My Moderate Success On Dutasteride/finasteride.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember asking a ton of questions back in February about Dutasteride and some of the answers were unclear and the consensus was that everyone responds differently so just give it a go.

At the time I said on the forum that when I do try I will update everyone after 6 months to let everyone know if it had any affect on me or not.

Here are the results:

Before treatment

19510509_10155595333073586_2017580875534334359_n.jpg

Over 6 months later and after a gym session:

39883588_10156747353588586_4056357901084655616_n.jpg

39777151_10156747354358586_4078029279563087872_n.jpg

Around my temples hasn't made much of a difference and it just looks better because its grown out, but through the middle, especially the centre, you can see an increase in density.

My treatment has been sporadic at the first but this is what I have done.

Mid Feb was just finasteride.
March I introduced dutasteride and minoxidil.
Throughout March and April I overdid dutasteride because I wanted results and I took it 5 times a week with finasteride on the other days: side effects was terrible anxiety.
May to August - I now take dutasteride once every 5 or 6 days and finasteride on the other days. This gives me less to no side effects.

I hope this thread helps someone who is unsure of whether to take dutasteride. I'm currently hoping to get a little more density and some temple regrowth but I am also happy with where I am, especially compared to where I thought I would be a year ago.

Feels like its time to stop worrying about hair loss and just move on.

If you have any questions please ask.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like awesome results. It’s always sketchy looking at hair that’s longer than baseline though. Can you honestly feel more density when you run your hand through your hair?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like awesome results. It’s always sketchy looking at hair that’s longer than baseline though. Can you honestly feel more density when you run your hand through your hair?
It feels thicker and feels unlikely to fall out if I tug on it.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you believe you had a shed at all? Drop below baseline before regrowth?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you believe you had a shed at all? Drop below baseline before regrowth?
I didn't have any noticeable shed.

I also didn't notice any regrowth or baby hairs but about two months ago I just found my hair was easier to style and I no longer cared if I had toppik on.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks better but you can never tell with such a difference in hair length shave it back down to the original picture length for the best before and after progress assessment

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great job! You were handsome before and you're still handsome after. Well done x

Panda89

My Regimen
Reaction score
you look good man. if i wasnt balding myself i would never consider you as someone who has hair loss problem. that's a nice head of hair for a 33 year old.
did you have any thinning on the crown?
any other side effects from finasteride and dutasteride?
also what made you add dutasteride?

personally my eyebrows had always been super annoyingly thick. i've noticed some eyebrow hair on my desk at work and i don't have to use a tweezers every week to pluck hair out to prevent a monobrow anymore :p

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude...That's just my personal opinion but i think you look better(more masculine,more ''alpha'')in the before pic.
Yes...You look younger and your hair looks thicker in the after pics,but there's definitely feminization(or loss of masculinity if you prefer).
I would like to hear the female perspective on this, but are there any females left on this forum?

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude...That's just my personal opinion but i think you look better(more masculine,more ''alpha'')in the before pic.
Yes...You look younger and your hair looks thicker in the after pics,but there's definitely feminization(or loss of masculinity if you prefer).
I would like to hear the female perspective on this, but are there any females left on this forum?
maybe he is using a filter on his after photos. Never heard of dutasteride causing feminization.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're probably noticing the endorphin-laced glow. This happens to me after I finish lifting.It dissipates like a muscle pump. I bet that's all you're seeing.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
you look good man. if i wasnt balding myself i would never consider you as someone who has hair loss problem. that's a nice head of hair for a 33 year old.
did you have any thinning on the crown?
any other side effects from finasteride and dutasteride?
also what made you add dutasteride?

personally my eyebrows had always been super annoyingly thick. i've noticed some eyebrow hair on my desk at work and i don't have to use a tweezers every week to pluck hair out to prevent a monobrow anymore :p
When I took too much adovart I got terrible anxiety even though I wasn't worried about anything. It took about 5 days of feeling awful to realise I had to take far less Avodart because its such a powerful medication.

Theres been no other major side effects - sex drive seems about the same and performance is still fine.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its just facial hair length, lighting, and pose.

I'm certain finasteride and avo wont cause structural facial changes.

