My hair has started to get greasy really quickly...

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
...all of the sudden. If I shower at night, it looks like sh*t by the afternoon of the next day. What would cause that?

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Wash it in the morning then... if you sleep on it it gets greasier as you sweating and pressing the hair against your oily scalp. I never wash mine at night ultimately for that reason.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What is causing it is your oil secretion glands are over active. some people can get away with this because they have thick and dont have male pattern baldness. If you have male pattern baldness and your hair is thinning, then your hairs will be thinner and the oil will weigh your hair down.

I used to have this problem. What can help is washing your hair in the morning, or using Zix has helped some, and it has helped me. Also you can take a low dose of Roaccutane at 5 mg per day. Or you could buy a Vitamin A derivative(I will have to find the exact for you if you are interested) just let me know.

Both Roaccutane and Vit A will shrink your oil secretion glands so they wont over produce oil and your hair wont get oily too quickly.

There is also Vit B5. That at high doses(3-7g) can also decrease oil production.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
jaygtyj said:
...all of the sudden. If I shower at night, it looks like sh*t by the afternoon of the next day. What would cause that?

Have you recently started propecia?

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
jaygtyj said:

Have you recently started propecia?

yes, 2.5 months ago, seems to be related somehow?

Faston

Reaction score
About 3 months into my propecia regimen, my hair started to get greasy very quickly as well. I was seriously thinking about washing my hair twice a day.

Fortunately, the grease stopped flowin' after about 1 month.