My First Fue Procedure - 1600 Grafts

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with the growing.
Can you tell us what your doctor said about oral minoxidil please and why he recommended it/how long for?
cheers

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with the growing.
Can you tell us what your doctor said about oral minoxidil please and why he recommended it/how long for?
cheers
My doctor gave me a year prescription for one does of 2.5MG, once a day. I just had my 3 month follow up and he said to continue doing this until my 8 month follow up. So far he has not given me an end date unless I see any negative side effects. So far, no side effects at all. I'm sure if I upped the dose to 5MG like many others here use, I'd probably see something in terms of negative effects.

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 Month Update (plus one week)- Hair is starting to grow in quicker finally. Still wish it was thicker, but I guess everyone who goes through this hope that they'll be the 1% that has most of the grafts taking root and growing. I'll post a 4 month update with hopefully better results.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,269
  • IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,215
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,221

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
The 4 month mark. Time flies...no it doesn't. It seems like it's been an eternity. I'm seeing some filling in a bit more growth. Hopefully in month 5-6 I'll be happier with it. The length of the grafts that took root are getting longer. It still seems thin, but with the amount of grafts used, it's to be expected.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,028
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 962
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 993

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting case, especially since I have basically the same pre hair line. How does 5 month look?

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting case, especially since I have basically the same pre hair line. How does 5 month look?
It looks better. Not perfect by a long shot since it's only 1600 grafts and it can only do so much. Some areas are slightly thinner than others. It's to be expected as not all the grafts held, but I feel like a good 75% or more took root for sure. I just got a haircut and many of the grafts are close to being evened out with respect to the length of the non-surgically grafted hair. I did notice a few other grafts that JUST started to grow too. They're really small and thin though. I hope that changes in the next couple of months. Next month I got for my 6 month consolation to see how things are progressing.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 998
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 966
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,006

dhtbaldy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like as good documentation and results for conservative graft number, you may add more hairs to match the centre one day.

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
11BF690E-028E-4747-A4BB-A474E19A654C.jpeg
E713C1D1-68BB-43C5-A966-2AF287994DB3.jpeg
I haven’t posted in a bit. Here’s my one year mark. I’m very happy! I do wish it was thicker but I guess that’s everyone. I don’t know if I’ll ever get a second procedure, but I won’t rule it out.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think it would have been nice for you to get maybe 500 grafts more for some added density, but looks good still. Who did you get it done with?

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think it would have been nice for you to get maybe 500 grafts more for some added density, but looks good still. Who did you get it done with?
I agree, 500 or maybe a little more would really make me happy. I may break down and do it next year at the 2 year mark. As for the doctor, this forum is touchy about stating names of doctors that aren’t accepted and sponsored, so I don’t know if I’m allowed to say who it was. I can message you directly if you want to know. It was a doctor in the US and I would absolutely go back to him again for the next session, if I choose to do that.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, 500 or maybe a little more would really make me happy. I may break down and do it next year at the 2 year mark. As for the doctor, this forum is touchy about stating names of doctors that aren’t accepted and sponsored, so I don’t know if I’m allowed to say who it was. I can message you directly if you want to know. It was a doctor in the US and I would absolutely go back to him again for the next session, if I choose to do that.

I don't think there's actually any issue with stating the names of doctors here. Though some doctors that used to pay to me featured on the site have indeed had their name censored.

Anyway, it's not important for me to get the name. Congrats on reducing the hair worries!

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That didn't seem like 1600grafts.