My Follicle Neogenesis Experiment Revisited

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record, I didn't use UV lamps or sun burns. I just compared it to a sunburn.

Until we know more about this I don't think it's a good idea to be hurting ourselves. I don't believe it's as simple as that anyway, people have accidents all the time but they don't grow hair.

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone thought of testing some sort of chemical peel to induce light wound on skin to replicate this model ? What could actually do such effect with light damage ?

I once was using some jewelers acid (the stuff you test gold with) and accidentally wiped some on my scalp...burned like hell at the time but forgot all about it. A few months later I was looking in the mirror and noticed what I thought was a scar. But it wasnt a scar. New hair had grown around the burn giving the illusion/outline of a scar. So yes there is something to it and I can back up OPs statement of hair growing around but not on the burn. I am not encouraging anyone to put acid on their scalp but there are some pretty deep chemical peels that are generally considered safe...

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I once was using some jewelers acid (the stuff you test gold with) and accidentally wiped some on my scalp...burned like hell at the time but forgot all about it. A few months later I was looking in the mirror and noticed what I thought was a scar. But it wasnt a scar. New hair had grown around the burn giving the illusion/outline of a scar. So yes there is something to it and I can back up OPs statement of hair growing around but not on the burn. I am not encouraging anyone to put acid on their scalp but there are some pretty deep chemical peels that are generally considered safe...

Did the skin go back to normal or is there a mark there now?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Frostbite seems also seem to boost PGE2, probably the cheapest way to do it from all options as well xD

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have got to figure thiS out. We have known about this effect for many yearS but we are still clueless.

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the skin go back to normal or is there a mark there now?

Back to normal. Definitely something to it and I feel it needs to be looked into. I'm just not confident enough to mess around with a deep chemical peel. I know there is a fine line you don't want to cross. Plus the fact that hair only comes in around the burn (wonder why?)...would be a problem as far as getting good results.