My Finasteride Experience And Questions

NYK155

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I'm 46 years and I have been on finasteride for coming up on 15 months. I lurked on these boards for months before starting finasteride. I have had very few sides (low libido) could be more tied to age so I've continued to take the medication but now my hair is completely trashed. I had could density all over prior to starting and had a thin spot on one side I was hoping to fill in.

In the 15 months on finasteride there have been peaks and more valleys. My hair looked great at the 11-12 months and has been all downhill since. My scalp is visible everywhere and I can't comb it at all. 6 months ago was using styling cream.

My questions are has anyone come to 15 months and seen a rebound? I'm thinking of quitting the finasteride and just getting on with my life. Even at my age, I'm obsessing about my hair and depressed over it's current state.

Wondering if anyone would suggest sticking it out a little longer and pray for a miracle or start buying more hats? Lastly, has anyone had any success with vitamins to restore some thickness?

Thanks in advance.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
been on finasteride for over 2 years and have only maintained my hair which isnt saying much still obviously balding and pretty much rock a buzz cut