My life with hair loss (need 7 words)

normal-guy21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I'm sorry guys I just feel like I gotta vent.

Ever since I noticed I've been thinning I have been EXTREMELY depressed, my life f*****g sucks, I'm 25 y/o/ I have no job not many friends basically no life apart from just rotting away in my room day after day , I've been worrying about hair loss since I was like 18 and I hate it, I have to see my brother who has the thickest hair anyone has ever seen every day, my grandfather who is in his 80s with a zero hair loss. I just wanna feel normal I can't stand it much longer.

idk, if anyone has any advice or anything to help I'd be more than happy to hear it I'm just so very depressed
so thanks

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start treatment with finasteride. I am not a doctor you should ask them. The odds favor you that it will stop hair loss.

normal-guy21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I started like a month ago and added stuff like keto and castor oil and starting RU also maybe

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I started like a month ago and added stuff like keto and castor oil and starting RU also maybe
Not sure where you are with the extent of hair loss but if you just have some thinning then finasteride might be sufficient. I don't know if you want to gamble on taking a drug that isn't fda approved and is only sold for "experimental purposes"

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a Norwood 2 or 3 as a senior in high school. When I was in college, I was a Norwood 3. At 44, I got an hair transplant. Though I remained a Norwood 3 until then, I did nothing to treat my hair loss. My hairloss was slow. Though I was always able to hide my hairloss well, even getting compliments on my hair, but it totally affected my life.

You're 25. You have the benefit of having much more information than I did when I was your age. You also have the benefit of modern surgical treatments. Starting Finasteride was good start. Stay on it unless you have sides that won't go away. I had some brain fog after I started. That went away. Even if you see no regrowth, stay on it as long as you don't have side effects. What you should look for is if you see hairloss gradually decreasing as you are shampooing your hair until it might reach a point where it stops falling out. It takes time and everyone is on a different time scale with medical treatments. Add minoxidil after 6 months. Reason being if you start both Finasteride and Minoxidil at the same time, you might not know which one is working for you. With insurance, Finasteride is $10/month (or less). Minoxidil is $15/month. Even without a job, you should be able to afford that.

Now that you've started medical treatment, get a job. Why? You are going to need to save up to get a hair transplant. Get any job. What you need is income, not to be picky. Once you have that income coming in, look towards getting a better job. Income first, then be picky. One of the things that kept me from getting a hair transplant was the fear of having a really bad one. These days, with proper surgeon selection, that is no longer a valid fear. The 2nd thing was money. I paid 20k for my transplant. But after getting my transplant, I found I could have gotten much much better results for about a 1/4th of that cost. And no, you don't have to go to Turkey to get such prices and quality work.

Whatever rut you are in is a result of a decision you made somewhere along the line. Once you made that decision, it made it that much easier to make the same or similar negative decision which has lead you to where you are now. But it works the other way around too. When that moment comes up again forcing you to choose whether you should wallow in your bedroom doing the same thing you did yesterday, again. Instead of wallowing go the other way. Get out of your bedroom, do something productive that will take you to where you want to be. Maybe focus on getting a job. Doesn't matter the job. Matters that you have income. One step at a time. No one gets there in a day. Then each new day, continue to go that other way; down that positive direction. Build on the day before with more positive action today, then tomorrow. Then when tomorrow becomes today, repeat. Each day then becomes easier. But if you are met with more hard work, keep at it. Before you know it, you'll have saved enough to get your hair transplant. It will change your life. That is how goals set are achieved.