My Hair Used To Be Straight. 2 Years Into Treatment My Hair Is Now Kind Of Curly. Anyone Know Why?

lexluthor.12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I started my treatments I had this straight hair. Now, 2 years later, I have a curly hair. Also I feel like my hair texture changed too. Anyone know why that might be?
I used finasteride minoxidil ketaconozole and dutesteride on my 2 years of run in different times.

IMG_20171121_002432-1.jpg IMG_20190831_133444.jpg
IMG_20171119_112137.jpg

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people's hair texture changes with the use of finasteride. Dont know if stopping finasteride reverts hair back to orginal texture.

lexluthor.12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i stopped nizoral a long time ago and in the first year of my treatment i was only using minoxidil, and my hair was as straight as before. I feel like its finasteride or dutasterdie since they mostly work the same way. I was just wondering if anybody can explain the science of it, and maybe find a solution.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks thicker and possibly more coarse. That's a good thing, right?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you tried biotin? I personally think it's BS (even though I'm on it myself) but who knows...

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand the pictures. The pic with the curly hair looks like its from a different person. How does your hair just turn from dark blonde to jet black in 2 years?

lexluthor.12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand the pictures. The pic with the curly hair looks like its from a different person. How does your hair just turn from dark blonde to jet black in 2 years?

I always had jet black hair. It's just lightning hitting my hair.

lexluthor.12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you tried biotin? I personally think it's BS (even though I'm on it myself) but who knows...

No I didn't, knowing that my problem is more than that. But I may start it because my hair feels so unhealthy, maybe ill use some oil too.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always had jet black hair. It's just lightning hitting my hair.
Well it looks vastly different.
Personally my hair texture changes week to week. Legit curvy, wavy, straight. Thin and thick. Some people just have that, maybe its the same story for your hair.
How old are you? Hair can change its texture when you become older, exspecially from teenager to adult

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mandar kumthekar
Does hair also need sebum / hair oil prodcuction for growth ?as since i started finasteride my sebum /hair oil production my sebum/hair oil production is non existent

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why dont you cut your hair shorter if its curly?Applying minoxidil and drying will be a lot easier.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mandar kumthekar
Does hair also need sebum / hair oil prodcuction for growth ?as since i started finasteride my sebum /hair oil production my sebum/hair oil production is non existent
Yes in moderation it acts barrier and stops tranepidermal water loss from scalp and keep scalp well hydrated and disinfected.too much can clog hair follicles and increase dht in bulb(Armando's theory). I think barrier function is necessary for good hairs.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes in moderation it acts barrier and stops tranepidermal water loss from scalp and keep scalp well hydrated and disinfected.too much can clog hair follicles and increase dht in bulb(Armando's theory). I think barrier function is necessary for good hairs.

That makes sense and what i thought, you need a balance of sebum/ oil production in the scalp for 'healthy' hair growth.
Are there anyways to increase sebum to get it too a balanced amount?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
That makes sense and what i thought, you need a balance of sebum/ oil production in the scalp for 'healthy' hair growth.
Are there anyways to increase sebum to get it too a balanced amount?
Good exfoliation of scalp would make it more easy to flow scalp and hairs. Use lemon juice once a week to exfoliation.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good exfoliation of scalp would make it more easy to flow scalp and hairs. Use lemon juice once a week to exfoliation.

Ok thanks will consider that.
I also went to my gp and he gave me these blood tests to check, however iam wondering are there any more additional important tests to check?
HbA1c(GHB)
TFT
Ferritin
Sex hormone Binding Globulin
Liver profile
Testosterone
Renal profile
Full blood count

Appreicate any insightful help