my grandmothers have better hair than me..

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
i just saw both my 90 year old grandmothers, and my 88 year old grandfathers..... all have bettter hair than me... what the hell is the deal????????? isnt that depressing...

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
both....... i think the bald gene came from my dad's mom's (who has incredibly long hair at age 90) parents.... everybody else who is not connected to her fam history has great hair...

G

genetics is a crazy lottery, there could be no physical signs of hairloss in your family, yet the genetic code to be bald could lie reccesively in your g-parents, or relatives from past generations. In my family baldness runs rampant so i know my case is pretty aggresive. Try to stay positive man, i had trouble with that at times and still do

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
well, my great grandfather on my mom's side wasnt bald either.... nobody from my mom side is bald... the only bald people are my dad and uncle, who are both from my dad's mom's family line...

G

jfrank said:
well, my great grandfather on my mom's side wasnt bald either.... nobody from my mom side is bald... the only bald people are my dad and uncle, who are both from my dad's mom's family line...
that does not mean that they didn't carry the gene that induces baldness. There is a chance (albeit small but real) that every single one of these people carried that gene. It is just they have the dominant gene of quality hair that expresses itself over the reccesive gene that causes baldness. When you were an embryo it just happens that you probably have received 2 reccessive genes, and therefore express that gene physically.