My nightmare continues, 4 strikes, waiting for system #5

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apology in advance but I need to vent. It's been one year now since I started this journey and I am still waiting for a system I can actually wear. Systems #1 and #3 came with completely wrong hair color. Coloring my bio hair to match was not an option, and I would have required frequent color maintenance as my hair is mostly grey and wouldn't hold color for very long. System #2 was cut too short, we had ordered 6" hair but it came with 3", and would have looked like a furry hat on my head.
With system #4 they nailed the color but again the factory cut it back from the 6" length ordered, to 4" (no reason given). As a result, there is a somewhat noticeable join line at the back of my head, and the sides are not long enough to cover my weakening side hair.
Luckily the salon has purchased 3 out of the 4 systems and are selling them as stock units. I have decided to keep #4 as the color match is very good, and in the (unlikely) event that #5 arrives and is good to wear, I will at least have #4 as a spare for emergencies. I can always wear a ball cap in public to hide the detectable join at the back. At any rate, if #5 turns out good (knocking on wood) I plan to order another exact copy immediately.

I have also looked at various online companies hoping to find a stock system that might work for me, but unfortunately my bio hair makes it impossible to find a color match. I am predominantly grey, but with a higher percentage of dark hair on top and at the back, with nearly all grey at the sides and behind the ears.

With the pandemic and my system failures, this has been the most frustrating year of my life, but I'm not giving up just yet. I am happy for everybody that found a good fit without having to go through a year of swings and misses.
Hopefully I'll have some good news to post in a couple of months.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Apology in advance but I need to vent. It's been one year now since I started this journey and I am still waiting for a system I can actually wear. Systems #1 and #3 came with completely wrong hair color. Coloring my bio hair to match was not an option, and I would have required frequent color maintenance as my hair is mostly grey and wouldn't hold color for very long. System #2 was cut too short, we had ordered 6" hair but it came with 3", and would have looked like a furry hat on my head.
With system #4 they nailed the color but again the factory cut it back from the 6" length ordered, to 4" (no reason given). As a result, there is a somewhat noticeable join line at the back of my head, and the sides are not long enough to cover my weakening side hair.
Luckily the salon has purchased 3 out of the 4 systems and are selling them as stock units. I have decided to keep #4 as the color match is very good, and in the (unlikely) event that #5 arrives and is good to wear, I will at least have #4 as a spare for emergencies. I can always wear a ball cap in public to hide the detectable join at the back. At any rate, if #5 turns out good (knocking on wood) I plan to order another exact copy immediately.

I have also looked at various online companies hoping to find a stock system that might work for me, but unfortunately my bio hair makes it impossible to find a color match. I am predominantly grey, but with a higher percentage of dark hair on top and at the back, with nearly all grey at the sides and behind the ears.

With the pandemic and my system failures, this has been the most frustrating year of my life, but I'm not giving up just yet. I am happy for everybody that found a good fit without having to go through a year of swings and misses.
Hopefully I'll have some good news to post in a couple of months.
Jeez... where ever you are getting your systems from is USELESS!!!! i have NEVER had such horrendous problems with a system .. and i have been doing it for 6yrs now. which company is this ?

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So which company is screwing up so terribly? You should share, so folks can avoid them.
I don't know the names but I'll try to find out. All I was told is that one is in Italy and the other is in South Korea (if I am being given correct information by the salon).
I can understand that my color is a pain in the a** to match, but there was no conceivable reason for them to go all Edward Scissorhands on two of my orders. The last one really broke my heart as the color was so good.

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeez... where ever you are getting your systems from is USELESS!!!! i have NEVER had such horrendous problems with a system .. and i have been doing it for 6yrs now. which company is this ?
I can't say the name, it's just a local salon in my city (not a franchise), they really are trying to make things right for me and seem as frustrated as I am with the process. So far it hasn't cost me any extra $, we have gone through 4 systems and I have only paid for the one I intend to keep as a spare. I might have a different outlook if the next one turns out like the first four.

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW, are you ordering stock or custom systems?

I think if I had normal color hair this process would be so much easier. Having these weird blends all over pretty much eliminates the stock system option for me.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
BTW, are you ordering stock or custom systems?

I think if I had normal color hair this process would be so much easier. Having these weird blends all over pretty much eliminates the stock system option for me.
i am dark brown by nature , but i wear a colour blonde that i get stock .. 22R .. thankfully i am not in that nightmare of a unique hair colour.. but i order all my systems independantly and do all my own maintenance.. :) that way i am not locked into any salon which makes it SO much easier, tbh alot of the online companies are really easy to deal with and work well with you as a consumer regards colour and density etc. if you did custom you could send them the one unit you have as a basis for colour.. and they could custom it for you and it would be perfect.

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am dark brown by nature , but i wear a colour blonde that i get stock .. 22R .. thankfully i am not in that nightmare of a unique hair colour.. but i order all my systems independantly and do all my own maintenance.. :) that way i am not locked into any salon which makes it SO much easier, tbh alot of the online companies are really easy to deal with and work well with you as a consumer regards colour and density etc. if you did custom you could send them the one unit you have as a basis for colour.. and they could custom it for you and it would be perfect.
I would definitely go your route if I didn't have this lousy two tone hair to deal with. I'm still browsing online though, maybe I'll come across something I can use eventually. DIY is definitely the better way to go. I worry a bit that if my next system works out there's no guarantee the salon will survive through this pandemic. Then I'd be back to square one. But for now I'm just hoping for a good system.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have other options? Seems that the salon is not doing their job vis a vis their sources.

For example... I don't put a system on a client's' head until I make sure that what I get is exactly what I ordered.

The salon should have this info... they are f*****g up. You should make them deal with it... serious discount as well.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I would definitely go your route if I didn't have this lousy two tone hair to deal with. I'm still browsing online though, maybe I'll come across something I can use eventually. DIY is definitely the better way to go. I worry a bit that if my next system works out there's no guarantee the salon will survive through this pandemic. Then I'd be back to square one. But for now I'm just hoping for a good system.
have you thought about buying a 613 blonde colour stock and dyeing it with your salon ?? that would be a good way to get a colour match if your salon is good with dyeing it ?

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have other options? Seems that the salon is not doing their job vis a vis their sources.

For example... I don't put a system on a client's' head until I make sure that what I get is exactly what I ordered.

The salon should have this info... they are f*****g up. You should make them deal with it... serious discount as well.
They have let me down, it has not cost me any extra so far, but the time invested is significant and of course the stress.
I am waiting to see how the one currently on order turns out. If its another bust I will be moving on. There are two or three other options where I live that I can look into. Being able to do it all myself would be ideal, but I will need help with this until I get the hang of the maintenance.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
They have let me down, it has not cost me any extra so far, but the time invested is significant and of course the stress.
I am waiting to see how the one currently on order turns out. If its another bust I will be moving on. There are two or three other options where I live that I can look into. Being able to do it all myself would be ideal, but I will need help with this until I get the hang of the maintenance.

Yeah, unfortunately this happens sometimes... I don't know anything about your salon, but some that I have encountered just don't put in the work it takes to really learn the business, or work with reliable suppliers, or know HOW to work with suppliers.

Good luck!

Steve