My Hairloss Fight And Recovery [20yo]

Fekief

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
To start I would say sorry for my bad english (I'm Italian),
I turned 20 in June and my hairloss story started in december 2017 when I noticed that the density on my scalp was less than the normal and my scalp was inflamated, itchy and dry, in that period I was at my first semester at university and I had a very bad diet that included only carbs and often i toke only one meal a day, so at the end of January 2018 I had my first dermatological visit where diagnosis have been Telogen Effluvium ( I noticed in october a large amount of hair fall for about a month, I normally lose about 10 hairs a day).
Not sure at all in February i went to another dermatologist and this time the diagnosis was Androgentic Alopecia so i shaved all and started take Finasteride 1mg day and 1ml galenic minoxidil twice a day (industrial minoxidil gave me inflamation), i didn't experienced improvements so in April 2018 I did a blood test to check vitamins and hormones. A months later results showed that I had my vitamin D level at 10 ng/mL (it was for sure lower during the winter) and I also had dht and testosterone levels where higher than the max range even if i was taking finasteride from about 3 months.
I started taking Vitamin D supplements (5000 UI a week) and eating better so I start slowly to see improvements. I red a lot about vitamin d for hair growth and I was sure my improvements came from it but the dosage was too low to recover my deficiency so I start taking 2000UI a day and in a couple of weeks i had back something like the 90% of my hair, i could feel that they were thicker and a lot of new hairs were growing on my scalp.
I rechecked my vitamin d and hormones levels and while my vitamin d up to 24ng/mL, dht and testosterone
However i never quit taking finasteride and minoxidil and I also bought a 0.5mm dermaroller to regrowth my hairline that i noticed was thinning in the time between my hairfall and my vitamin d recovery.
Today I had a full hairline except for few centimeters on my right temple and i don't know what i have to think.
I always hadn't a very low hairline and i had a cowlick on both sides of it so it seems I have a uneven hairline.
I'm confident to recover all and I don't want to interrupt the big 3 (I had no sides).
I'm sorry for the length of my words and also sorry if some sentences aren't clear.

I upload some photos about when i noticed lower hair density and the recover after my vitamin d integration.
Before:
5ul08z.jpg tn_IMG_20180219_153506_zpscqvt3mlh.jpg tn_IMG_20180215_160057_zps8eiu3c46.jpg 35kq2w0.jpg
Now:
2gui4bb.jpg
Now under the direct light (my hair change completely blonde tonalities in base of light):
Foto del 21-07-18 alle 18.59 #2.jpg Foto del 21-07-18 alle 18.58 #2.jpg

vince12

Reaction score
Nice progress keep us updated !

Also if i understood u started fina at 19 right ? did u experience any side effects from it ?

Fekief

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I started fina about 6/7 months ago and no side effects.
I rechecked my dht levels and they're still a very Little out of range even if they're quite increased from April.
I'm eating healthier and still taking vitamin d supplements so i wish to decrease more dht in next period

Fekief

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I update at 8th months of finasteride plus minoxidil 5% and dermarolling several times per week.
In the entire scalp I can feel new little hairs that sting and i think they're growing like terminal hairs.
Two weeks ago I started scalp exercises, and i can feel sometimes a crunching sound from my right temple (the worst) like something that break off.
I put a pic of my left temple that is quite perfect and two pics of my right temple where there are small thin hair that I hope will become better in next months but I'm not sure, if they will, I'd recovery about 85/90% of my hairline.
I'd like to read your opinion, I will keep you updated in the next months.
42137737_641966746200714_8493668590891827200_n.jpg 42161601_2138718596343278_7378960819066765312_n.jpg 42194117_468704823630161_2042545356301926400_n.jpg

Fekief

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update at 10 months of finasteride, and about 4/5 of minoxidil and dermaroller, last week I Switched from galenic minoxidil to rogaine foam
e66cxv.jpg

Ventrucha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats Bro!
how much success would you give to dermaroll in your regrowth?

Fekief

My Regimen
Reaction score
My Journey is just begin, my right Temple as you can see has a lot of hair that aren't terminal, but they're still alive so there is hope.
In the last pic is in part hidden by The frontal hair tourn on the right side.
I use a 0.5 dermaroller but i think it has success only in the last 1 or 2 months when i understand that I should press a little less beacouse I've a really sensibile skin so when i pressed too hard it gave me inflamation so no results.
I really inspire my regime by somebody tread.
Anyway i Switched from galenic minoxidil to rogaine foam 2 week ago.

Fekief

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update, I recently changed dermaroller to 1mm of the ""right version"" and I can say that rogaine foam is surely better than galenic minoxidil

a3e07m.jpg

28rmmoo.jpg