My Last Hope At Keeping My Hair (starting Dutasteride)

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update 4

So its been 2 months now. Have noticed scalp itch on and off recently. Very similar to the scalp itch I had on finasteride, so this must mean the minoxidil wasn't causing the scalp itch. Still seems less severe than before and no noticeable redness. Not really shedding hairs, but definitely no regrowth. Hair looks fairly similar to when I started, possibly a little worse. Not super hopeful tbh, but not willing to up my dosage, so this is really my last ditch effort. I am really not hopeful that I will get any regrowth, and at this point I am just hoping this holds off further hair loss long enough until a new treatment comes around.

Side effect wise: Nothing

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey bro, im almost 3 month, my hairs are more thicker and healthy even if i lower and quit minoxidil for several days, thats quite incredible. However i see faster results because i made a loading dose when i started. My side effects are the semen is more liquid and estradiol testo are high from bloodtest

This drug is pretty strong, if your male pattern baldness is not agressive you will see a good regrowth

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck to you man.
I am still scared of taking it because of the gyno.
Thanks man. I feel ya, if I got gyno on it I would probably quit immediately. I care about my physical appearance of my body too much. I am very into weight lifting/bodybuilding and gyno would be a huge hit.

Hey bro, im almost 3 month, my hairs are more thicker and healthy even if i lower and quit minoxidil for several days, thats quite incredible. However i see faster results because i made a loading dose when i started. My side effects are the semen is more liquid and estradiol testo are high from bloodtest

This drug is pretty strong, if your male pattern baldness is not agressive you will see a good regrowth
Damn thats awersome! Congrats man! I am hoping I get some good regrowth, doubt it though. My sexual response on the drug has been kind of unusual, sex drive actually increased and semen volume is greater/thicker.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes the same for me , my sex drive increase. I think the more testo could be an issue.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@arnoldd ; hey man, i read you did a steroid cycle in the past ; dutasteride raise test and oestradiol less than a common test cycle ? there are less risk of gyno with duta and fina than a steroid cycle ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@arnoldd ; hey man, i read you did a steroid cycle in the past ; dutasteride raise test and oestradiol less than a common test cycle ? there are less risk of gyno with duta and fina than a steroid cycle ?

yes man , duta raise testo only 20%, a common test cycle is 500mg every week. in my opinion the gyno it's genetics, if you are sensitive even a small increase of estrogens can give you gyno. i did 400mg test in the past and now with duta my estradiol is high 37 but i havent any problem. only a mild bloated face

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok man , because me when i am off propecia my oestradiol are below 20 ng/ml; range 20-47.
And when i am on propecia i am at 34 ng/ml .

one time i was at 64 for a few days !

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so during a common test cycle , your oestradiol are above the normal limit ?
but you're dhT IS not inhibited so it can counteract .

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ok so during a common test cycle , your oestradiol are above the normal limit ?
but you're dhT IS not inhibited so it can counteract .

yes when you are ON cycle the estrogens arent a problem because you have a lot of testo and dht. however some guys very predisposed to gyno take tamoxifene. the problem is when you finish your cycle, because your testo is low and the estrogens are still high. thats why post cycle people take anti estrogens arimidex clomid... ecc

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
34 seems normal but when you was 64 there is something else raising your estrogens, your thyroid is ok ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was at 64 last after 6 month 1 mg of propecia . i freaked out when i saw this value .
at 1 year of 1 mg i was at 27 .

then i took a bllod test after 6 month of 5 mg per day finasteride ( 1 proscar ), and i was at 34.

i think i developped a small lump when my oestro was at 64 . thedoc told me it was a normal hormonal fluctuation and it was maybe like this for a couple of days

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry @dralex ! I'm also on duta... Been on fina for almost 10 months but just got thinner... If duta doesn't work I'ma do something stupid like adding oral spironolactone or something!

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
what was the side?
Dick wasn’t working. Sex drive was sh*t. Was weird cuz initially they spiked a shitton on duta. Took it for 2.5-3 months. Around 2 months in started declining pretty fast. I can f*** all I want on finasteride. Couldn’t get it up all the way on dutas. Took like 2-3 months to fully recover from it cuz the half life is so long. I honestly think it caused more hair loss tho too. I did quit AR inhibitors completely for a month (after a month got back on finasteride) after quitting duta but taking duta for 3 months should have my dht lower than just finasteride daily, even a month later cuz of the long half life. I never had hair loss in my nape area. The back of my head (especially nape area) thinned out a shitload. If you actually aren’t responding well to finasteride (still losing a lot of hair) there’s a good bet duta isn’t going to help you. All these people who say duta works for everyone is bullshit. I don’t think my hair loss is caused by dht, I think it’s caused by testosterone and there is no way I’m willing to lower that, even for hair.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm just 9 days in Duta but I'm checking signs for accelerated hair loss... If it does happen I'm getting rid of everything except minoxidil... or add spironolactone ...
Who knows how desperate I'll be next month...

I'm trying really hard to get to the 1 year mark but i doubt that in 2.5 months it'll get better... I really regret going down this route because I've never shed in my life .. Then I start fina and minoxidil.. and bam!! Anyway, I'll give Duta some more time to work and see what happens... Even if I trigger/have triggered some weird Telogen Effluvium messing with my hormones some of the hair will grow back once I stop everything... I hope....:(

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm just 9 days in Duta but I'm checking signs for accelerated hair loss... If it does happen I'm getting rid of everything except minoxidil... or add spironolactone ...
Who knows how desperate I'll be next month...

I'm trying really hard to get to the 1 year mark but i doubt that in 2.5 months it'll get better... I really regret going down this route because I've never shed in my life .. Then I start fina and minoxidil.. and bam!! Anyway, I'll give Duta some more time to work and see what happens... Even if I trigger/have triggered some weird Telogen Effluvium messing with my hormones some of the hair will grow back once I stop everything... I hope....:(

I was thinking about starting oral spironolactone+duta tommorow.....I jave prescriptions for both