My minoxidil shedding phase pics

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Well here they are, its kinda hard to tell with my hair down but I ran minoxidil for 4 months from sept-dec then quit when I had really thickened things up not knowing about the dreaded shed and have shed fiercely from Jan up until now. I started rogain foam again 3 1/2 weeks ago hoping to get back to where I was so I'm praying. Do you guys see any noticeable thinning.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
here's another few......The area that really thinned the most after quitting minoxidil was the area behind the hairline and temples which had very little thinning even before I started minoxidil, so it got worse that when I started. My hairline is still in tack 1.5, but its the thinning behind this that sucks. Do you fellas think I can regain the thickness I had just a few months ago back with the foam??

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair looks really good. your loss is barely noticeable. i'm sure no one you know suspects you of losing your hair.

i am getting my density back with foam after about 3.5 months, so i think you have a good chance

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks dietcola, do you notice any thinning at all in the pics??

How long did you shed last for initially??

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi lucy123, your hair looks great, have you got any before pics?

I am thinking of going on minoxidil foam too but I am worried about the sides

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah I really do think I do, some people think I'm nuts for thinking so but I know my own hair and after taking a certain medication last July my hair thinned noticeably to me not to others until September when I got on the big 3. And like I said before it noticeably thickened back up by Christmas and then I dropped the minoxidil not knowing any better and bam huge shed up until now. Luckily I caught it early I believe so after this shed I should stay where I am at for a while I hope, but I would really like to get back to where I was before I quit minoxidil, man I am just so pissed at myself for quitting, I wish I could go back and give myself a kick in the *** to keep with it. I wonder what my odds are of growing it back a second time after losing it from quitting minoxidil?? Like I said I've been on it for 3-4 weeks now and am even shedding more so I'm praying it works again.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
firstly, you're not an NW2. Compare your hairline with the icon. Quite a difference.

secondly, i think you're nuts using minoxidil in the first place. your hair is so thick! and there is no obvious thinning area. you should have just stuck with finasteride and waited it out...

im sure minoxidil will grow the hair you lost from the shed.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
its hard to tell what norwood I really am because my hair is combed forward but what would you guess?? 1.5??

I'm not so much concerned with my hairline, its just the thinning behind it in the temples. My hairline really hasn't moved I just have about an inch behind in each temple that is thinner and is more noticeable when wet and spiked up......I'm just hoping to thicken this area back up.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, I know my hair is still in pretty good shape, but its the point that I've noticed thinning that bothers me. I know I caught it pretty early and where I'm at now should be the worst my hair should be for many years to come barring I bounce back from this shed and then maintain for say 10 years. If that happens I will be one happy camper. It would have been nice to start finas before male pattern baldness to possibly prevent it from ever precipitating

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks better than mine!!! By far!!
How old are you, you look older than I am..consider yourself lucky to have such nice hair

Spankyz2Thin

Reaction score
The only thinning I see is in the crown, but it's VERY slight and completely natural for your age. You're a lucky bastard and you really don't need to be here or using meds for that matter. I think you're nuts :!:

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 27 years old, so I'm definitely lucky its not worse off for my age I guess. It's really only noticeable when wet and parted I guess and its only the spots where I applied minoxidil that faded its really weird. For instance the middle of my scalp all the way from the front to back is thick its just thinner on the runways where I applied minoxidil from my temples ona line straight back where the sideways part would be. I'm hoping I rebound like on the charts bryan posted where you actually drop below baseline and then rebound. Its been almost 4 months since I originally dropped minoxidil so that shed should be almost done I would think and it should be uphill from here.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
lucy923,
Your hair is amazing . . If i were you i'd just stay on finasteride to maintain what you have and be happpy and live life. Best of luck.

-Pologuy

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need treatment at all. Your hair is the type people look at and think, "Man, I wish my hair was that thick." Even if there is very mild recession, that's common at your age in men who aren't going bald. On the other hand, it's like you said. You know your hair better than anyone.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah back right before I quit minoxidil, I could spike my hair up and there would be no visible signs of thinning anywhere, but now when i do the same thing my front hairline is more see through with my right temple being exposed more. I know its not bad but just the point that it thinned out pisses me off and makes me regret quitting.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
damn, I am still shedding big time......if it keeps up for too much longer its gonna start getting noticeable to others besides myself and I'm scared shitless. How much longer do you think this minoxidil quitting shed will last. It's been about 17 weeks now of solid shedding it should be about done I would hope. It was so much thicker all over the top in Jan, quitting was the worst mistake I have ever made. do you guys think its about time for it to quit??

xodcbox

Reaction score
Yes rogaine alone !! FOAM ! It works I had never even heard or used any of the pills, medications that so many people on this site use . I saw the rogaine foam ad on tv. Bought it. and Bam! 7 months later I got hair on my head!!! Yes lots and lots of shedding. A month in half of shedding sacrifice.Very awfull I was scared as hell ! Thanx to rogaine I gotta girlfriend she loves my hair! Im 34 yrs old.