My Hair Transplant In Germany At First Hair Clinic (22 Y/o, 2200 Grafts)

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking well man. Eager to see results. I am in a very similar situation to you - did your age play an impact on deciding if you were a good candidate?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A couple years ago my crown was already balding, but finasteride/dutasteride reversed it and now it‘s stable and I‘m not losing hair there anymore. Just my hairline kept getting worse and worse. The native hair in my frontal area will probably get worse over the next years but the clinic already transplanted some hair into that area as a first prevention. So I think I‘ll be fine for 5+ years and then might need another transplant for the mid frontal area. I really had to get it done now so that I can live my early - mid twenties without worrying about my hair every single day
Can’t disagree with that. Good luck! If everything goes to sh*t just know you got a great head shape, lol.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Now that my head is shaved I can‘t wait to be able to grow out my hair on top again, I‘m just way too young for that look to look good on me imo. The nice thing about it is that it now looks the same all the time without me having to do anything / style it. Are you considering a transplant as well?
I was man, I might still be considering it but at what cost will getting one take? I do not mean money, thats not an issue, Im speaking about preoccupancy. If I get a hair transplant its going to take a year to fully develop and then what if its not right? What if I need another transplant? What if it’s all good and then I need another one in 6 years? What if it was thins in one area and then my hairstyle looks wack? Etc.

I think I’ve been focusing on my hair wayyyy too much the past 2 years that I sort of just want to shave and move on but like you said “way too young for the look to look good on me”. Tough decision, I think the first step is realizing your hair will never look perfect/how it did at its peak - once you start losing it.

Time will tell, stoked for you and your results though.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my honest thoughts on your situation after looking at your pics.
First of all you‘re still far away from NW3. The problem with hair loss is that at any given time you have the least amount of hair you ever had and the most amount of hair you‘ll ever have from this point on and everyone focuses on the „least amount you ever had“ part. Because of that you consistently feel like your hair looks really bad but in a year or 2 you‘ll look back and realize how decent looking your hair still was right now (in case that your hair loss is not stopped by finasteride). That‘s how it was year after year for me. If you shave your sides really short, blow dry your hair for max volume and add more volume through the right hair products you can still make your hair look really good in the situation you‘re in right now.
Regarding the long time it takes to see results from a hair transplant I kept reminding myself how frustrated I would be 1 year from now if I didn‘t get the procedure done now. By next summer I could either have a pretty decent head of hair if I get a transplant now or be another year away from a decent head of hair and another year of my early twenties would be gone. But in your situation I honestly wouldn‘t get a transplant right now and rather monitor how your hair loss progresses over the next year. If it‘ll be somewhat stable you can get a 1.5k grafts transplant and be in a great spot for years.
Yea I 100% agree. Ungrateful in grateful circumstances, story of my life. Lets see how things play out. If reputable surgeons could tell me I would most likely be stable for 5-10yrs given my criteria in 1/2 years, I will probably end up going for it.