My New Fitness And Health Care Regimen.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be documenting this here for the sole purpose of motivation. I also appreciate any input.

I am getting my *** in shape, quitting drinking so much and making other changes within my control. Enough is enough and once I set my mind on this I will do it. Today was day one.

Height - 5'9"
Weight - 195 lbs. muscular frame covered in fat

Proposed goals.

Diet - meats, eggs and vegetables only. Low carb bread occasionally. One glass of wine allowed three days a week, preferably on weekends.

Exercise -

1) High intensity interval training. This is what I do best with. moderately heavy weight lifting followed by running 5 sets of stairs, followed by a 1/8th mile run and repeat, alternating muscle groups with weights. I will do this non stop for 45 min / day.

2) kayaking - 4 times a week, about a mile.

3) biking - 2-3 times a week. 4-5 miles, hilly terrain.

I already do about 50% of this, however, the alcohol and semi - sh*t diet has been sustaining my fat.

I will keep this updated once a week or every other week. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT b****s!!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
good luck dude...take pictures of your body changing

will do! 4th day in and I am already noticing changes. Skin looks better already, I look less tired and have a lot of energy. I contribute all this to quitting drinking and intense cardio. :)

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're pretty much my exact height and weight, and you can count your lucky stars, because a lot of guys with these stats are indeed fat asses. As in, rotund, quadruple chinned, so if you have a passably trim or muscular figure, then at least you can thank genetics for one thing.

Now that fortune is realised, it's good you can maximize what you have, and can potentially get in great shape. I've been working out for a year now but mainly focused on building muscle, and basically maintaining the same composition but trimmer. Soon I'm going to do about 6 weeks of circuit training to cut weight, then focus on hypertrophy again but in a more focussed way than before. I might write about it in the weight training thread I made also as a bit of motivation.

But this circuit training I'm attempting brings me to your point here which confused me:

1) High intensity interval training. This is what I do best with. moderately heavy weight lifting followed by running 5 sets of stairs, followed by a 1/8th mile run and repeat, alternating muscle groups with weights. I will do this non stop for 45 min / day.

So it's HIIT (what form of it?) followed by a certain amount of sets of weight training (more than one exercise or?) then the cardio and back around to weights and on?

Maybe I just read it completely wrong.

Anyway good luck, buck. I hope it improves in all ways, but keep a part of that entertaining alcohol enthused rage I like.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're pretty much my exact height and weight, and you can count your lucky stars, because a lot of guys with these stats are indeed fat asses. As in, rotund, quadruple chinned, so if you have a passably trim or muscular figure, then at least you can thank genetics for one thing.

Now that fortune is realised, it's good you can maximize what you have, and can potentially get in great shape. I've been working out for a year now but mainly focused on building muscle, and basically maintaining the same composition but trimmer. Soon I'm going to do about 6 weeks of circuit training to cut weight, then focus on hypertrophy again but in a more focussed way than before. I might write about it in the weight training thread I made also as a bit of motivation.

But this circuit training I'm attempting brings me to your point here which confused me:

So it's HIIT (what form of it?) followed by a certain amount of sets of weight training (more than one exercise or?) then the cardio and back around to weights and on?

Maybe I just read it completely wrong.

Anyway good luck, buck. I hope it improves in all ways, but keep a part of that entertaining alcohol enthused rage I like.

down 5lbs so far. Still drinking, but not as heavy as before.

basically here an example of what I do - 40lb weight curls into shoulder press, 8-10 times, then lat pull downs, then run 5 sets of stairs, then one time around the track. Take a minute break, do another two sets of weights, stairs, run a lap, so on. alternating muscle groups each day. Until I've done about 10-12 sets of weights, 5-6 sets of stairs and 5-6 times around the track. I also add in sets of pushups.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
will do! 4th day in and I am already noticing changes. Skin looks better already, I look less tired and have a lot of energy. I contribute all this to quitting drinking and intense cardio. :)

Any updates? How is your physical fitness plan going so far?