My hair transplant with DHI Global - 6 months ago

Ben35Worthing

Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I have been an avid reader here in the past as a worried man, losing ones hair, this pre my hair transplant six months I am now in the fortunate position of having had such a successful DHI (essentially an FUE) transplant via DHI Global in London (http://dhiglobal.com/) I want to see if I can assist anyone else thinking of under going this procedure…

Back story:
Ok so my hair had been getting me down for about five years, more and more receding and the crown all-bar gone!

I did A LOT of research on clinics and heard good and bad from abut them all, travel wasn't an option, I was certain I could find THE right result at home in the UK.

So after many meets with various doctors in Harley Street and surrounding roads I met with Anita at DHI Global in London and was immediately put at ease and after her showing me endorsements from celebrity and non celebrity clients, I felt that DHI was the way to go for me, so at the end of October (worryingly close to Halloween) I booked myself in for a 1-day Mega session for a DHI - Direct Hair Implantation.

And what a choice I made!
I was made to feel like royalty when I arrived all be it admittedly for a tall and big man I was ridiculously nervous, but I (hopefully) didn't let that show... My nerves soon vanished when I was properly talked through the procedure and introduced to Medical Director and the man to do my procedure - Dr George.

The Procedure:
So four hours of lying on my front in the 'massage position' as I like to call it where I dropped off twice, where my hairs on the donor area were extracted was followed by a nice lunch and read of the papers, then it was 3-4 hours of implanting them. Job done and pain free... I even went to the theatre afterwards and had a few brandies (against the advice of Dr George) but I was on cloud 9, I could instantly see a hairline for the first time in YEARS!

Post surgery:
I was so proud to have the hairline I was given immediately after the treatment and that (as advised) fell away after about four weeks. All the transplanted hairs had come out by week 7.

I kept my hair at a level 0.4, from then on and come month four a rapid growth happened!!!
Day by day more hair was filling in it was then when I stopped shaving my head.

I am now coming up to 6 months post surgery and I would have taken this brilliant result as the final result BUT am left to believe I have another year of growth and filling out to come. Wonderful!

Absolutely delighted and I am so lad I decided to go with DHI Global!!

Pictures before, during and NOW attached and if anyone has ANY questions, ask them here, I shall be monitoring the thread.

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• 1 month post surgury.JPG
    1 month post surgury.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 5,823
  • 6 weeks post surgury.JPG
    6 weeks post surgury.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 2,888
  • 10 week spost surgury.JPG
    10 week spost surgury.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 2,906
  • 12 weeks post surgury .JPG
    12 weeks post surgury .JPG
    157 KB · Views: 2,824
  • Arring at DHI - BALDING.JPG
    Arring at DHI - BALDING.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,777
  • Ben Above pre-surgury.JPG
    Ben Above pre-surgury.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 2,684
  • Ben Donar Area.JPG
    Ben Donar Area.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 2,424
  • Ben Side Pre Surgery.JPG
    Ben Side Pre Surgery.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 2,936

TowerT

Reaction score
How many grafts ?
What was the total price ?
What was the waiting time ?
What medication were you on before the hair transplant and currently on ?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results mate, pretty much looks like a normal full head of hair

johnnybravo29

Reaction score
Looks great! I'm only two months post surgery so I've yet to see regrowth, but I would be thrilled with those results. Did you have crown work done as well or just the hairline?

Ben35Worthing

Reaction score
How many grafts ?
What was the total price ?
What was the waiting time ?
What medication were you on before the hair transplant and currently on ?

Grafts: 1,689

Price: £7,500

Waiting time: Consultation within a week, surgery a couple of weeks later.

Medication: Absolutely nothing beforehand or ever. After hair transplant, Regaine/Rogaine 5% foam twice a day, and three x PRP sessions

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Big cosmetic improvement considering such a small amount of grafts. Congrats.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Big cosmetic improvement considering such a small amount of grafts. Congrats.

This, I would have thought that you had far more grafts than that judging by the results so far, fantastic stuff! Illusion of density is where it's at, not wasting huge numbers of grafts on the hairline and have nothing to work with further down the road.

shookwun

Reaction score
impressed.

I would suggest side parting it, will look denser.

it's hard to make a hair transplant look dense when you flick it up....

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be a jerk, but the hairline doesn't look refined to me, and I seriously have to question the judgement of the people who are saying "wow". Look again. The hairline looks grafty. I would call these results average.

Of course, the main thing is that the patient is happy, so everybody should disregard what I say. I mean that sincerely. If the patient likes it, it's good. But we all have different standards of quality.