my last post: bald is beatiful

canigia

Reaction score
I've been a member of the forum the last two years. I did not post much because I am more of an observer (plus English is not my native language). While I truly respect this forum and I always think that it really helped me dealing with my hairloss problem over the years I can't look the other way and neglect the fact that it has never made a serious effort in promoting the notion that bald is beautiful, bald is sexy and 'be bald and be proud about it'. I believe that is the key to ease the hairloss suffering. I can briefly present some facts. Surveys have proven (and contine to do so) that women think bald- balding men as 'charming', 'handsome', and 'distinguished'. Women get turned on by it because it is a phallic symbol, it represents masculinity. Not to mention the fact that bald men have the reputation of 'sex machines' (even if some are not- they still get the fame). When I was in university (two years ago) shaved balding men picked the most beatiful girls- always. If you want to go further actors like Yul Brynner, Sean Connery and now Vin Diesel are considered ultimate sex symbols- ask any woman you know, young or old. I read the post of this guy -baldguy28- where he mentions that he can't get women because he is bald and short. All I can say is that being bald or short is definetely not the cause of his situation. Maybe if he was bald and proud things would be better for him. Maybe if he had the confidence of a proud man he would score tons. So guys a last advice from me because I shaved my head, I saw light and I am getting out of forums for a while is shave it off, quit the medicine, be clean and healthy, eat and dress well, stop looking at mirrors, have confidence, be proud of what you are, respect women because they are more desperate than we are and finally go out there and live your life free from this problem and without covering anything up.

With respect to hairlosstalk forum

Thanks for all the information and knowledge

p.s The most desirable female of the last decades dates bald guys. That's right, Pamela

VeryUpset

Reaction score
This man speaks the truth. If only I were this brave...but I'm slowly getting there!

Good on ya!

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
I know you mean well, but psycology plays a big role here. Everyman feels and the perception is, that having a full head of hair, does way more for ones looks and feel more attractive than thinning/balding head. A full head of hair can make an average looking man feel quite good looking, on the flipside, a receding hairline/balkdness can make a good looking man feel average looking.

imissmyhair

Reaction score
Psychologists have found your view of baldness is influenced by your own personal experience of people who are bald. As you get older so your friends and acquaintances age with you, which means that older people, tend to know more bald people. This may explain why in comparison with younger women, older women view baldness as a positive sign, suggesting maturity, knowledgeability and intelligence.

Psychologists have also found that older women perceive younger balding men as more intelligent, successful and likable than nonbalding younger men.

To older women it may be young nonbalding men look even younger and perhaps too young in experience and maturity to be personally appealing to more mature women. On the other hand the fact that hair loss added 5 years to the perceived age of young balding men may add enough perceived maturity for older women to consider them therefore worth knowing.

It seems to an older women a younger balding man appears less 'wet behind the ears' and therefore more attractive than a younger nonbalding man. The implication if you are a balding younger man is clear; you are likely to be found more attractive than nonbalding men of your age by slightly older women, so if you are after a date, these are the women to target.