My hair transplant.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hope you're on finasteride.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
burak123 said:
I think finasteride is dangerous. I may take it after 3 months though.

What kind of surgeon does a transplant on a patient that is not taking finasteride, and especially on a patient that has diffuse thinning? Probably not a very ethical one.

I know this is something you don't want to hear, but you should not have gotten a transplant if you don't plan on taking finasteride.

burak123

Reaction score
What about side efects? it might be dangerous. I will be able to have my hair transplanted in the future. I have been afraid of finasteride.

s.a.f

Reaction score
burak123 said:
What about side efects? it might be dangerous. I will be able to have my hair transplanted in the future. I have been afraid of finasteride.

:smack:
Firstly side effects only happen to 1-2% of users (or people who go looking for them) if side effect were that common there would'nt be 10,000,00's of men on it worldwide.
And as for future transplants it looks like you were thinning in the entire NW7 region if this continues you wont have anywhere near enough donor to complete the job.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Go talk to your doctor and see if you can get a script for Proscar (generic 5mg finasteride). It will be cheap, and you can cut them into quarters and save money. Or you can start off at a lower dose. Personally I'd recommend hitting up 4rx.com and getting about 60 1mg pills, then cutting them in half and taking .5mg every day to assess your tolerance to the drug.

You could just do .5mg for a year or so and see how it goes. I used .5mg for about 3 years before upping the dose to 1.25mg, and I had good regrowth.