My hair (pics)

Connorm57

Reaction score
I started to notice light shining through onto my scalp about a month or two ago, on the right side I have notice thinning rather than full on receding. I'll try to upload pics onto this thread to show all of you and maybe we can get down to some sort of a conclusion on what's going on.. Stress... male pattern baldness?...Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I started to notice light shining through onto my scalp about a month or two ago, on the right side I have notice thinning rather than full on receding. I'll try to upload pics onto this thread to show all of you and maybe we can get down to some sort of a conclusion on what's going on.. Stress... male pattern baldness?...Etc.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankfully doesn't look too bad. I can promise you with near certainty that it's NOT stress unfortunately. On the bright side, you've caught it before it became noticeable, so grab a prescription for finasteride and you'll be fine.

Connorm57

Reaction score
Okay, thank you for the response. Is there a certain dosage you recommend? I have read that the side effects are low sex drive and many other absolutely terrible sides. Any experience with this?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else want to comment? This thread isn't getting much attention

Hey man your hair loss is very minor and you caught it early. I would recommend getting a script for 5 mg Finasteride tablets and taking 1.25 mg (cutting them into 4ths) daily. I have been on Finasteride for about 4 months now, and besides watery semen here and there I have no sides. People that experienced the sides are more like to go on a forum and b**ch about it than someone who has had success with the pill. The people that have had success usually stop worrying about their hair loss and move on with their lives.

Best of luck.

DTunes

Reaction score
I had bad side effects... maybe try minoxidil. I know it works for a lot of people and the side effects are less serious and damaging, or so I understand. Worth a shot anyway...

Connorm57

Reaction score
I was going to try minoxidil, is that more or less the same thing? The sides for finasteride scare me to be honest (I'm sure you've heard that before).

Aged

Reaction score
Hey man, your hair doesn't look bad at all, trust me. The worrying and paranoia come hand in hand with the first time you realise hair loss. It sucks. Get on Finasteride 5mg, cut into 1/4. Will save you mega bucks. As far as sides go, most people who moan about them most likely haven't got them. The mind can play tricks! Just take it and if you do experience any sides, you knows it's your body telling you not to take it. I've been on Finasteride for 6 months, maybe some watery semen but for the sake of my hair I'll live with that. All the best.

Cantloseanymore

Reaction score
Stick with it

I think finasteride sides are in your head. It seems that with all the negative comments people can't decide for themselves whether to try it and therefore jump on Google and scare themselves half to death. Just try it, if you freak out, stop!

Eagerly await a barage of hate comments

- - - Updated - - -

I think finasteride sides are in your head. It seems that with all the negative comments people can't decide for themselves whether to try it and therefore jump on Google and scare themselves half to death. Just try it, if you freak out, stop!

Eagerly await a barage of hate comments

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. You have lots of hair mate!