My Journey: 1350 Grafts Fue And The Big 3

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm 26 years old male
I had thick and Dense hair 6 years back then i had severe hair fall in 2011, but i didn't take it seriously.
6 months later i felt that i can see my scalp through wet hairs but they still look good while dry.
So i started using some natural stuff like onion juice,Biotin,some oils etc.
I was never consistent but i got some improvement in thickness(may be psychological),then i reduced these things gradually cause of laziness, and shifted my focus on other things.
Then in Mid 2013,i was swimming with friends and they told me that i'm thinning and receding...man! that was heartbreaking.I spent whole day checking my hairs with different angles.I met a trichologist and he told me that i have male pattern baldness then he asked me if i want to treat with medicines and i told him that i have to consult with my parents.
Later at home i checked those medicines and found that i'll have to use them lifelong.So i dropped the idea of the treatment and thought to try natural ways.
In 2014 after some other tests my physician told me that i have HYPOTHYROIDISM.
I quit smoking and drinking and started massaging my head sometimes while using some supplements for hairs.
But after 1 year i found that i can not go in public without using a cap or using toppik.Then i started reading about big 3.Finasteride was the one which scared the sh*t out of me(thanks to propeciahelp.com).
So i spent one more year in depression but later in 2015 i thought to get a hair transplant(or two).
But when i met my hair transplant Surgeon first time, he told me that i don't need a transplant yet and i should try Big 3 first.But after insisting a lot he agreed to do it but he asked that he will not operate without the follow up medications(Big 3).Then i asked him about Finasteride's side effects and he cleared up lots of doubts.Then i started talking about finasteride with my friends,other users on Forums and patients from his clinic.I read lots of success stories and finally made my mind for hair transplant and the Big 3.
So here i'm on 23 april 2016 before hair transplant

y3ilQJf.jpg

hp2ToYl.jpg

7Zd4NcG.jpg

After hair transplant FUE 1375 Grafts
6zchUlc.jpg

vZ4srSE.jpg

After 10 Days

akozYvy.jpg

Mbl0qRS.jpg

After 20 Days
apIIrBV.jpg

After 30 days(Started Big 3 on 25 may 2016)

FnbF5t8.jpg

xriKcpH.jpg

After 3 months

cWGe9IZ.jpg

OQ6h6k4.jpg

sNCuE3G.jpg

hi17OAu.jpg

My regime -
BIG 3 -
1) finasteride 1mg 4x a week( I have checked my testosterone last month for future reference- 534 ng/dl)
2) Minoxidil 5% Foam Once a day
3) Keto Shampoo 3x a week

OTHER -
4) Multi vitamin 1 tab daily
5) Biotin 10 mg 1 tab daily
6) calcium 1 tab daily
7) Iron and vitamin E 2x weekly
8) Cod liver oil 2 gram Daily
9) ZMA before bed daily
10) Synthroid(for hypothyroidism)

I'll keep updating this.
take care
thanks

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 Months 8 Days update
z0fkZVW.jpg

Notes -
-1 mg finasteride daily from 25/Aug/2016(Before It was 1 mg EOD)
-Started Intense scalp massage 10 Mins 2X a Day From 15/Aug/2016
-Cod liver Oil 3.1 gm Instead of 2 gm From 15/Aug/2016
-Biotin 5000 mcg 2x a day 20 min before Scalp massage From 15/Aug/2016 Instead of Biotin 10000 mcg Once a day.

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months 9 days of hair transplant(24/04/2016),3 Months 8 days of Big 3(From 25/05/2016)
Before/After
jhIyiGZ.jpg

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
@winnyblues You might want to see someone with similar asian hair.

OP I was a bit sceptical when I saw the first few pictures. I thought the grafts were spaced wide apart and you actually needed a much larger session. But I guess the surgeon planned all this? Do you have limited donor capacity it seems or thinning on the back and sides? Will you do the mid scalp and crown one day?

In the end I think it will be a big improvement and a good idea to go through with it once you grow it out more.
Yup,I wanted to save grafts for 2 sessions(2.5 k each FUT in following years) for mid scalp density.this hair transplant was done for lil hairline density.I have decent doner hairs but i had severe shockloss all over head,thats why sides r looking thin.But now they start looking thick.
So for now,I'll wait 8-9 months more to see big 3 results then plan accordingly.

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline first,cause i occasionally use toppik to cover mid scalp but it was always hard for hairline ;)

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have shock loss in areas where there was no implantation or extraction? It seems like it looking at your sides. I had this happen to me to a smaller extent. I am 6 weeks post hair transplant and I had shock loss in my crown for sure but it's coming back.
Yes,i had shockloss in mid scalp,doner area,recipient area and sides.Even,after 4-5 days i had little eyebrow fall too(that was most scary though)