My Hairline Receeding At A Young Age

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

i'm currently 20 years old and with the time i started asking myself questions about my hairline, i noticed that it goes a bit far all the way back. It has always been this shape but its hard to tell if its receeding because i've never really cared about it until now. I wouldnt mind at all if i was older but the fact that im still so young, it plays a little bit with my self esteem. My dad is bald but all his brothers are very hairy and so is my mom, and the rest of my family. (if this info helps).
Could you tell me your opinion about it?

I thank you a lot and wish you a nice day.
IMG_1702.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2. You definitely have male pattern baldness. No telling how aggressive it is or how fast it'll progress. Start taking finasteride now and your hair will probably survive well into your 30s, maybe 40s

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2. You definitely have male pattern baldness. No telling how aggressive it is or how fast it'll progress. Start taking finasteride now and your hair will probably survive well into your 30s, maybe 40s

thank you for your reply, but what about rogaine, would that help as well?

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you for your reply, but what about rogaine, would that help as well?

Minoxidil has been proven effective in 45-50% cases. It would be sensible to start minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral at the same time. Stay on this treatment for about 12 months and then consider whether something else should be added on.

You can also get a dermaroller to increase efficacy of topicals, a 0,5-0,75 mm dermaroller should do the job...

Your hair loss is in its inception and thus it is highly likely that you will save you hair, if you start with the treatment ASAP and once stabilised consider a small hair transplant to fill in the temples.

Also, not sure if you are physically active, but a good jogging, or cardio exercise at the gym never hurt...

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil has been proven effective in 45-50% cases. It would be sensible to start minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral at the same time. Stay on this treatment for about 12 months and then consider whether something else should be added on.

You can also get a dermaroller to increase efficacy of topicals, a 0,5-0,75 mm dermaroller should do the job...

Your hair loss is in its inception and thus it is highly likely that you will save you hair, if you start with the treatment ASAP and once stabilised consider a small hair transplant to fill in the temples.

Also, not sure if you are physically active, but a good jogging, or cardio exercise at the gym never hurt...

First of i really appreciate the answer. Now, im not gonna lie but im pretty unsure about taking pills, is it safe? I thought about a hair transplant once but it was when i just started noticing, might do that later if nothing helps...

IM GLAD you asked, because yes i do powerlifting and after some time, to improve i started taking lots of creatine, bcaa and weight gainers which i believed that caused that to my hair... but now i stopped and im still very active also with football

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a study about creatine increasing dht but wasnt very well done

Hair looks pretty good man. Just maintain using keto shampoo till something safe and worthwhile comes out

JollyJed

Reaction score
How many grafts would this guy need to fill in the temples? i have a very similar hair line and will be looking at a hair transplant if finasteride works for me.

Henryh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

i'm currently 20 years old and with the time i started asking myself questions about my hairline, i noticed that it goes a bit far all the way back. It has always been this shape but its hard to tell if its receeding because i've never really cared about it until now. I wouldnt mind at all if i was older but the fact that im still so young, it plays a little bit with my self esteem. My dad is bald but all his brothers are very hairy and so is my mom, and the rest of my family. (if this info helps).
Could you tell me your opinion about it?

I thank you a lot and wish you a nice day.
View attachment 49414 View attachment 49415 View attachment 49416

Hi Lucas, start using the Maliniak Method. It does work despite all the negative comments that are out there about it. Key to treating hair loss is time (patience). I used it and it's working amazing. Don't get into the trap of medications. I never personally used any medications but I can see all the goods and bads about it and after all, the results are average. It has side effects and this and that. Overall it's ugly. Better to avoid it completely...these are all my personal opinions. I've regrown my awesome, natural looking hair all over my scalp and I can say with confident that the Method works...Regards,

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep. Male pattern baldness for sure. Exactly how mine started.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start with finasteride for one year. Add minoxidil after that if unsatisfied. hair transplant is an option if you're stable after one year on finasteride.
You also looks to have retrograde allopecia on your sides. Can you take a picture of the back of your head?

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Lucas, start using the Maliniak Method. It does work despite all the negative comments that are out there about it. Key to treating hair loss is time (patience). I used it and it's working amazing. Don't get into the trap of medications. I never personally used any medications but I can see all the goods and bads about it and after all, the results are average. It has side effects and this and that. Overall it's ugly. Better to avoid it completely...these are all my personal opinions. I've regrown my awesome, natural looking hair all over my scalp and I can say with confident that the Method works...Regards,

I'll take a look at it, natural treatments always seem very good. Currently i'm using a black jamaican castor oil shampoo but i cant tell if its working...
I'm gonna be honest now bu im really confused what to do, there are many things you guys suggested me but at the same time you answered my question well. I'd rather visit a dertamologist first and ask him what he tells me i guess, i dont feel safe taking whatever pill i've never heard about... no offense to anyone who recommended me their opinions, im actually grateful :)

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
How many grafts would this guy need to fill in the temples? i have a very similar hair line and will be looking at a hair transplant if finasteride works for me.

I'd say about 900-1200, 50 grafts per cm square and about 20 cm square in total, maybe a bit less...

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
First of i really appreciate the answer. Now, im not gonna lie but im pretty unsure about taking pills, is it safe? I thought about a hair transplant once but it was when i just started noticing, might do that later if nothing helps...

IM GLAD you asked, because yes i do powerlifting and after some time, to improve i started taking lots of creatine, bcaa and weight gainers which i believed that caused that to my hair... but now i stopped and im still very active also with football

Do cardio only and certainly no heavy lifting and creatine, but that is my personal opinion.. Football, jogging seem fine to stay fit and sharp :)

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score

No pills are 100% safe, not even aspirin... on the other hand, you seem to be sharp and fit... do sports and thus I believe that finasteride is not going to have any negative side effects.

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
No pills are 100% safe, not even aspirin... on the other hand, you seem to be sharp and fit... do sports and thus I believe that finasteride is not going to have any negative side effects.

so its a pill you get just like that at the drugstore? it seems to be a really effective pill, ive read about it many times since i joined this forum todayapparently it works really slow but maybe doesnt take that much on me for being young?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the only thing that can stop hair loss in its tracks for years on end, or at least slow it down drastically.
Without it you will go bald faster. With it your hair will last longer and maybe regrow a bit. Without it you'll be at least NW3 by 30. Probably diffuse thin as well. Almost everyone here is on finasteride.

Lucas97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and I'm sorry i totally forgot about this, here you go:
IMG_1725.JPG
IMG_1726.JPG
IMG_1727.JPG

Start with finasteride for one year. Add minoxidil after that if unsatisfied. hair transplant is an option if you're stable after one year on finasteride.
You also looks to have retrograde allopecia on your sides. Can you take a picture of the back of your head?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you always had a widow peak before balding ?
your crown look ok .
But please bro don't listen to the guys who recommend natural product or you will regret it all your life . Jump on finasteride asap this is maybe you're only chace to stop your hairloss and leave this place forever