My hair situation with pics.

roman83

Reaction score
Took pics of my hairline, Been receeding for about a year now from what i remember, Been on minoxidil 2% for 6 months.. and Criagain for 2 months now i think.. Any suggestions?

Receeding hairline runs in the family, both my Dad and his brother have a receeded hair line but both are not that bad for being around 50, I'm 20 now, I'm kinda hopeing this is as bad as it will get for quite a while but not sure if thats even possible.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bleh83/my_photos

roman83

Reaction score
working now i think, sorry about that, forgot to make it public. first time messing with pics online.

roman83

Reaction score
I'd be happy just to take minoxidil my whole life if that would stop it, i really don't want to get into the pills aspect of fighting hairloss, but i often debate the whole thing. Soo questions..

1. could i just battle hair loss with what im currently useing?

2. possible this is as far as i could go for a few years at least? if there is a way to answer this one

3. Should i just start propecia?

4. Should i move minoxidil up too 5%?

Oh yeah, and im also useing folligen lotion to take care of peeling i get, I have very dry skin also, not sure if that has to do with anything but after a shower i also gotta put lotion on my face cause my skins drys out like crazy.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
First you have to get on the 5% minoxidil right away. IF you have a better product and it's the same to use, then it's a no brainer. Then add some nizoral to your shampoo list. Crin

You have exactly the same sort of pattern of loss as me, and I've done pretty well maintaining it with only propecia for 2 years. Going thisroute is a tough decision, but from looking at your pictures I would highly reccomend it.

I'll tell you this much. If you stick to what you're doing I predict further loss for sure. Getting on 2% was exaclty what I did when I noticed receding and thinning and wasted my time completey for like 6 months. I finally said F*Ck it, give me the hormone terminator and stopped minoxidil completey.