My hair transplant with Rahal - 4129 Grafts (8893 Hairs)

Sparky4444

Reaction score
$14K for FUT is brutal...Rahal is one of the best, but he ain't the only one out there that can do the job...

redunculous

Reaction score
$14K for FUT is brutal...Rahal is one of the best, but he ain't the only one out there that can do the job...

That included flights to and from England as well plus the hotel stay - H&W quoted a heck of a lot more

- - - Updated - - -

It's nearly a month after the last update.
How the things going on?

DavPi I am just about to hop on the first of 4 flights, as soon as I get chance I will upload some more pics

Sparky4444

Reaction score
That included flights to and from England as well plus the hotel stay - H&W quoted a heck of a lot more

- - - Updated - - -

ah...holy crap that's expensive for FUT...FUE is $20K for about 2800 grafts...I might just be going bald for a while

redunculous

Reaction score
Ok the one with my daughter was taken 2 weeks ago when I was home - I had a bit of caboki concealer in but clearly there is a major difference.

My last break at home (I work away 1 month on 1 month off) was the first time I spent the majority of it NOT wearing a hat which was a really really good feeling!

I've since buzzed it down the last couple of days so you can all see it properly - I think with my rogaine regime the back is filling in by itself a little - would appreciate people's opinions on that. Its hard to judge because as always it looks better short

Hoping for a lot more growth yet

Its been roughly 5 months and 1 week since the operation

Attachments

• photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,589
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,682
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,442
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,479
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,562

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im jealous
I had to postpone my second consult with the Doctor I chose for this weekend until next. I started trying dermarolling, but still want to get my hair filled in, I Mean aside any study a transplant is the only "cure".

I miss decent hair and still even the thought of a year before it all grows in kills me but you have to do what you have to do.

Yours looks really good.

imalwayscold

Reaction score
im really happy for you. your hairline looks great and your hair thick. how much did it set you back? please update with pics every chance you get.

redunculous

Reaction score
Im jealous
I had to postpone my second consult with the Doctor I chose for this weekend until next. I started trying dermarolling, but still want to get my hair filled in, I Mean aside any study a transplant is the only "cure".

I miss decent hair and still even the thought of a year before it all grows in kills me but you have to do what you have to do.

Yours looks really good.

Swingline, I swear I felt the exact same thing - even though I work in a place that allows me to wear a hat.

All I can tell you is that when you have it done you literally feel so much more confident - even with the massive scar I had. I would tell everyone, I would show it off and I was proud of it - I guess because I knew where it is going. Even my closest friends are blown away with the fact that I have hair in places I didn't. I have shown people my entire process from start to finish and feel liberated being able to finally show people my head.

Its such a strange feeling to talk about the fact that I had a hair op and 'hey look at this cut' when I couldn't ever show people my head before. The day I had the op I was sending people pics of it - all fear gone because I knew that the end result was going to be worth it.

Don't fear it - it literally releases you

- - - Updated - - -

im really happy for you. your hairline looks great and your hair thick. how much did it set you back? please update with pics every chance you get.

Thanks imalwayscold

Cost was 14k incl flights

I am expecting a lot more yet - so fingers crossed.

The pic with my daughter - first time I've been in public with her without a hat, it was really nice (restaurant with a lot of family)

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I am no expert but 14k for that hairline is something I would pay in a heartbeat, it looks incredible, I have the same type of loss but I cant take finasteride so a hair transplant for me is a waste of money

Petchsky

Reaction score
Good work, and good to see Dr Rahal still knocking out results.

By the time you are at month 8 most of the hair is in place, but will further refine through to month 12 - took me about 10 months to totally get rid of the numbness, last bit to get full feeling back was the top of my head.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I am no expert but 14k for that hairline is something I would pay in a heartbeat, it looks incredible, I have the same type of loss but I cant take finasteride so a hair transplant for me is a waste of money

For FUT??? I would never in a million years;;;

justinstocks

Reaction score
a great success story - brave of you to post those pictures ! im thinking seriously about having a transplant myself but i wouldnt have a strip so i need to save up !

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...some guys have the right scenario where a FUT would be OK...but for more aggressive thinning, combined with fair complexion and fine hair to begin with, a FUT scar is out of the question...I need to wear my hair reeeally short in the back, no other way...

justinstocks

Reaction score
couldnt do the strip cos i need my hair longer than a 4 on the clippers at the back to balance everything out - ive got really strong hair at the back around my neck so an fue would be perfect for me in terms of hair to be transplanted and the minimal cosmetic damage it would do - just need a good doctor who can do a tummy tuck at the same time then im rollin !

shredder101

Reaction score

I'm new to this part of the forum, is it true that if you dont react well to finasteride that a hair transplant is pointless?
I would really appreciate an explanation

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this part of the forum, is it true that if you dont react well to finasteride that a hair transplant is pointless?
I would really appreciate an explanation

without finasteride or some kind of DHT blocker, you will keep losing hair and need to have multiple hair transplant to avoid a retarted looking head of hair and you may not even have enough hair left on your donor area. So yes, finasteride is a must. Cheers

redunculous

Reaction score
6.5 month update

Thought I'd drop an update now its reached 6.5 months since the op. Took these photos just now from my hotel (work)

No concealers in my hair at all for these pics - I actually think the back is filling in somewhat (remember on my first set of pics Rahal never implanted that far back).

I've noticed lots of shedding from my crown over the past couple of months and now it looks like its filled in somewhat - I'm putting it down to being religious with the rogaine and finasteride (before I was rather slack).

Maybe it will improve more, maybe its an illusion because I've let my hair grow (this is what I think) - the eye see's what it wants to see. Still the shedding can only be a good sign - I no longer panic and I'm probably going to go get the back done still but I will see how it goes over the next 6 months.

I'm getting happier and happier with the temples - one is still a little thin but we are short in the game at this point for me to question it (although I do)

If anyone wants specific pics let me know - I'm happy to take more.

- - - Updated - - -

For FUT??? I would never in a million years;;;

I would over and over

The fact that I can walk around now without a hat,
The fact that I go swimming in a pool with other people (first time in YEARS),
The fact that I go to restaurants and don't wear a hat,
The fact that I no longer spend forever trying to sprinkle the right amount of concealer to cover my disaster of a hair up and STILL lose my nerve and wear a hat

I no longer stand in front of the mirror and want to cry

14k is insignificant compared to what I have got back in my self esteem. I own an old sailboat (I love the water), it got so bad I refused to jump into the water without a hat on (even if we were offshore), if I dived in, I would come back up with it on - I was unbelievably self conscious even in front of family.

I would do this all over again in a heartbeat. Now I'm swimming again, diving, having a beer without a hat - hell I can run my hands through it! :D

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,520
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,443
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,535
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,563
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,600
  • IMG_2852.jpg
    IMG_2852.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,446

curley

Reaction score
Stellar result. You must be happier than a pig in poop. I'd leave the crown alone except as you say be religious with the finasteride/minoxidil and I'd consider yearly PRP as well. Congratulations on ditching the balding guy, and becoming the hairy guy. :notworthy

redunculous

Reaction score
Stellar result. You must be happier than a pig in poop. I'd leave the crown alone except as you say be religious with the finasteride/minoxidil and I'd consider yearly PRP as well. Congratulations on ditching the balding guy, and becoming the hairy guy. :notworthy

Thanks Curley

Not sure about PRP - is it worth it? Can't say I've ever done any research about it.