My hairloss has ruined my confidence - should I get a hair system ?

Don54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’m a 20 year old guy and I’m really stressed and sad about my hair loss. Right in the middle of my hairline I have this spot where the hairs are thinned out and look horrible. It’s not even because of normal balding, the hairs there got pulled out because of an accident with a razor/hair cutting machine while shaving it. I noticed that they grey back thinner after it but though it might get normal with time but it didn’t I’ve really lost my confidence since and hate the way I look like. I just want my old hair back and looked up all kinds of things: transplant, hair loss drugs etc. and of course also found out about hair systems.

At first it fascinated me, I though that this is the best solution but the more I’ve read and researched about it the more problems about it found. I’ve read that the hair system starts to lose its color after a few weeks/months and that it looks really horrible, that the hairs look like straw/damaged. I’ve felt really disappointed reading those things because I finally though I found something that might solve my hair problem.

I just want to hear from more people that wear hair systems about those things. Are these problems really there ? Is it worth it getting one ?

I hope you guys can help me out, and sorry for the long text

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read that the hair system starts to lose its color after a few weeks/months and that it looks really horrible, that the hairs look like straw/damaged.
Yes, this is one of my concerns as well. I know there are things you can do to prolong the hair quality, but it is something I've also read about how the hair can look "straw like" and dried and lose color.
I get my first install Friday so I'll just have to experience it first hand and see if I can find solutions

Don54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, this is one of my concerns as well. I know there are things you can do to prolong the hair quality, but it is something I've also read about how the hair can look "straw like" and dried and lose color.
I get my first install Friday so I'll just have to experience it first hand and see if I can find solutions
Good luck bro!

I’m still not sure what to do yet, getting a hair system or a Hairtransplant. The great thing about the system is that you get instant results but the things I mentioned really concern me.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck bro!

I’m still not sure what to do yet, getting a hair system or a Hairtransplant. The great thing about the system is that you get instant results but the things I mentioned really concern me.

I appreciate it brother! Yea man, I totally understand what you're saying 100%.
The hair transplant is a long waiting game, and then after a year you may find that it was a failure (or maybe just not as successful as you'd hoped) and you've wasted thousands of dollars and a year.
On the other hand it could be greatly successful and completely worth the money and the wait. I've heard of and witnessed some success stories, but they all seem to be from people who spent a very large sum of money and had to do at least 3-4 surgeries.( not all but most)

With hair systems it's something you always have to maintain and continue paying for supplies and new systems, but is it worth it? LOL that's the question, and I will find the answer hopefully in the next few months...and the answer is different person to person.

Good luck with your decision man! You're young, u have lots of options:)

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair only looks straw eventually like if you don't use leave in conditioner.
And abuse the f*** out of it with heat, with blow drying,straightening it,etc.

I made that mistake on my first hair system.

Then again poor quality hair systems can start off dried out looking or go like that very quickly.

I've not had colour fading issues though.

Don54

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the other hand it could be greatly successful and completely worth the money and the wait. I've heard of and witnessed some success stories, but they all seem to be from people who spent a very large sum of money and had to do at least 3-4 surgeries.( not all but most)
In my case it’s like 2 round spots that I would like to get more density in. I’m sure one surgery would be enough but hair transplants have side effects too like shock loss which worries me a bit

Don54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair only looks straw eventually like if you don't use leave in conditioner.
And abuse the f*** out of it with heat, with blow drying,straightening it,etc.

I made that mistake on my first hair system.

Then again poor quality hair systems can start off dried out looking or go like that very quickly.

I've not had colour fading issues though.
Did you got a custom made hair system ? The hair system shops in my area make costum made ones which are of better quality and also last longer I think. But they are also more expensive.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read that the hair system starts to lose its color after a few weeks/months and that it looks really horrible, that the hairs look like straw/damaged.

This is easy solved if you buy a decent quality hair system, use a spray in leave in conditioner (with UV protection in it) every day/before you go out in the sun, and a bit of Back2Natural colour depositing shampoo every time you detach the system to restore/maintain the colour. People over-exaggerate this stuff, but once you know what you're doing it's not a problem at all.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is easy solved if you buy a decent quality hair system, use a spray in leave in conditioner (with UV protection in it) every day/before you go out in the sun, and a bit of Back2Natural colour depositing shampoo every time you detach the system to restore/maintain the colour. People over-exaggerate this stuff, but once you know what you're doing it's not a problem at all.
I'm still kind of confused about the back2natural color depositing shampoo. I looked at hair direct and was checking it out but dont know what color to get (dark ash brown etc.)

I've got a color 1B unit...do u know which color of back2natural I need?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still kind of confused about the back2natural color depositing shampoo. I looked at hair direct and was checking it out but dont know what color to get (dark ash brown etc.)

I've got a color 1B unit...do u know which color of back2natural I need?

According to the Back2Natural website, it's available in 6 shades. It looks like you'll need the darkest one they offer, i.e. Dark Natural Ash Brown.

