My Kind of Woman

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Now this is my kind of woman. (She comes from Canada.)

Received from my wife, who is more right wing than I am, if that's possible!?

This was written by a Canadian woman, but oh how it also applies to the U.S. , U.K. and Australia

THIS ONE PACKS A FIRM PUNCH

Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , to her local newspaper. This is one Ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and
Have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the nation's capitol, and in a
Field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning Or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in A brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for Incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by Beheading in Afghanistan .

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off
Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in Mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide
Bombs.

I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the Ground, or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to Move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank .

I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your
heart of hearts:

I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and Other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it,

I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
Behaviour!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you
choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed By radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in The world. But, the Soldiers don't have that problem.'

I have another quote that I would like to add, AND........I hope you forward all this.

One last thought for the day:

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The Canadian Soldier.

3. The British Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

:bravo: Go get em' Canadians!!

My wife and her girlfriends forbid me to even mention the name Obama. I'm finding alot of middle aged caucasian women really don't like our President. Kind of surprising. (One of the women calls him the anti-christ and her face gets all distorted and angry when she says that for pete's sake.)

I don't dislike Obama, just think he is a little naive when it comes to finances, too much government control and foreign threats. But I'll give him a chance. These women have already made up their minds.

Oh, and I know better than to even mention Pelosi's name in that crowd. They think, (correctly), that Pelosi is dumber than a slice of bread.

Man, the 2010 elections will be interesting. I'll just sit back and watch. I don't like politicians as a whole. They are very disappointing to me no matter what party they come from nowadays IMHO.

McCain, Obama, Biden, Palin......etc., etc., etc.......etc. :thumbdown2:

(I've won my lifelong 2nd Amendment battle. Now, I'll just sit back and watch the political lunacy. It's nice to have won the most important issue to me. :) )

ali777

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in A brutal insurgency.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

You can't fight anarchy with anarchy. The moment you start fighting anarchy with a similar form of inhumane anarchy, then you become one of them, ie terrorist.

Respect for human rights, respect for the law, democracy, etc is what sets us apart from the terrorists. We have to keep it that way.

Old Baldy said:
Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The Canadian Soldier.

3. The British Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

Also, the forum rules do not allow us to discuss religion. Despite having no tangible proof, you believe "One" died for your soul, but more than 4 billion people disagree with you.

The other four are the ones that helped train the current enemy to fight for your freedom in the 80s, go figure!!! It's a strange world.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
God, I'd love to have you at the table talking to those women Ali. It would make for great entertainment.

Like I said, all that matters to me is the 2nd Amendment. You political, philosophical types can fight it out. But please allow me to buy front row seats!!

Oh, I might thrown in a line or two to keep the pot stirred up though!! :)

For example, I might say: "I live by the eye for an eye philosophy. So, if you cut someone's head off, expect to have your head cut off". (That would be a good one to stir up the pot wouldn't it?)

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one Old Baldy.

We aren't fighting soldiers of war, we are fighting terrorists. If a terrorist has to be tortured to gain information that results in my family being able to use the London Underground safely, then so be it.

ali777

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
God, I'd love to have you at the table talking to those women Ali. It would make for great entertainment.

Like I said, all that matters to me is the 2nd Amendment. You political, philosophical types can fight out. But please allow me to buy front row seats!!

I'm not a "political" type. I just happen to value my freedoms and human rights. I see any form of political oppression or religion as a threat to basic human rights.

Taliban are the worst form of oppression possible. Little girls are imprisoned at home in the name of religion, teachers are shot for teaching kids how to think freely, etc. I support the fight against Taliban, but fighting wars isn't just about using power. It's a delicate process that requires earning the trust of a broken nation by showing them what humanity is about, and potentially getting most of them on your side. If you go in with full power, the ones that were likely to get on your side, will not trust you.

Imagine a remote village... The Taliban comes and threatens them, and the villagers have no option but to go with the Taliban. Then the "freedom fighters" come along and ask a few questions. The locals know that helping the west would get them into trouble, so they stay quiet. Now, you can either work to get those people on your side, or use enhanced information gathering techniques and create more enemies.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
optimus prime said:

We aren't fighting soldiers of war, we are fighting terrorists. If a terrorist has to be tortured to gain information that results in my family being able to use the London Underground safely, then so be it.

:agree:

Old Baldy

Reaction score
ali777 said:
Old Baldy said:

Like I said, all that matters to me is the 2nd Amendment. You political, philosophical types can fight out. But please allow me to buy front row seats!!

I'm not a "political" type. I just happen to value my freedoms and human rights. I see any form of political oppression or religion as a threat to basic human rights.

Taliban are the worst form of oppression possible. Little girls are imprisoned at home in the name of religion, teachers are shot for teaching kids how to think freely, etc. I support the fight against Taliban, but fighting wars isn't just about using power. It's a delicate process that requires earning the trust of a broken nation by showing them what humanity is about, and potentially getting most of them on your side. If you go in with full power, the ones that were likely to get on your side, will not trust you.

