My Journey - Thinking Of Quitting Minoxidil Due To The Itch

metalmikey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, I am a 30 year old long haired guy, almost to my waist. In the last few years I have noticed my hair overall thinning, especially at the front. I began tying it back mainly as the front became so thin.

I looked into various things and started my journey to regain thicker hair at the start of this year. I have been taking Biotin 10,000 mg daily from the start of the year.

By May I bit the bullet and purchased 6 months worth of Kirkland liquid 5% Minoxidil. Applying 2ml a day and some to a patch in my beard (which has worked). I have been on minoxidil for around 3 months, and have seen no improvement with my hair, probably the opposite. Initially I had no side effects, but this last month, the itching has been so bad. Ive had to wash my hair daily just for a few hours relief of itching.

I added Nizoral into my regime this last month but it has not helped with the itching, flakes and dandruff.

Prior to my journey I never had any scalp issues, itching or dryness. I am debating quitting as I feel I am just scratching my hair out with this unbearable itch.

I could move to the foam version, but will the foam version still dry out m scalp and cause it to itch as much?

FrankieNYC

Reaction score
The foam minoxidil will give you less of an itch. The nizoral could also be causing the itch. I had to stop nizoral bec of the severe itch it used to give me. It your itch still doesn’t subside then just use foam once a day instead of 2x