The skins just cleaned up a bit because I accidently bought a whitening charcoal scrub in asia and it makes the skin appear younger and more clear.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats @JohnsonDDG, great results!

I'm about to give Finasteride + Dutasteride a shot, probably will start taking both medications next month (October).

Hopefully I'll see some results! Fingers crossed!

Curlmax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats @JohnsonDDG, great results!

I'm about to give Finasteride + Dutasteride a shot, probably will start taking both medications next month (October).

Hopefully I'll see some results! Fingers crossed!
Both at same time? Watch for possible compounded side effects. Both can have same side effects but also different. Dizziness to passing out while walking can be dicy. Side effects can recede and cease. Since these medications are accumulative, the side effects can be sneaky. Watch for mental side effects and clamp down and control them. Since DHT blockers upset hormone balance mood swings can cause some uncomfortable social situations, but you can stay quiet and batten down and see if you can muster through. Finasteride brought my hair back quickly 6 months through a year, but had to leave it behind and opt for Dutasteride and reduced intensity and less side effects. Hair fine. Mind frame still a little squirrelly, but I am more back in control. But you may do just fine.

Curlmax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember asking a ton of questions back in February about Dutasteride and some of the answers were unclear and the consensus was that everyone responds differently so just give it a go.

At the time I said on the forum that when I do try I will update everyone after 6 months to let everyone know if it had any affect on me or not.

Here are the results:

Before treatment

View attachment 96712

Over 6 months later and after a gym session:

View attachment 96713

View attachment 96714

Around my temples hasn't made much of a difference and it just looks better because its grown out, but through the middle, especially the centre, you can see an increase in density.

My treatment has been sporadic at the first but this is what I have done.

Mid Feb was just finasteride.
March I introduced dutasteride and minoxidil.
Throughout March and April I overdid dutasteride because I wanted results and I took it 5 times a week with finasteride on the other days: side effects was terrible anxiety.
May to August - I now take dutasteride once every 5 or 6 days and finasteride on the other days. This gives me less to no side effects.

I hope this thread helps someone who is unsure of whether to take dutasteride. I'm currently hoping to get a little more density and some temple regrowth but I am also happy with where I am, especially compared to where I thought I would be a year ago.

Feels like its time to stop worrying about hair loss and just move on.

If you have any questions please ask.
Cool, you look like a new man!. I also relaxed out about it once I started making a little progress. After I year on first Finasteride and now Dutasteride instead, I am rolling back dosage too because of anxiety and other severe mental issues. My hair is full still. My medical team said peel back the dosage to where I am comfortable but still getting acceptable results. (Taking DHT Blocker for Prostate as well). So you take Finasteride 5-6 days and Dutasteride once a week? Thank you.

Curlmax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool, you look like a new man!. I also relaxed out about it once I started making a little progress. After I year on first Finasteride and now Dutasteride instead, I am rolling back dosage too because of anxiety and other severe mental issues. My hair is full still. My medical team said peel back the dosage to where I am comfortable but still getting acceptable results. (Taking DHT Blocker for Prostate as well). So you take Finasteride 5-6 days and Dutasteride once a week? Thank you.
(I was about at your hair pattern level starting. And started regrowth about 3-4 months. Filling in at 6 months. Pretty normal at a year. Thicker at a year and a half) Finasteride brought me here and now Dutasteride seems to be holding. I hope your growth continues as mine did but it kind of goes to where your original normal hairline was. Growth starters and scalp massage are supposed to encourage new hair growth elsewhere, but your hair achievement looks great at this point.@ JohnsonDDG!

Last edited:

Curlmax

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I took too much adovart I got terrible anxiety even though I wasn't worried about anything. It took about 5 days of feeling awful to realise I had to take far less Avodart because its such a powerful medication. I had sexual sides from Finasteride but overcame them with male enhancers. I have read on this forum that other guys took v****, Cialus, or Libido Max and over came the sexual dysfunction. (Some never had it.). Finasteride brought my hair back. Switched to Dutasteride and no more sexual sides ( and don't need the Male enhancer any longer) and less of mental sides. Hair is fine. Like @ Johnson DDG said, people can be affected differently, but some experience similar problems.

Theres been no other major side effects - sex drive seems about the same and performance is still fine.