My new haircut looks great

G

I don´t like it. Someone already mentioned that it looks very conservative. I would like to want some wild haircut, unfortunately my "hair" is too thin for any decent styles. It hides the thinning though...

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I quite like it and think that it'll look even better in about 8 weeks, a little messier would definately help too.

G

UK1 said:
I quite like it and think that it'll look even better in about 8 weeks, a little messier would definately help too.

why 8 weeks? i plan to get it cut like this every 4. i don't want long hair.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
UK1 said:

why 8 weeks? i plan to get it cut like this every 4. i don't want long hair.

It wont be long in 8 weeks, it just wont look so polite.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ah the ol crop cut.. that was my old hairstyle growing up.

Military barbers specialty besides the shaved look. lol

Looks good.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks good Jayman.

Dont have to be like the norm, everyone has their hair 'messy'. I had a friend a few years back that was your age and he had a similar hair style, his was longer though. He style of dress made his cut look very GQ. Suited him well.

I think the clothes you wear will make the difference as well. It may be a more 'mature' cut, but you can make it look younger or more stylish by the clothes you wear.

You cant detect hairloss judging from your pics, looks good, as long as ur happy thats all that matters.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Looks good Jayman.

Dont have to be like the norm, everyone has their hair 'messy'. I had a friend a few years back that was your age and he had a similar hair style, his was longer though. He style of dress made his cut look very GQ. Suited him well.

I think the clothes you wear will make the difference as well. It may be a more 'mature' cut, but you can make it look younger or more stylish by the clothes you wear.

You cant detect hairloss judging from your pics, looks good, as long as ur happy thats all that matters.
Jayman,
I agree with blaze here. If in fact you are in the business world, then that haircut will serve you well. But when u go out with your friends or dates you can modernize it, change it up. Anyone who works in a business environment will know instinctively that Beckham hair does not come across well.

G

thanks guys.

yeah i think it will be good professionally. any tips for making it different for going out?>

BABA

Reaction score
Jayman, I have hairloss similar to your receeding. I think you like the look because in your eyes it covers the temples. I feel in others eyes who do not spot hairloss like us, would see it more of a combover type look. Since I noticed the receeding I hate my hair more than anything. But I am sure I had the same hair for alteast 2 months before I noticed. Now a style that hides the receeding it looks good to us in the mirror but in general we may be over reacting.

G

BABA said:
Jayman, I have hairloss similar to your receeding. I think you like the look because in your eyes it covers the temples. I feel in others eyes who do not spot hairloss like us, would see it more of a combover type look. Since I noticed the receeding I hate my hair more than anything. But I am sure I had the same hair for alteast 2 months before I noticed. Now a style that hides the receeding it looks good to us in the mirror but in general we may be over reacting.

a side part is not a combover. a comb over is growing one side and combing it to reach the other side.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
hair looks good don't listen to others the whole point is not to see balding and have a nicely groomed hair cut, and you pulled it off.

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman... you aren't even going bald. please leave this forum right away.

Also, if you want to go for the "messy look" without using Gel (ick!), get something called Molding Paste... you rub it together in your hands, really get it warm, and then work it into your hair.

Best part is, after about 10 minutes, your hair looks dry (but the stuff is extremely moldable).

Way better than Gel. Gel doesn't work for anybody over grades 6.

Also, I'm jealous of your hairline (and I KNOW its "half an inch higher" than the tuft. You still don't even rank on the Norwood scale, buddy)

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
Jayman, we're quite similiar. Im about to get the same haircut in 2 hours, though my top is shorter since im regrowing it from shaving my head last month.

Im gonna go for this look when the top grows out though i dont have nice thick straight hair like that:
becks2wd4.png

i have wavy hair, so my sides and especially my sideburns are a huge problem. People with straight hair can keep their hair as thick on the lower sides and sideburns as the top...but not me, mine looks like a hasidic jew it gets all curly and nasty if i dont keep it shaved down

i have hair like that straight and blond. just got my hair cut yesterday so its almost the same haircut. :D

hawks05

Established Member
Reaction score
and i'm betting none of you do any better with the opposite sex now that you have hair.