doesnt know what shes talking about. trust me mate, on my personal expierience i learned that you are the only whos responsible for your destiny. all other people will look at it through prism of their bias.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's something wrong there if your mother still makes decisions for you at 24. You're a man for Christ sake! Do what you want with your body.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to explain her what Hairloss means to you. So take a seat with her on the table and explain her calmly how you afraid of every wind or bad light and how you always think everybody is looking on your head (or whatever you think). Maybe show her also some bad pictures of bad confusing hairloss. I guess she just thinks you just wanna look a bit better and you risk your health for that. And she wants you to be healthy, cause she is your mum. So explain her why Hair loss makes you mentally ill and she will probably understand (cause a mentally ill son sucks).

And if she still wont understand, f*** it, you're old enough.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro you’re 24...

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 146

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Well I'm not living with my parents, I moved out. Also it was my decision to jump on finasteride, my parents were against it since I first told them of it a couple of years ago. Of course I'm the one taking decisions for myself, but I always liked to inform them of the things I decided to do. Usually they trust my judgement, but this time around it seems like they are completely against it and they're trying to do everything in power to stop me from taking finasteride and make me scared of it but they have no idea that I researched this sh*t extensively.

I'm well aware of the risks and told them I'm willing to accept the risks but the thing is it discourages me when I see my own people are so much against it.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Well I'm not living with my parents, I moved out. Also it was my decision to jump on finasteride, my parents were against it since I first told them of it a couple of years ago. Of course I'm the one taking decisions for myself, but I always liked to inform them of the things I decided to do. Usually they trust my judgement, but this time around it seems like they are completely against it and they're trying to do everything in power to stop me from taking finasteride and make me scared of it but they have no idea that I researched this sh*t extensively.

I'm well aware of the risks and told them I'm willing to accept the risks but the thing is it discourages me when I see my own people are so much against it.

Maybe try topical finasteride first? Could be a middle ground since it has supposedly less sides.