My opinion on hairloss.

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems some of you guys take your hairloss pretty lightly, maybe you take your hair for granted... you take going BALD pretty lightly.... how is it a few hundred dollars a year can be significant at all when you are talking about keeping your hair. Honestly, I think for a "healthy" person there is nothing worse then losing your hair, it rips at your soul, degrades you, humiliates you to no end, slowly but surely and consistantly tearing your image apart, taking away your youth and any good looks you once had, and most importantly taking away your self confidence. You would rather spent $200 a year on your cell phone or some cable tv or some stupid vacuum when that $200 could be used to save your hair for years?? I simply do not see the logic in that. My advice to everyone is do not take it for granted, do your best and fight it and be satisfied with what you got.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice poetry. But you should know none of the things you describe needs to go along with hair loss. If they do, there's usually more to it than a mere loss of hair. And while I chose to treat my hair loss, I'm not overly concerned about it. Some of my friends, who chose to shave their entire head at the first sign of hair loss, actually look better now.

Try yoga, meditation, whatever, to get yourself out of that horrible mood.

avri

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
ahh i but too feel the same shame and self pity as invalid... i wish this wasn't the case but it is and hairloss destroyed and continues to destroy me and my entire life....

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wish they would come out with something that worked for 100% of the men on this planet........sorry im dreaming again.

Axon

Reaction score
I don't know if it rips at my soul, but it sucks, so I fight it.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
There's lots of worse things that can happen to you, but yea hairloss sucks ***. Even though I'm not a vain person, we live in a vain world where being different isn't tolerated well. It really sucks. I can easily get past my hairloss problem but 95% of women can't. :evil:

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
for me...its just become a fact of life...its something that comes with age...and its eventually its going to take its course until a cure arrives

so why let it tear you apart? just accept the fact

sonicthehedgehog

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't touch my soul.

The thing is you have to have a laugh and you have to get on with life. Or there is no point.

I wish somebody would come out with a cure. All current drugs don't touch the source of the problem at all.

And if somebody said you can have the 12 year old kid hairline and thickness if you spend 5 hours each day doing *this* I would pass on it. Dedicating a great deal of your life to your hair is pointless.

IMO

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think ANYBODY here is overly concerned with their hair. It's all about how we are perceived by the opposite sex. Thats what wer'e all here for isn't it? That's why we spend all the time and $$ to make ourselves look better right? At least that's what it's all about for me. I'm 27 and single and look forward to finding that special someone. Without hair my chances diminish GREATLEY.

I don't think anybody goes to the trouble of fighting hairloss because they enjoy standing around in front of the mirror all day looking at their hair. It's not about the hair. It's all about not ending up a lonely old bald dude. Sure there's a few girls in their 20's who can get past it but those are usually the fat chicks.
:lol:

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems some of you guys take your hairloss pretty lightly, maybe you take your hair for granted... you take going BALD pretty lightly.... how is it a few hundred dollars a year can be significant at all when you are talking about keeping your hair

Sorry dude that's got to be some of the stupidiest sh*t I've ever heard on a hairloss website forum. Do you even think that anybody would be here to read your post if we were taking hair lightly. There are millions of men losing their hair and only a small number of those frequent hairloss sights. WE ARE THE GUYS NOT TAKING HAIRLOSS LIGHTLY. My buddy who doesn't give a sh*t and just wears a hat is not even taking hairloss lightly. Unless you're an enigma, in today's shallow world, one would have to take hairloss hard. It's a given.

FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS. I f*****g wish. Ad up all the time and money, unless you have very minor hairloss, and hairloss can be thousands a year to treat. I would rather not have to spend any of that money myself, however i am a vain motherf*cker through and through. But for those guys who don;t treat and rather have a nice cell phone, all the power to them, they are probably better for it in the long run. I feel as if I'm just prolonging the inevitable.

GEORGE CONSTAN is right, it comes down to the need to get or KEEP pussy around. And SONIC is also right, life is too short to agonize over hairloss. Look around life is beautiful, it's a one in a gabillion trillion chance that were here. Enjoy it.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bob Marley said.

"GEORGE CONSTAN is right, it comes down to the need to get or KEEP pussy around. And SONIC is also right, life is too short to agonize over hairloss. Look around life is beautiful, it's a one in a gabillion trillion chance that were here. Enjoy it."

