My hair is getting worse?

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I think finasteride just accelerated would was bound to happen but at least I would of had my damn hairline while I was young.. the amount of depression this gives me has become unbearable. I was also just starting to finally develop a beard when I started this.. and hear I am with a still patchy beard.. when my whole family can grow thick ones.. Finn deff has been known to slow beard growth.
You're in Canada...do you have vitamin D deficiency? When I lived in Seattle, I had vitamin D deficiency and my beard was more patchy and less full along with my hair. Also, the stress of all this can cause patchiness and less hair growth. finasteride doesn't hurt your hairline or beard dude...you're letting all this anxiety play tricks on your brain. Have you tried 5% minoxidil twice/day along with finasteride?

finasteride + minoxidil is like 1+1=3...I know it has been for me.

blasteryui

Reaction score
You're in Canada...do you have vitamin D deficiency? When I lived in Seattle, I had vitamin D deficiency and my beard was more patchy and less full along with my hair. Also, the stress of all this can cause patchiness and less hair growth. finasteride doesn't hurt your hairline or beard dude...you're letting all this anxiety play tricks on your brain. Have you tried 5% minoxidil twice/day along with finasteride?

finasteride + minoxidil is like 1+1=3...I know it has been for me.

I could, I have a wide variety of problems before finasteride such as insomnia. One thing though that isn't anxiety is erections with Finn. I most absolutely get weaker ones before Finn. It's not rock hard it's got more of a squish to it.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Did your body hair thicken? Did your sex drive increase? Is your scalp and face more oily then it was before?

holyhead

Reaction score
I took genetic brand hetero from Walmart for a small spot around my crown..my hair turned to **** and looked awful and load of it fell out and shed..Then I stopped and went to brand name propecia and while my hair slightly improved my stomach and lower waist area has swollen and looks like hell..Load of fluid water like weight gain..about 10 lbs..Quit the drug and it got even worse...Been off 8 months and it is just as bad now..It's like your still taking it..Hair still shedding and stomach still b load up like a toad..Feel like killing myself over what this **** has done to my life..is there no help or way to reverse this?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're carrying extra water weight, it's likely due to estrogen levels still being high. You could have had high estrogen before starting finasteride. Go to your doctor and get a blood test done, if estrogen is high they will be able to get it within normal range with mild aromatase inhibitors.

holyhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the help..I kept a food journal and have been an avid runner for years..After all this my weight jumped up like 10 lbs and have this unusual swelling around mid section..Didn't change diet or anything else I noticed this about a month after starting this drug..Then after I quit it got even worse..It's no joke thus stuff can really mess up a person's well being physically and mentally...

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate,

Your hairline is exactly the same as mine and I did the same. No joke, finasteride did f*ck all for me and during this time my hairline significantly worsened!

I am on dutasteride now however even on this there is absolutely nothing promising coming through...i am very, very close to having to do something drastic to cover it up because its only just acceptable. I think the next logical thing for me (and probably you) would be to look at RU?

QUOTE=blasteryui;1286189]No I'm not on dutasteride and my hairline continues to get worse.. I've stayed on for 2 years now in hopes that some of it would come back.. Finn raises testosterone.. because of this I think for some men it destroys the hairline FASTER.. perhaps my hairline was going to go back.. but over time.. over years.. nobody in my family has a hairline like mine.. my grand father has better hair then me.. and my father.. explain that to me. I think finasteride just accelerated would was bound to happen but at least I would of had my damn hairline while I was young.. the amount of depression this gives me has become unbearable. I was also just starting to finally develop a beard when I started this.. and hear I am with a still patchy beard.. when my whole family can grow thick ones.. Finn deff has been known to slow beard growth.. theres not a lot of research when it comes to development.. but I believe to that finasteride can affect your development when youre still young like I am.. nothing worse then balding and a patchy beard.. at least with a thick beard I would feel more confident shaving. Heres pictures of me currently..

[/QUOTE]

My hair line was very similar, I lost my temples at 18 and kind have just lived with the M shape hairline.

But mine has kicked into high gear recently and have lost most of my left temple and have gained this male pattern baldness itch and weird skin crawling feeling, Which the Ru seems to be reducing but hasn't blocked it. But again not sure if it takes more than 2 weeks to show more signs of working.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah watch out for the third shed, although it is not as devestating as the 2nd shed was for me. It hit my hair pretty good and I think I may have one more shed in me.

I think, personally, you may be proned to more sheds or even more devestating ones if you have been going through hairloss longer than 1 or 2 years. I had been thinning for almost three years when I got on Propecia and I have to say I have been shedding pretty good from late in month 5 to month 8 but I won't lie I have seen some improvements on my hair.

Then again I could be wrong and it just be a nasty tug of war between male pattern baldness and finasteride. :smack:

No I'm not on dutasteride and my hairline continues to get worse.. I've stayed on for 2 years now in hopes that some of it would come back.. Finn raises testosterone.. because of this I think for some men it destroys the hairline FASTER.. perhaps my hairline was going to go back.. but over time.. over years.. nobody in my family has a hairline like mine.. my grand father has better hair then me.. and my father.. explain that to me. I think finasteride just accelerated would was bound to happen but at least I would of had my damn hairline while I was young.. the amount of depression this gives me has become unbearable. I was also just starting to finally develop a beard when I started this.. and hear I am with a still patchy beard.. when my whole family can grow thick ones.. Finn deff has been known to slow beard growth.. theres not a lot of research when it comes to development.. but I believe to that finasteride can affect your development when youre still young like I am.. nothing worse then balding and a patchy beard.. at least with a thick beard I would feel more confident shaving. Heres pictures of me currently..

Mate,

Your hairline is exactly the same as mine and I did the same. No joke, finasteride did f*ck all for me and during this time my hairline significantly worsened!

I am on dutasteride now however even on this there is absolutely nothing promising coming through...i am very, very close to having to do something drastic to cover it up because its only just acceptable. I think the next logical thing for me (and probably you) would be to look at RU?

QUOTE=blasteryui;1286189]No I'm not on dutasteride and my hairline continues to get worse.. I've stayed on for 2 years now in hopes that some of it would come back.. Finn raises testosterone.. because of this I think for some men it destroys the hairline FASTER.. perhaps my hairline was going to go back.. but over time.. over years.. nobody in my family has a hairline like mine.. my grand father has better hair then me.. and my father.. explain that to me. I think finasteride just accelerated would was bound to happen but at least I would of had my damn hairline while I was young.. the amount of depression this gives me has become unbearable. I was also just starting to finally develop a beard when I started this.. and hear I am with a still patchy beard.. when my whole family can grow thick ones.. Finn deff has been known to slow beard growth.. theres not a lot of research when it comes to development.. but I believe to that finasteride can affect your development when youre still young like I am.. nothing worse then balding and a patchy beard.. at least with a thick beard I would feel more confident shaving. Heres pictures of me currently..

[/QUOTE]

Guys, same situation here. How are you doing? I switched to duta..

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
99% wouldnt even say that you have hairloss.
I also cant see much of a difference, looks fine to me