My Mom told me something today..

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
While I was having my breakfast she looked at me and told me that "your eyes looks pale, I told you not to spare your time infront of the computer...Look at your hair, you have lost your hair because of it, you will turn into like old grandfathers (Slang like an old man) before your age is 30"
:roll: I just could not answer her even could not get angry, continued eating my meal,got upset thinking again about my hairloss fate...Now I feel like a piece of sh*t. :cry:
I'm 24 now.

I also never forget the day I was arguing with my father, he told me that "you laugh at your hair!! "(which was not the point) my brother got upset too because he knew that I felt like sh*t that time.

I'll continue to write down when I remember the other bad days...

Cheers

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Pall said:
While I was having my breakfast she looked at me and told me that "your eyes looks pale, I told you not to spare your time infront of the computer...Look at your hair, you have lost your hair because of it, you will turn into like old grandfathers (Slang like an old man) before your age is 30"
:roll: I just could not answer her even could not get angry, continued eating my meal,got upset thinking again about my hairloss fate...Now I feel like a piece of $#iT. :cry:
I'm 24 now.

I also never forget the day I was arguing with my father, he told me that "you laugh at your hair!! "(which was not the point) my brother got upset too because he knew that I felt like $#iT that time.

Cheers

Cheer up buddy. tell your folks that you are concerned with your hairloss and that it hurts you. And don't TRY to remember the bad days. Look on the bright side.

Oh yeah and if that doesn't work out, maybe move out of their house. You're 24, it's time to get out anyway... :hairy:

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.

You can, however, kill your parents and bury their remains in the neighbors yard.

Food for thought.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Lessofarockstar said:
Oh yeah and if that doesn't work out, maybe move out of their house. You're 24, it's time to get out anyway... :hairy:

you were thinking that also? :)

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
sort of off topic, but is there a link to continuous exposure to artificial light (computer screens, tv) and melatonin reglulation which would in turn effect aging...or something? maybe not? lemme do a google search..

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Thinning said:
I wouldent take that $#iT from anyone, even my parents.

If you're still living at home at 24, you take whatever your parents dish out with a smile on your face and be grateful they haven't buried YOU in the neighbor's yard.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
Thinning said:

If you're still living at home at 24, you take whatever your parents dish out with a smile on your face and be grateful they haven't buried YOU in the neighbor's yard.

In many European countries it's quite normal to live with your parents until your late twenties or even 30's.

There are various reasons for this -

Europeans especially those from mediterranean countries are generally more family orientated, it would be seen as strange for a child to have to pay rent to a stranger when they can live at home for free. Grandparents also frequently live with the family instead of being dumped in homes.

Secondly, the work situation is some European countries is poor, and even if young people do get a crap job, the salary will not be sufficient to pay rent on their own flat.

Unfortunately the culture here in Britain is like in the States and young people are encouraged to leave as soon as possible. I wish it wasn't, if I think of all the years I paid rent to greedy landlords when I could have stayed at home and banked the money, I'd have been nearly able to buy a house with little or no mortgage!

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
global said:
hairwegoagain said:
Thinning said:

In many European countries it's quite normal to live with your parents until your late twenties or even 30's.

Europeans especially those from mediterranean countries are generally more family orientated, it would be seen as strange for a child to have to pay rent to a stranger when they can live at home for free. Grandparents also frequently live with the family instead of being dumped in homes.

Secondly, the work situation is some European countries is poor, and even if young people do get a crap job, the salary will not be sufficient to pay rent on their own flat.

Unfortunately the culture here in Britain is like in the States and young people are encouraged to leave as soon as possible. I wish it wasn't, if I think of all the years I paid rent to greedy landlords when I could have stayed at home and banked the money, I'd have been nearly able to buy a house with little or no mortgage!

Man, I cant speak for other european countries.... but in spain is totally the opposite of that :wink:

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
In Ireland we are lucky if there are any houses to live in after breakfast for all the bloody English and Germans buying up whole villages for fun weekends, shooting fish and bothering badgers and otters and the rest of the wildlife with their big wet hairy dogs. A generalisaton perhaps, but property prices are a joke, killing some local continuity. It makes my new hair stand on end!

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bet24 said:
global said:
hairwegoagain said:
Thinning said:

Man, I cant speak for other european countries.... but in spain is totally the opposite of that :wink:

I presume by the wink you're being ironic.

Yeah, I lived in Spain for 7 years so I know what it's like there.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The next time your mum or dad makes fun of your hairloss or comments on your balding head, tell them its coz of the bad genes you have inherited from them.

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
Pall said:
:roll: I just could not answer her even could not get angry, continued eating my meal,got upset thinking again about my hairloss fate...Now I feel like a piece of $#iT. :cry:
I'm 24 now.

I also never forget the day I was arguing with my father, he told me that "you laugh at your hair!! "(which was not the point) my brother got upset too because he knew that I felt like $#iT that time.

Cheers

hello my friend.

your story nearly brought tears to my eyes, cos i know how you feel. i know how awful it is to see your own bloody parents accusing you of inflicting male pattern baldness on yourself. i mean, could there be anything more ironic?

ugh. its sickenin, and one ive cried on more than a few occassion when they've said stuff like "you use too much product" or "you dont eat enough fruit" or "you wash our hair too much" . bullshit.

ignorance is what it is. they dont know how it feels for you, so for that you must forgive them. they are your parents afterall and they do love you no matter how it appears. they show love by chasing you around the house trying to get you to eat all your meals. they are the ones who wake up before you just to ensure you wake up on time for school.

if your parents are makin coments like that, you would be a much bigger person to forgive them for they no not how much they hurt you.
In time, you the hurt will lessen as you mature and come across things in life that matter much more than hair.

in the meantime, the worst thing you can do i lock yourself in your bedroom. pick up a sport, a hobby anything to get you out of the house and about. TRUST ME- you'll instantly feel better. Im 4 years younger and suffering real aggressive male pattern baldness, i have a friend who is my age completely bald. its okay my freind, its never the end of the world.

Good Luck!

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments, It makes me fell better to wright here and see people take their time to help and write kindly... Thank you again..