My First Hair Piece Experience (with Pics)

Hairconomist

My Regimen
Reaction score
The piece:

I wound up getting an Ultra Thin Skin base with v-loops. Hair itself is medium brown and wavy, just slightly lighter and wavier than my own natural hair. I wanted a "silent" transition to a piece where no one would know about it, so this first piece has a relatively low density and is rather high on my forehead to be just a slight, subtle improvement over my own thinning head of hair.

The installation:

Done by a very nice place in CT that I would be happy to recommend to anyone that PMs me.

Wearing it:

I got used to the feeling of it being on my head within a few days. I have only told two people I know about the piece; other than that people only think I got a nice haircut. In fact, one of the people I told didn't believe me at first! My parents remarked over Christmas that my hair must be getting wavier in the Florida heat (remember, my piece is slightly wavier than my natural hair.) Otherwise, I don't think anyone has noticed anything odd about my hair, not even my own parents.

I use Ghost Bond XL to hold my piece. Unfortunately, it is not as strong of a bond as I'd like; I get some lift along the edges within a few days of bonding. Luckily, I've always favored hairstyles that cover my hairline, so a bit of lift is not a huge issue for me.

In the Florida heat, I was having to rebond every few days, but part of that could be that I was still getting used to using the bond.

In the New England cold, I rebond every week or so.

Pics attached.
IMG_3687.jpg
IMG_3688.jpg
IMG_3691.jpg

Last edited:

Hairconomist

My Regimen
Reaction score
What density and curl is that?

not sure, but it was dense enough that it required quite a bit of thinning before I left the salon, especially toward the front.
The hair is pretty wavy, but never curls back on itself if that's what you mean. It's wavier than my natural hair, but the texture difference is not noticeable once my hair is groomed.

Congrats mate, looks very good

is this custom or stock?

stock, purchased at the hair salon I go to.