My idiot Girlfriend Pulled OUT My Transplanted Hairs

omarshari

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to ask you quite an urgent question...

My girlfriend and I were dining when she decided to pull out three or four surgically transplanted hairs on my hairline because it was "out of place".

She does not know that I had a hairtransplant so I just sat there grumpy. Anyway, I'm worried she completely messed up my transplanted hairline now... Given that it has been about 5 months since my transplant, I AM WONDERING IF THESE HAIRS WILL GROW BACK..??????

I know it sounds a bit stupid to worry about three or four hairs, but at the moment, it looks like there's a hole in my hairline..

G

question: Why the hell wouldn't you tell your girlfriend that you had a transplant? This whole thing could have been avoided.

omarshari

Reaction score
To answer your question, yeah I guess I should have but I didn't...

I'm panicing a bit so I would really like for someone to answer my question....

I do know some ppl need to get laser hair removal or electrolysis to remove hair transplants so I suppose just merely having it yanked out would not mean I have lost it for good..???

G

omar,

here's an idea. call the office of the surgeon who did your transplant and ask him what he thinks.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
omarshari said:
Hey guys, I need to ask you quite an urgent question...

My girlfriend and I were dining when she decided to pull out three or four surgically transplanted hairs on my hairline because it was "out of place".

She does not know that I had a hairtransplant so I just sat there grumpy. Anyway, I'm worried she completely messed up my transplanted hairline now... Given that it has been about 5 months since my transplant, I AM WONDERING IF THESE HAIRS WILL GROW BACK..??????

I know it sounds a bit stupid to worry about three or four hairs, but at the moment, it looks like there's a hole in my hairline..

OMG lol. 9 dollars x four hairs, she just pulled 36 dollars off your head.

p.s. I doubt this story is real. After she pulled the first hair out, you just sat there grumpy? Why not stop her? lol

p.s. This just goes to show you that humans can't re-create nature. You had a transplant done, your g/f immediatly notices something out of place with the hairs on your hairline, and she didn't even know you had an hair transplant....

omarshari

Reaction score
First off, the story is real and it did actually happen to me.. She pull out 3 at once...

I asked my Doctor about it.. He says once a graft is lodged, it acts like the rest of the hairs on the scalp.. So theoretically, as most hairs grow back when pulled out, it should grow back.. But I don't know if he was too confident in his answer..

Nobody seems to be giving me any proper answer.. Could you just post if you have some sort of answer for me..

powersam

Reaction score
well you've seen what a transplanted follicle looks like right? that lump of flesh etc... if that didnt come out then the hair follicle should be fine.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why the hell is she touching your head anyway?

hair transplant hairs let alone resident hairs should not fall out unless they are vigorously pulled with a force of 8KG or more. I ask again why did she do that? :freaked2:

As for telling the surgeon.....yeah :x : how ackward is that going to be? :oops:

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is a funny story Omar, fingers crossed that they grow back.

omarshari

Reaction score
To answer your question LG, I suppose she saw my transplanted hairs growing rather curly (I have straight hair) as is common with hair transplant regrowth during the early stages... And it didn't match with the rest of my hair which irritated her, so she pulled them out..

The short answer is in my heading of this post..

PS I did not see whether the fleshy patch was at the tip of the hairs but I doubt it... The hairs were at 5 months post-op so i don't think she could have completely pulled out my entire graft..

I was browsing other websites for answers when I found this:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/08/31/h ... hair-loss/

This gives me minimal comfort but I still don't know..

s.a.f

Reaction score
5 months post op? You will be fine :lol: If the graft (follicle) had come out there would have been bleeding and a hole.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
omarshari said:
To answer your question LG, I suppose she saw my transplanted hairs growing rather curly (I have straight hair) as is common with hair transplant regrowth during the early stages... And it didn't match with the rest of my hair which irritated her, so she pulled them out..

The short answer is in my heading of this post..

PS I did not see whether the fleshy patch was at the tip of the hairs but I doubt it... The hairs were at 5 months post-op so i don't think she could have completely pulled out my entire graft..

I was browsing other websites for answers when I found this:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/08/31/h ... hair-loss/

This gives me minimal comfort but I still don't know..

It irritated her so she pulled them out.....LMAO!

Dude when you dont give her good lovin does she grab your wanker b/c it irritated her? :freaked2:
She obviously wears the pants in that relationship. :shock:

johnyd473

Reaction score
Dude when you dont give her good lovin does she grab your wanker b/c it irritated her?

LMFAO so funny!! :lol: :lol:

Seriuosly omarshari, You should be just fine at 5 months. I mean they should simply grow back in a smidge. :D

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JohnnyD is here!!!!

Get some of the good ol boys from that other forum to post here!

Thanks!

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont worry Omar at 5 months it's impossible to pull the follicle out, so those hairs will grow back.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Global,

I see you are using Hydrocortisone EOD. Do you have any reservations despite the fact that it may retard growth?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
HAHA. this is hilarious. Who just sits there and lets their girlfreind pull their hairs out, especially transplanted hairs. I'd been like GET BACK b**ch!!