Tear down the cheek. :lol:

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
yea bob it was pretty dumb, thanks for pointing that out for me.

anyway i read several posts about people deciding to quit and shave their head, etc, and i've had a big choice lately about staying on propecia since it seems i may have gyno..... anyway i decided to stay on, that's why i posted the dumbest post in the world, it seemed to make sense at the time.

in-valid

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i hear what youre saying about wanting to treat hairloss to keep interest from the ladies, i think thats a big part of it. i consider myself a good looking guy but couldnt imagine myself bald. everytime i have a haircut i cringe until i have my highlights put in, which make my hair look much thicker and i then feel on top of the world again, albeit with a feeling of inevitability that it wont be long before its all gone.

but i dont think its all about the women, not for me and probably not for most young guys around my age. for me, its also a lot about being perceived as "normal". im 18. yes, many, possibly even most, of my peers have hairloss problems..say, a receding hairline. but, as a pretty bad diffuse thinner, my hair could all go just like that and bam id be a norwood 7. ouch. so, for me its also an issue of how i feel about myself. why is my body degrading when im only 18? hair shouldnt be "dying" and dropping off. i cant have a youthful face and a 40 year olds head of hair by the time im 20.

my confidence goes up and down so much depending on how my hair looks. generally, for about 2 weeks when its shorter i feel on top of the world, am really happy with my looks and confident etc. when its longer, hairloss shows a bit more so for 2 weeks my confidence is a bit subdued.

balding sucks ***. diffuse thinning sucks ***. diffuse thinning when your 18 sucks ***. all i can say is thank god for highlights otherwise id look like a bald kid. sometimes, i can look like a norwood 0 with no thinning. totally deceptive.

come on propecia, work it for me baby..

Cassin

Reaction score
You know I don't think it was a dumb post at all. This is part of going through this thing. One day your full of confidence thinking this problem is 100% solved, the next day your damn near on your knees crying like a women feeling hopeless. Just about everyone on this board has been through huge ups and downs like this, and if you haven't, you will.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Cassin said:
You know I don't think it was a dumb post at all. This is part of going through this thing. One day your full of confidence thinking this problem is 100% solved, the next day your damn near on your knees crying like a women feeling hopeless. Just about everyone on this board has been through huge ups and downs like this, and if you haven't, you will.

I hear that :!:

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Just the part about "US" guys taking hairloss lightly, was funny to me, because I don't think any guy on this sight has ever taken hairloss "LIGHLY" Otherwise the rest of the post was good advice.

Sorry invalid, I did not mean come off hostile at all, just pointing out the above fact. I hope all goes well for you. I've had to make that same decision, SO far SO good. Good Luck

One day your full of confidence thinking this problem is 100% solved, the next day your damn near on your knees crying like a women feeling hopeless.

I don't think I have had a day that iv'e ever thought this problem has been 100% solved. I guess it's just the realist in me. "DAMN NEAR" I pretty much have been on my knees crying like a women. And when it come sto my hair I always feel helpless.

Cassin

Reaction score
I suppose "100% solved" would be relative. For me I have had moments where my hair looked so good after a haircut. Plus my treatments are for sure working and I have said to myself that even though I am a Norwood 2.5, I can accept where my situation is and I feel comfortable from here on out. Then 2 weeks later my damn comb and shampoo betray me and my hair just looks horrible.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin

Yeah I can relate to that BIG time man. You sometimes have that day of acceptance where your hair looks good even with some recession. You think to yourself that at least it is not a nw7, and with some good styling, it's looking good. Go bed, wake up the next day and look in the mirror and think F*Ck my hair looks like sh*t and feel like the world is ending. The hairloss battle is one of pills and topicals, but it's also one of accepteing the inevitable and dealing with it. It's full of up and downs. One minute I'm a nw3 and the next minute I'm a Norwood 1.5. ONe minute propecia is working for me, then the next I think it's not.

FORKING CRAZY MANG.

Axon

Reaction score
I definetly have days where I think I've won out, and then I have days where I freak out about it.

roman83

Reaction score
aww.. sucks to be 20 and read some of this stuff, Hairloss is already tearing me apart and im in the first year of it... This does suck.