My Mental State Is Deteriorating And I’m Desperately Trying To Escape

EddieNeedsHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been losing my hair since I was around 16. It has been extremely hard to come to terms with being in only 21. I remember going to the dermatologist when I was 17 and complaining of my thinning hair. She almost laughed at me. It was like it was a joke to her and anyone I tried to vent to. Before I lost hair I was extremely outgoing and had all the great early experiences with girls. My hair loss I got very aggressive and by the time I graduated high school I was noticeably balding. My forehead was very high and I would receive unwanted comments and remarks about my hair loss that no 18 year old wants to hear.

I graduated high school, hopeful for a brighter future and new start. I had just started finasteride and thought it was my solution. That was completely wrong. I only had some happiness when I had regrowth from minoxidil and finasteride combined but after my initial growth, all my gains began falling out. It was horrible! I hopped off the meds when I noticed watery semen and brain fog...

A few months ago I tried using a hair system or hair piece but the anxiety of being caught or called out was unreal. It was such a hassle to style and wash and the salon I went to was overconfident and pricey as f***...

I then coped to shaving my head with clippers and have not liked the look. Only thing good about it is not having to style hair or cut it or whatever. I have a large head and I think it looks bad. Sometimes I feel like I’m too self conscious and I need to move on. But my mind has become so attuned to thinking negatively and disliking my image as a result of experiencing this so young. Is there hope for the future? Or do I just accept it and move on? Should I grow out my hair a little to cover the shape?

EddieNeedsHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
in what way did u experience brain fog? why were u scared of watery semen?
Well I can’t attribute it all to the drug, I was a weed smoker which probably caused it. I was on finasteride for 2 years and it DEFINITELY caused changes in my body. Lighter skin shade, less oily skin, blurry vision, libido problems, ED at times. I lived with those for awhile until I said f*** it and got off that. I’d rather have my manhood then hold onto a shitty amount of hair. My libido and dick work fine now.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If finasteride gave you side-effects severe enough that you had to stop taking it, you're very unlucky unfortunately. Finasteride (and its stronger alternative dutasteride) is the only thing currently available that is proven to work well. You could look into some experimental treatments like RU58841 or Breezula (also known as CB-03-01). This is probably your best bet if you can't take finasteride.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a high forehead and big head too. The shaved look works great for some men bit for us it doesn't.

I'm just praying finasteride helps me.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you get it?
I get a prescription from my GP.
Ok, I am 53 its a bit easier. Am living in Slovakia at the moment. But there are no issues getting it in Austria and Germany.
I heard that you get it in Spain and Greece without prescription. But this needs to be confirmed.
In South Korea its used officially for hair loss.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get a prescription from my GP.
Ok, I am 53 its a bit easier. Am living in Slovakia at the moment. But there are no issues getting it in Austria and Germany.
I heard that you get it in Spain and Greece without prescription. But this needs to be confirmed.
In South Korea its used officially for hair loss.

Thanks. I live in the USA though.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It never gets any easier to lose your hair.

It does.. Most women in their 40's don't care about a balding/bald guy since almost most men are. It is natural to lose some or most of you hair in your late 40's, it isn't natural in your 20's.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does.. Most women in their 40's don't care about a balding/bald guy since almost most men are. It is natural to lose some or most of you hair in your late 40's, it isn't natural in your 20's.

Who said anything about women in their 40's???
I'm 43 and I still catch the eye of girls in their mid to late 20's.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who said anything about women in their 40's???
I'm 43 and I still catch the eye of girls in their mid to late 20's.

That means that hairloss won't affect your chances with women as much. And since most men are balding or bald at your age, no one would think different of you.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That means that hairloss won't affect your chances with women as much. And since most men are balding or bald at your age, no one would think different of you.

I have a good cover up game. But it kills my confidence. Shitty, one dimensional boring hairstyle. I never approach the younger ladies. But when they approach me, it's always a nice treat and a bit of an ego boost. But i'm always wondering about my hair at the moment.