My Hair At 19 Should I Be Worried Or Not?

JasonPills

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 19 I've noticed my hairline receding over the last year or so and I've felt that my hair might be thinning out bit. My father's side of the family has men with good hair at 50+ but my mother's side has almost not hair past 50, so i'm not too sure how this will turn out for me. I'm just unsure If this is the beginning of me balding or just a maturing hairline. Any advice is appreciated, Thank you.
Side_1.jpg
Side_2.jpg
Front_1.jpg

james555

Reaction score
dude, if you are that worried, just improve your lifestyle. Even genetic hair loss can be delayed if you actually care well for your body, eat enough protein, dont abuse sugar and carbs, exercise everyday and manage your emotions well (emotions = hormones in eastern med).

I know some others won't agree - but since you don't actually have hair loss, at least do things to improve your lifestyle and keep it that way.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have no miniaturization at your hairline. Looks good to me. Monitor it every few months if you're worried though.

dude, if you are that worried, just improve your lifestyle. Even genetic hair loss can be delayed if you actually care well for your body, eat enough protein, dont abuse sugar and carbs, exercise everyday and manage your emotions well (emotions = hormones in eastern med).
Comments like this piss me off. Makes it seem like everyone balding young is just really unhealthy and doesn't care for their body. Improving your lifestyle isn't going to do sh*t for male pattern baldness. If your hair loss is from some nutrient deficiency then yes, but male pattern baldness no. You can be the healthiest person alive and start balding in your teens. My hair loss started at 19 when I was in peak physical condition. Ran 4-5days a week, lifted 1 hour 4-5x/week. BF % at around 9-10%. Ate no sugars other than fruit. Carb intake was all complex carbs (other than fruit). Ate 1g protein/lb bodyweight. And I felt fuckn amazing. Didn't do sh*t for my hair though.