My One Year Journey With Finasteride;

Mate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this with someone.

I took my first 1mg finasteride pill on 09. October 2017, because my hairline was slowly receding. I have been on it ever since.

Results:
It definitely works. My hairline stopped receding, and my hair got thicker and just looks overall better. I am so happy with my hair right now, and I can really style it the way I want - not trying to hide my hairline anymore, so I think a slight regrowth has occured.

Side-effect(s):
- Erectile dysfunction, and no sexual drive at all at this point. (the small amount c*m I produce is also ridiculous at this point)

I did feel this slightly at the beginning of my journey, but over time it just got worse - and yesterday I just hit rock bottom.
I kept lying to myself and just kept telling myself that it was all in my head. At first my 'connection' to my penis was almost all gone, the area just feels numb and cold, and the orgasms are just non-existent at this point. At first I noticed a weak erection when I was 'doing it myself', but the last couple of months I can't feel anything even if I am having sex without a condom - and I mean literally anything.

At this point I am not sure what to do. I have the 'perfect' hair, but a penis that is not working optimal. If I stop taking them my hairline will continue to receed, but hopefully my penis will start working again. It looks like an easy choice, but everybody who has ever dealt with hairloss knows how difficult it actually is.

I will try to take one-two weeks of finasteride to see if it does anything to my side-effects. I have heard about the permanent damage it can do to you, but I just hope that doesn't happen to me.

If you guys had any similar situation, I would really like to hear what you did? I do consider to lower the dosage to 0,5mg or 0,2mg - but how will it affect my hair?

But mentioned before, I will take one-two weeks off finasteride, and see what it does to my side-effects, and I will update it in here.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man I thought I'd give you my quick opinion, you seem to be really happy about your looks now but the side effects are discouraging you. I'm sorry to hear that, I honestly think you should cut your doasage to .5 to see if that could possibly help with the side affects . .5 and 1 mg basically inhibit the same dht but it could possibly lessen your side affects, so your hair would still be perfect and maybe the sides would gonaway. If that doesn't work I would even try .25 alot of ppl have success with just a quarter of a pill with no sides. I think if you find your perfect balance you won't have sides and will also maintain your hair....best of luck and keep us updated if you feel the need. Goodluck

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds horrible (sides) & you should get that checked out. I hope everything works out for you, and I’d reccomend lowering the dosage. The bad news is this can also cause a lot of shedding + losing what you have bc of finasteride. It may be time to try something else though (Anti androgens + LLLT or smthin)

Mate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update - Day 3 without finasteride;

- My penis feels a lot warmer than before, and doesn't shrink as much before.
- Had sex last night, and didn't have problems with keeping the erection - but still not a rockhard erection like before. The orgasm - just right before cuming - felt a lot better!

Still early, but I definitely feel some small improvements. I will of course not let my self get carried away, because I never know if I can get a setback or anything like that.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can decrease your dosage and take low dose Clomid to increase LH/FSH...long term Finasteride use can decrease LH

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can decrease your dosage and take low dose Clomid to increase LH/FSH...long term Finasteride use can decrease LH

Do you know of anyway to increase semen volume? that's my biggest problem with finasteride and dutasteride. I think orgasms aren't as strong because of that.