My Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Journey. Yay Hair!

RBmom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm new here and just thought I'd share a little of my story. I, like many others, have been battling hair loss for quite some time now. In my early years my hair was so thick that I had to have it "thinned" every three months. In my teens I had the back of my head shaved (yay 90s fashion). Then I got sick with thyroid issues and stress and many other things. My hair started thinning. It sucked. In my late 20s I had my kid and my hormones went haywire. It got to the point that I didnt want to leave the house due to my hair loss. It wasnt patchy but it was noticeably thinner. I could see my scalp everywhere.
I tried every over the counter hairless goop, herbal remedies, oils, etc. Nothing was working. There would be some very slight changes and then it would go back to falling out. I read somewhere about diatomaceous earth being a miracle. I thought it was just hype and internet lies so I moved on and tried many other supplements. Still nothing worked. Depression set in and almost all hope was gone.
Then this spring I came across diatomaceous earth again while researching it as an ant killer lol. Yup! It grows hair and kills ants. I decided to get some food grade DE to use around my house as well as drink and guess what?!?!? It's been 4 months and my hair is not shedding as much, I have new hair growth all over my scalp, and the established hair is growing faster than ever. I noticed little hairs popping up in front after 1.5 months. Those hairs are now a little over an inch long and more new ones pop up every day! It's amazing!
All I did was slowly work up to a tablespoon (over the first month) to my coffee and boom! Hair. I did have some detox symptoms in the first month but I pushed through and I'm so glad I did. Anyone wanting to try or anyone already taking DE please dont hesitate to ask questions. I am so happy with the results and have been itching to talk about it!
My parents think I'm nuts, but here's the kicker... they live 200 plus miles away and when I saw them last they both commented on my hair saying it had a ton of volume and was thicker and healthier looking. That's when i told them what i had been doing. Lol
Anyway, I hope this gives others hope and possibly a solution to their hair loss.