Imagine a remote village... The Taliban comes and threatens them, and the villagers have no option but to go with the Taliban. Then the "freedom fighters" come along and ask a few questions. The locals know that helping the west would get them into trouble, so they stay quiet. Now, you can either work to get those people on your side, or use enhanced information gathering techniques and create more enemies.

I think the woman from Canada was talking about actual Taliban members not ordinary Muslim citizens.

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:

You don't have to worry about it, you already do it... UK keeps its hands clean, typical British PC stuff, but the intelligence services are known to use "torture by proxy".

UK could never be directly involved in torture. Britain is seen as one of the most liberal countries in the world, and that image attracts lots of business. London is practically the finance capital of Europe. Can you imagine what would happen if some countries start pulling their money out of the British banks, or they kick BP out?

The British economy is based on service exports, and keeping a clean image is very important. There are more Brits working around the world, than there are foreigners working in the UK. You wouldn't want the world to turn against those Brits, would you? That's why UK would never be involved in torture.

ali777

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
ali777 said:
[quote="Old Baldy":3nl6euis]God, I'd love to have you at the table talking to those women Ali. It would make for great entertainment.

I think the woman from Canada was talking about actual Taliban members not ordinary Muslim citizens.[/quote:3nl6euis]

The village example.... An ordinary family is forced to help the Taliban, and are therefore labelled as Taliban by the freedom fighters...

The Taliban were/are practically the government over there, ie everyone is in it. So in effect, when you say you fight the Taliban, you are fighting the whole country. Where do you draw the line between innocent and guilty? You have to earn the trust of the people...

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Ali wrote: The village example.... An ordinary family is forced to help the Taliban, and are therefore labelled as Taliban by the freedom fighters...

The Taliban were/are practically the government over there, ie everyone is in it. So in effect, when you say you fight the Taliban, you are fighting the whole country. Where do you draw the line between innocent and guilty? You have to earn the trust of the people...

Getting a little too convoluted for me to follow Ali. Sorry, I'm just an ordinary Joe. :(

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
If we kill and torture them back we're just as bad as they are. HAAAAAHAHAHAA! Then so be it! The difference is this. We don't do it as a core belief and therefore we stop when the threat ceases. They do not need an actual threat. It is their fundamental way of life that drives them to commit these atrocities. They will be treated like humans when they begin to act like humans, before that all bets are off.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont see the big issue here, IMO torturing a few suspect terrorists pales into significance besides invading a country and starting a war that kills 100,000's of innocent civilians in order to get your hands on that countries natural resources.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
If we kill and torture them back we're just as bad as they are. HAAAAAHAHAHAA! Then so be it! The difference is this. We don't do it as a core belief and therefore we stop when the threat ceases. They do not need an actual threat. It is their fundamental way of life that drives them to commit these atrocities. They will be treated like humans when they begin to act like humans, before that all bets are off.

Once you do it, it's done. Who's to say when the threat ceases? America is/was in a "War on Terror". Terrorism is a tactic that HAS BEEN AROUND FOR CENTURIES AND WILL NEVER GO AWAY. You can never win a war against a tactic. Even if we "defeat" al-Qaeda, ETA will still exist, the Tamil Tigers will still exist Hezbollah will still exist, etc. I can see some right wing American politician arguing that we need to torture people because ETA is a threat. It's not likely but I wouldn't be surprised. We've heard nuttier stuff than that here.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Ali wrote: The village example.... An ordinary family is forced to help the Taliban, and are therefore labelled as Taliban by the freedom fighters...

Getting a little too convoluted for me to follow Ali. Sorry, I'm just an ordinary Joe. :(

I know what he means, Baldy.
He's saying that it becomes difficult to separate the actual insurgents from ordinary people helping them out of fear, or by force.
I think he's right. The way to defeat an insurgency like the Taliban is now is to give people 1) safety, and 2) a better alternative. Body counts do NOT work, as we learned in Vietnam.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I dont see the big issue here, IMO torturing a few suspect terrorists pales into significance besides invading a country and starting a war that kills 100,000's of innocent civilians in order to get your hands on that countries natural resources.

Is that a reference to Iraq? Your premise is laughably FALSE, because we haven't "gotten our hands on that country's natural resources".

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
s.a.f said:

Is that a reference to Iraq? Your premise is laughably FALSE, because we haven't "gotten our hands on that country's natural resources".

Sure we have. Well, some of us have. Remember when Hunt Oil in Texas was making oil deals with the Kurds in direct conflict with stated American foreign policy goals?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bryan said:
s.a.f said:

Well if we have'nt then that was certainly the objective you cant tell me that if there was no oil in Iraq we would have still invaded.
I dont see us invading Zimbabwe or Darfur to make 'regime changes'.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Well if we have'nt then that was certainly the objective...

Oh, I see: you know what our TRUE objective was, even though we haven't taken a drop of oil from the Iraqis! :smack:

s.a.f said:
you cant tell me that if there was no oil in Iraq we would have still invaded. I dont see us invading Zimbabwe or Darfur to make 'regime changes'.

No, but then our resources aren't unlimited. And Zimbabwe and Darfur don't have imminent threats of WMDs, either. Iraq is obviously of higher strategic importance to us.