My Fight Back to Norwood 1 ( Pics )

BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, i am 18 years old and my hairline has been receding for the past 2 years. It started when i was 16, it wasn't noticeable until i was 17 and it only got worse, so i finally decided to do something about it. My hair used to be thick, and i mean very thick and coarse, so thick that you sometimes couldn't run your fingers through it. I used to style my hair like elvis, zayn malik, and used to get tons of compliments for it. My hair was the most important feature in my looks. When my hair started to recede i couldnt spike it up anymore, it just didn't look good with my deep temple recession and it devastated me. I bought rogain foam and started applying it to my hairline, i have gotten good regrowth so far but i believe there is more to come. I won't let hairloss take over my confidence! And please before making posts such as ''your hair looks fine'' or ''I don't see male pattern baldness'' please, don't fool yourself, please consider that I'm only 18. Hairloss also runs in both of my familys. Here are my results:​

Attachments

• 3 Months on Rogain.jpg
    3 Months on Rogain.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6,464
  • 1 Month on Rogain.jpg
    1 Month on Rogain.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12,224
  • 6 Months on Rogain.jpg
    6 Months on Rogain.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7,055
  • 4 Months on Rogain.jpg
    4 Months on Rogain.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5,697

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats man. You are a perfect example. Majority of people here would wish they had done what you are doing, i.e. recognise and do something about it soon. I ignored my hair loss and got to NW5/6 and felt like I lost my life but was fortunate and lucky to be an exceptional responder so am getting my hair and life back slowly...not everyone is that lucky and lives to regret.

All the Best!

Established Member
Reaction score
Those are great results. But it could just be me, but it looks like the hair is a little thinner at the sixth month picture (but not by much). I'm measuring the temple line from the eyebrows.

Very impressive though. You can see progress in the first month, so you are definitely a good responder. Congratulations. What Norwood level are you currently at?

I would say im at Norwood 1.5 right now, if all the vellus hairs turned terminal then i believe i would be back to NW1

Wowjpk

Reaction score
K9gatton, I think that's just the haircut. The hairline was lined up so it does seem like there's not as much density.

your hair looks great! If only I could get back to your first picture lmao, I'm only 17 too.. I started minoxidil about 8 months ago and finasteride a month ago. Minoxidil got me a lot of thin Vellus hairs and I'm hoping the finasteride thickens them up. I'm hoping to become a nw1 and I think it's possible with how early I started treatments

Established Member
Reaction score
K9gatton, I think that's just the haircut. The hairline was lined up so it does seem like there's not as much density.

your hair looks great! If only I could get back to your first picture lmao, I'm only 17 too.. I started minoxidil about 8 months ago and finasteride a month ago. Minoxidil got me a lot of thin Vellus hairs and I'm hoping the finasteride thickens them up. I'm hoping to become a nw1 and I think it's possible with how early I started treatments

good job man! the best think you can do is start treatments early cause remember, it is much easier to maintain then to regrow. good luck to you.

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i am 18 years old and my hairline has been receding for the past 2 years. It started when i was 16, it wasn't noticeable until i was 17 and it only got worse, so i finally decided to do something about it. My hair used to be thick, and i mean very thick and coarse, so thick that you sometimes couldn't run your fingers through it. I used to style my hair like elvis, zayn malik, and used to get tons of compliments for it. My hair was the most important feature in my looks. When my hair started to recede i couldnt spike it up anymore, it just didn't look good with my deep temple recession and it devastated me. I bought rogain foam and started applying it to my hairline, i have gotten good regrowth so far but i believe there is more to come. I won't let hairloss take over my confidence! And please before making posts such as ''your hair looks fine'' or ''I don't see male pattern baldness'' please, don't fool yourself, please consider that I'm only 18. Hairloss also runs in both of my familys. Here are my results:​
Hi bro, how is your hair right now??..is it in the same condition or your hairline has receded drastically after some months??

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
updates?