My hair has stopped falling, but how to make it regrow

carrotbumzz

Reaction score
I have suffered hair loss for about 2 years. I m now 21. My hair on the top is thinner than ever. Recently I started supplying some vitamins for my body. I am using

Biotin 5000 mcg
B12 2500mcg
L cysteine 500mg
vit E 400 UI
and drink soy milk 500ml a day

and my hair literally has stopped falling, being strong ever. From about 30 hairs falling out when showering to about less than 10, and a few when blow drying. But I had hair loss really bad and dont know if my hair is gonna regrow. I has started using Rogaine 5% minoxidil for a bout a week, my hair fall out when applying minoxidil on my scalp tho but not too much to be scared.

After searching for a while, I'm aware of my hair loss is general thinning, the whole top including front forehead is really thin, like literally can see thru to my scalp.

I never use finasteride tho, cuz afraid of the side effect, but if it really can give my hair back, I would give it a try.

Because my hair has stopped falling, so I m quite happy now but still so depressed when looking at the mirror.

Any advice please??? SHould I go to finasteride?

and where to get prescription for finasteride btw? I'm DFW area, TX.

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil is the answer for your situation. One week is not enough to get results and you will see some shedding in the beginning, which is a good sign that minoxidil is working.

I would not advise you to get on finasteride if you believe your hair stopped shedding. And remember, little shedding after showering is normal. Even people that do not have hair loss will lose some hair.

Good luck mate...you should get good results soon, just gotta be patient.

carrotbumzz

Reaction score
as I said my hair has stopped shedding, but they fall out like a punch when I apply minoxidil, is it usual people?
I have no more hair falling when shampooing, combing, blow drying or touching my hair, only when I apply minoxidil. Is it gonna regrow after these shedding?

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
carrotbumzz said:
as I said my hair has stopped shedding, but they fall out like a punch when I apply minoxidil, is it usual people?
I have no more hair falling when shampooing, combing, blow drying or touching my hair, only when I apply minoxidil. Is it gonna regrow after these shedding?
Yes. Shedding in the initial phase when applying minoxidil is very common and part of the process. Sheeding will stop and you'll regrow.

carrotbumzz

Reaction score
life_sucks and blond john, thank you guys. I hope my hair is gonna regrow.

I bought a Rogaine foam from Walgreen, it worked great for a couple days, not that much hair falling out when applying, but after about a week, the chemicals did not come in foam but liquid. I wrote an email the Rogaine customer service and they said they were gonna answer me within 2 weeks, it has been 1 week now, hope I would receive the response in this week, cuz I wanna make sure it's still safe to apply on my scalp. Meanwhile, they send me a coupon with $30 value so that I could buy another one, and I bought the liquid formula one this time. But it's weird that this liquid one makes my hair fall out much more than the foam one. But as you guys said, it's gonna regrow soon and I hope it so.