My hairline will not grow any longer that about an inch an a half lone . Need advice .

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had good hair growth on the top and back and I do have a hairline about an inch a half long but I can't get it to grow any longer than that . It's been that length for years . Im on minoxidil oral and topical , finasteride , dermarolling twice a week . Is their anything I can do to make the hairline to grow a little ?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because your hairs are in the non-growing stage of hair growth

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's understandable to want a fuller hairline. While you're already using several common hair loss treatments, there are some additional steps you might consider to potentially encourage further hairline growth.
  • Evaluating Treatment Effectiveness: First, it's important to consult your doctor or dermatologist to assess the effectiveness of your current regimen. They can review your progress, ensure correct medication usage, and determine if adjustments might be beneficial.
  • Exploring Additional Treatments: Depending on your situation, your doctor might suggest adding other treatments like:
    • Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT): This uses low-level lasers to potentially improve blood circulation in the scalp and stimulate hair growth.
    • Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy: This injects concentrated platelets from your blood into the scalp, which may promote hair growth in some cases.
Important Considerations:
  • Research and Individual Results: It's important to research any additional treatments and understand that results can vary depending on the underlying cause of hair loss and individual response.
  • Time Factor: It can take several months to see noticeable results with any hair loss treatment. Be patient and consistent with your regimen.