My husband is embarrassed by his hairloss!

baba manya

Reaction score
My husband is wearing a hairpiece. He had been wearing it before we met and never told me about it. He told me about it a year after we had met. I thought it was suspicious because he never let me touched his hair. He finally told me, but it did not push me away from him. I still love him like I used to. I want him to feel comfortable with me about it. I know that he is very sensitive about it and I am even scared to talk to him about it. He never says anything to me about his wearing a hairpiece any more and I do not know how to bring up this topic. I really do not want him to be embarrassed of his boldness around me. I want him to feel comfortable at least with me!

Brain123

Reaction score
Baba,

First off, its a good thing you do not reject him for wearing a hairpiece because he did not choose to be balding, he just got a little unlucky there and not many woman respect that. Also its normal men who wear hair to not be very open about this and are ashamed if one find out. But I think it'll need time, dont try to push him to talk about this, the best thing u can do I think is show him you really love him by beeing sweet to him and as time goes by, just make little remarks which fit the situation about him beeing handsome wearing hair and it'll make him feel good & that'll do more to him then you realise. I wouldnt espect him to be very open about his hairpiece, he'll always probally be a bit sensitive about this when it gets mentioned, its very normal. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Best wishes,
Brain.

baba manya

Reaction score
Thank you, Brian. I really appreciate your response and I do agree with everything you said. Once we watched a show about men using different ways to stop their hairloss and my husband got so enthusiastic when telling me what causes hairloss and how men feel when they lose their hair. I tried to keep the conversation as well as I could thinking that he might start talking about his, but no. I do try to make him feel comfortable, but maybe what I am doing is not enough. I know I should not be asking you this question. Do you guys have anyone who you can talk to about your hairloss and feel okay doing that?

Brain123

Reaction score
Baba Manya,

its really different from person to person... Some really dont mind talking about it and make often lots of jokes about it them theirselves but some like me rather keep it to ourselves and let as less people know about it... Even their closed family & friends, its pretty normal. I myself only talk about it to one person but I try to do it very rarely so thats probally what your man wants aswell, even thought it would be better to be open about it but thats growing with me but very slowly. Your man has carried this problem himself so long and thats why he just cant be open about it, it probally will take time but him talking about Hairloss in general is already a big step :wink:.. I'm sure hes comfortble about his hairloss with you but not fully and that will grow withiin time if you ask me... Only tip I can give u is give him about hes hair as many compliments as possible (not overdue it) to make him feel good about himselve with you. You'd be amazed about complex it can be for a man to talk about such a matter :D But got to respect our females for their patience but it'll only make your relation stronger, believe me... I wish you the best of luck!

Remember: Patience & giving compliments :wink:

Kind regards,
Brian