My hair (Pics) Any advice is welcome

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to post pics to get advice from everyone. I'm 35 years old.

My hair was always somewhat thin, I didn't do anything until after I was 31 years old cause I 'wanted to play it safe' and started Propecia. Now on Dus twice a week and Regenepure.

First 4 pics are right after a shampooed my hair. Hair looks decent I suppose, can 't tell if I'm losing anything because after I shampoo it's kinda thick. I've always had big forehead with cones, so it may seem I'm receding but I'm actually not or in denial :shock:

[attachment=0:34gkx4vb]IMAG0051.jpg[/attachment:34gkx4vb]
[attachment=5:34gkx4vb]IMAG0048.jpg[/attachment:34gkx4vb]
[attachment=4:34gkx4vb]IMAG0049.jpg[/attachment:34gkx4vb]
[attachment=3:34gkx4vb]IMAG0050.jpg[/attachment:34gkx4vb]
^Just a big forehead with side cones. Kinda like Johnny Depp..lol (Not he face unfortunately :sobbing: lol

Last 2 pics are taken the next day (no shampoo). Notice a significant difference in thinning.
[attachment=1:34gkx4vb]IMAG0046.jpg[/attachment:34gkx4vb]
[attachment=2:34gkx4vb]IMAG0047.jpg[/attachment:34gkx4vb]
^ You can see right through..lol

Any advice is welcome....my hair is thinning out. I don't shed much after shower (maybe 25-30) which is below the norm. Sorry pics arent the best.

Why is it that next day when my hair is little oily I can significantly see my scalp right through my hair? What kind of hairloss/thinning is this?

Attachments

• IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 149

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
You got some definite thinning going on, are you using rogaine? If not I would start, your hair should thicken up quite a bit.

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
SuprisedGuy said:
You got some definite thinning going on, are you using rogaine? If not I would start, your hair should thicken up quite a bit.
I'm not using Rogaine.

Just feel Rogaine is a temporary help. Doesn't stop the fundamental cause for hair loss.

I don't know, you are right I should get on it...I'm still undecided....

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Should I also shampoo everyday cause my hair gets little oily and thin the next day?

I've read that shampooing everyday is not good. But then again it probably depends on the hair.

I use Regenepure DR 3 times a week.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
In the first 5 photos it looks normal. It's normal to show scalp when you part your hair and your part is not that wide. But in the last photo, it looks very thin. I couldn't understand it.

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
ivangennaro said:
In the first 5 photos it looks normal. It's normal to show scalp when you part your hair and your part is not that wide. But in the last photo, it looks very thin. I couldn't understand it.
Yeah its weird.

Right after a shampoo, my hair looks normal for the day. Doesn't seem like I'm losing hair.

But then next day....my hair is little oily or I don't know what but it's thin. I can see my scalp through my hair.

That's why I needed advice. I don't understand how 1 day can make that big of a difference. What kind of hair loss is this? lol

gsk

Reaction score
My hair also looks oily the next day I washed with shampoo. Im using keto 2% every other day now and its quite good...it keeps my hair dry for complete 2 days now.

Im also afraid of minoxidil because of its shedding....I dont lose much while hair wash (10 to 15 strands) or combing (3 to 6) strands, I worry minoxidil may increase this.

Winter

Reaction score
looks like slow thinning/recession for sure, but if you get on meds right now you can probably keep it decent looking for years and years.

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
gsk said:
My hair also looks oily the next day I washed with shampoo. Im using keto 2% every other day now and its quite good...it keeps my hair dry for complete 2 days now.

Im also afraid of minoxidil because of its shedding....I dont lose much while hair wash (10 to 15 strands) or combing (3 to 6) strands, I worry minoxidil may increase this.
The days you don't use keto, you take a shower just with water....or use another shampoo?

The more I read about minoxidil, the more I realize it's just a temporary cosmetic fix, it doesn't stop the fundamental cause of hair loss. I just don't feel it's worth the commitment. If I do start a topical...it'll probably be RU (but a headache to order and make at home).

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Winter said:
looks like slow thinning/recession for sure, but if you get on meds right now you can probably keep it decent looking for years and years.
Well...im on meds (dutasteride twice a week) and keto every other day.

So im hoping to hold what i have until a better topical comes out...which might be years. :sobbing:

I just don't understand the big difference between the days a shampoo my hair and the days I don't. :dunno:

rov

Reaction score
When the hair is greasy it clumps together with other hair, which exposes more of the scalp. Dry and clean hair doesn't do this, so less of the scalp is exposed. It is normal

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
rov said:
When the hair is greasy it clumps together with other hair, which exposes more of the scalp. Dry and clean hair doesn't do this, so less of the scalp is exposed. It is normal
It makes total sense what you are saying.

But does that mean I should shampoo everyday? I need to figure out how many times I should shampoo a week with keto and/or with regular shampoo?

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
baldinglikeamofo said:
you have the same thing i have: diffuse thinning.

Is propecia working for you? It doesnt work for me.
Propecia worked for me for 3 years.

Then I moved to dutasteride once a week...(started with thrice a week for 2/3 months) ...i think that wasn't enough. Now recently increased to twice a week which is equivalent to finasteride everyday.

So I hope in time it'll improve.