My Fue Journey With Dr Demirsoy 2042 Grafts Armamed

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve been reading on and off this website for a couple years now. I was very close with booking with Dr Erdogan at Asmad, but with mixed results, I decided to go with Dermirsoy. The thing that really swayed it for me, was the fact Demirsoy see’s one patient a day and gets involved in majority of the surgery. This website really helped me to make my decision with who to go with in Turkey as we all know it’s a mine field. I thought I’d help out and share my progress journey and try not to disappear towards the end like some people do, which can be frustrating, but can’t blame them as they are obviously happy and forget about their hair. My hair loss may not be that bad, but it has been bugging me for years, so been wanting to get it done for a little while now.

I’m 31 years old and been having very gradual hair loss since around 21. I’ve been on Propecia and Minoxidil for approx 2 years with some loss to my hairline and a very small amount of thinning to my crown.

I booked in with Demirsoy and had my surgery completed yesterday 9th January 2020. I’m currently on day 2 now and I’ll be shortly be getting picked up by Muzzaffer for my hair wash before departing back to London today.

Muzzaffer from the start has been excellent and has answered countless questions from me by email from the day I paid the deposit. I was picked up from the airport and taken to the hotel (hotel was brilliant and I’m pretty picky with hotels myself) I upgraded to junior suite for the first night and had a jacuzzi to myself lol. I mainly lived at the hotel and didn’t really leave. I lived off room service which is really good by the way and pretty cheap.

Anyway next day I was picked up for surgery by Muzzaffer and taken to the surgery place (located within a hugely tall building at a very high floor) everything was very clean. After going through necessary paperwork before the operation, I went in to get my hairline drawn up (this bit I fairly quick, so try to have an understanding of what your wanting to achieve and roughly the hairline/where you want it). They helped me to decide not to lower the hairline much as Demirsoy felt it would look unnatural. Muzzaffer is there the whole time to translate as Demirsoy doesn’t speak much English. After Dr Demirsoy accessed my hair and then informed me that I didn’t need anymore than 1500-2000 grafts and I was quoted 2500-3000 grafts from the photos I was sent. Same time I was quite pleased with this as it meant I’ll be coming home with spare money (I paid in cash euros by the way) but I also wanted as much grafts as possible for density at the front. There was only a very small area on the crown that was thin, so Demirsoy covered this area with approx just over 300 grafts and just over 1700 grafts at the frontal area.

Next steps was to shave the hair and I was dreading this bit as I’ve never shaved my head in my lifetime, then I went on into the surgery room for anaesthetic injections into my donor areas. The injections were the worst bit, but bareable. Some did hurt like a b**ch. After this, we went on to have my grafts taken from my donor area and this felt pretty painless, but probably took a couple hours (this was done by Demirsoy himself). After we broke up for lunch and we then came back after 20 mins for the incisions (also completed by Demirsoy). This bit was also pretty painless. After an hour or so (can’t remember exact timings) they then went on to inserting the grafts after a short break. This last bit of the surgery was completed by his technicians. This was relatively painless and if you felt pain, you could request more anaesthetic injections. I did ask for extra injections about half way through as there was some pain still there. It did get much better, but also started to get very slight stinging towards the end, however decided to just leave the anaesthetic as I was nearing the end. Everything was then completed and Muzzaffer then gave me painkillers to help with the pain as it was starting to get sore which helped hugely with some antibiotics. Afterwards I was thinking what have I done, after looking at myself in the mirror lol. There was some pressure on my head at first and the bandages felt really tight, however this was down to the pressure and eleviated after a few hours as Muzzaffer explained was normal.

Overall very happy with the experience so far, although I hate the shaved head look, however I just gotta realise it will grow.

Also what are the thoughts on the hairline? Originally I was thinking ever so slightly lower, however Demirsoy felt If it was lower, it would look unnatural.

Anyway, some before and after photos for you guys below and any queries, just shout me.

I will be posting regular updates throughout my journey with photos.