My head smells like WEED

WilliamHung

Reaction score
I bought 5% topical spironolactone from this site http://www.cemproducts.com/index2.html. And this stuff is LOUD. Everyone im around thinks im supplying the best weed in town. Its kind of funny but its not the kind of attention i need haha. Is there anything I can add to this stuff or do to stop or decrease the smell? Im only able to apply it at night and shampoo my hair every morning to stop the smell. Please help b4 i get arrested. THanks :freaked2:

Sean68

Reaction score
i dont know if the spironolactone from there is the same as dr lees but his doesnt smell at all.maybe switch to that.

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
YES! I am using Dr Lees and I noticed that smell too!, but only because its gets in my hair so much and when Im washing my hair the next day, it starts to smell like that. BTW, is the 5% spironolactone from that website liquid or lotion?

WilliamHung

Reaction score
Sean i wish i could of did that at first, but i already spent 55 on this stuff.
NYVic20 it is a liquid, just like rogaine

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
williamhung, yes thank you, i was looking for a liquid spironolactone 5% all over. I would also recommend you stick to the liquid as the lotion spironolactone is hard as hell to apply if you're a diffuse thinner like me. It'll also get all messy in your hair. :hairy:

CCS

Reaction score
maybe the people who made it believe THC grows hair, and are trying to get repeat customers by selling a product that works.

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
I got my spironolactone from dr lee and it stinks, I'm in the UK and wander if the flight over (altitude) had an affect on it.....

WilliamHung

Reaction score
This stuff came in an 8 ounce bottle that reads USP Spironolactone 5%.
Contains: poly propylene glycol, ethanol, distilled water

What kind of smell are you guys gettin with the other stuff? I tried shampooing two times and i still notice a scent.

CCS

Reaction score
I don't think poly propylene glycol is good for topicals. I'd google the MSDS, but I'm too lazy and think it is less healthy than the PG, and not as good a penetration enhancer. I guess it would be creamer, but thicker.

WilliamHung

Reaction score
college, this stuff is not thick or creamy at all. Its like some sticky water, when it dries up, it gives my hair a gel effect. Is there anything i can add to it to stop the smell or make it more effective? Ive only been using it at night for less than a week so im not expectin any results yet