Color Depositing Conditioners​

6 shades​

- Light Natural Ash Blonde - get's the gold out of very light blondes

- Medium Natural Ash Blonde - controls gold and unwanted orange in mid range blondes

- Dark Natural Ash Blonde - restores depth and controls warmth in darker blondes

- Light Natural Ash Brown - restores color to light brown hair, refreshes and adds depth to a natural color.

- Medium Natural Ash Brown - brings faded brown hair back to life, controls unwanted orange and red tones while giving hair a convincing natural color

- Dark Natural Ash Brown - removes red tones from dark brown and black hair and returns hair to a believable, natural tone.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to the Back2Natural website, it's available in 6 shades. It looks like you'll need the darkest one they offer, i.e. Dark Natural Ash Brown.

Color Depositing Conditioners​

6 shades​

- Light Natural Ash Blonde - get's the gold out of very light blondes

- Medium Natural Ash Blonde - controls gold and unwanted orange in mid range blondes

- Dark Natural Ash Blonde - restores depth and controls warmth in darker blondes

- Light Natural Ash Brown - restores color to light brown hair, refreshes and adds depth to a natural color.

- Medium Natural Ash Brown - brings faded brown hair back to life, controls unwanted orange and red tones while giving hair a convincing natural color

- Dark Natural Ash Brown - removes red tones from dark brown and black hair and returns hair to a believable, natural tone.
Thanks brother! Yea I was just looking on their official site earlier and I agree Dark ash brown seems like the one.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely try that stuff if it really makes a difference

fallendawn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’m a 20 year old guy and I’m really stressed and sad about my hair loss. Right in the middle of my hairline I have this spot where the hairs are thinned out and look horrible. It’s not even because of normal balding, the hairs there got pulled out because of an accident with a razor/hair cutting machine while shaving it. I noticed that they grey back thinner after it but though it might get normal with time but it didn’t I’ve really lost my confidence since and hate the way I look like. I just want my old hair back and looked up all kinds of things: transplant, hair loss drugs etc. and of course also found out about hair systems.

At first it fascinated me, I though that this is the best solution but the more I’ve read and researched about it the more problems about it found. I’ve read that the hair system starts to lose its color after a few weeks/months and that it looks really horrible, that the hairs look like straw/damaged. I’ve felt really disappointed reading those things because I finally though I found something that might solve my hair problem.

I just want to hear from more people that wear hair systems about those things. Are these problems really there ? Is it worth it getting one ?

I hope you guys can help me out, and sorry for the long text
Well I would ask if you currently use hair loss medication? If you are gonna get a transplant, you are more than likely gonna need to maintain it with medication unless you have a really slow progressing and mild case of hair loss. With that being the case you should really try out these medications and see how you react to them and decide if you are willing to be on them for life. On top of that expectations need to be in check for a transplant depending on the quality of your donor area.

Don54

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I would ask if you currently use hair loss medication? If you are gonna get a transplant, you are more than likely gonna need to maintain it with medication unless you have a really slow progressing and mild case of hair loss. With that being the case you should really try out these medications and see how you react to them and decide if you are willing to be on them for life. On top of that expectations need to be in check for a transplant depending on the quality of your donor area.
No I’m not on any medication. I have a history of depression and low libido so I’m scared of trying out Finasteride, I’m very sure I’m one of the people that will get bad side effects from it.

My donor area is fine, like I mentioned above it’s like two round spots I would like to fill in. I have actually contacted a few hair transplant clinics and there is one in Istanbul that would be ready to do it next month. They recommended 2000 grafts to get the best density on the thinned spots. I’m still not 100% sure if I should do it though

fallendawn

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I’m not on any medication. I have a history of depression and low libido so I’m scared of trying out Finasteride, I’m very sure I’m one of the people that will get bad side effects from it.

My donor area is fine, like I mentioned above it’s like two round spots I would like to fill in. I have actually contacted a few hair transplant clinics and there is one in Istanbul that would be ready to do it next month. They recommended 2000 grafts to get the best density on the thinned spots. I’m still not 100% sure if I should do it though
Fair enough man. Just the fact that you are so young being 20, it is likely your hairloss will be agressive. I am also 21 and have been on medication for 3 years, it does its job but I am now experiencing side effects so a hair system is my next option. I personally wouldn't get a hair transplant at this age unless I am certain medication would work but up to you I guess haha.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With my hair system and when I used to shave my head.
I wouldn't show the in between horse shoe side/back hair as it looks so f*****g shite.

Attachments

• C68EC76C-998B-4F62-A947-C748453C0502.jpeg
    C68EC76C-998B-4F62-A947-C748453C0502.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 196
  • D0941242-95D7-4CFB-A69E-8479D4104599.jpeg
    D0941242-95D7-4CFB-A69E-8479D4104599.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 197

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
You're very young to have a hair transplant especially if you're unwilling to try med's. Remember transplants won't stop you balding, so if you're unwilling to take med's you will probably need futher hair transplant's and at your age you don't know how many that will be and you only have a certain amount of donor.

But you said it was due to an accident with a razor/hair cutting machine. Maybe you could speak to a demotoloigist? Just to make sure what exactly has caused the hair loss before you go any further.

If I was you I wouldn't be going down the hair system route just yet.