My Father Versus Me At The Same Age?

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks, have a question if anyone can help.

I will be 34 in 4 months, i have a slightly receeded hairline, basically the corners moved back in my late teens and more or less stayed the same since. My temple points are also thin but have been a long time. I took photos 3 years ago and its impossible to see any change.

The men on my mothers side had decent heads of hair into old age.

My dad is like norwood 5 or 6 with frizz on top at 70 years old.

I have a picture of him when he is somewhere between 34 and 35 he is basically a norwood 5. The front is almost completely gone! I have way more hair than him and unless it all falls out in the next year i will have a lot more at his age than he did.

At the moment my hair is very thick, my dads hair was much thinner even when he was a kid.

Baldness in the family comes from my dads dad. My dads mothers side have good hair. Probably why my dad has more hair than his dad.

Can i take it as a good sign that i have a lot more hair than my dad at around the same age?

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
if your hair is thick - don't take finasteride man. i took it in a similar situation to you and it made all my hair go so thin and i have a bald spot when just 4 months ago before i took it my hair was incredibly thick

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I dont want to take anything if i can avoid it. Heres a pic i took over 3 years ago. Its not very good. I furrowed my brow in this one, weirdly my hairline follows the top wrinkle in the middle before receding back. My hairline is quite low in the middle and incredibly dense. Im not denying i have experienced hairloss and the corners are receded but it has been like this a long long time. Only thing id say was my temple points whice were never big thinned and although still there are not nearly as visible. Basically my hair looks like this 3 years later

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-201325.png
    Screenshot_20191203-201325.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 208

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
pegasus i am literally living proof of finasteride thinning my hair to literally the point of no return - there are so many threads of people suffering from the same. just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone bro.
db sometimes just be happy with what you have because you never know what you could be taking for granted.try dermarolling and minoxidil for the temples would be my advice before committing to finasteride that's what i wish i done

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
pegasus i am literally living proof of finasteride thinning my hair to literally the point of no return - there are so many threads of people suffering from the same. just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone bro.
db sometimes just be happy with what you have because you never know what you could be taking for granted.try dermarolling and minoxidil for the temples would be my advice before committing to finasteride that's what i wish i done

Just because your hair thinned at the same time you were on finasteride does not mean it thinned because you were on finasteride. You are balding, and you probably became desperate enough to use the drug during a time in which your hair loss was accelerating.

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
lmao, yeah all the hair on the head has thinned and shed conveniently in the 4 months since taking finasteride. Nah i was just like the op where i wanted to maintain my temples, i had thicker hair than db for sure, but now its thin all over and ive lost an unbelievable amount of density. Thin hair was never an issue before finasteride (i had never even experienced any shed hair), only the temple recession. it has happened to other people too, albeit it is a very unusual reaction it can happen.
you can believe me if you want i dont care but im just giving the guy a heads up as it can happen

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
explain why the balding has slowed down massively since ive stopped then lol? some people dont react well to it man jesus it's a fact, have you heard of hyperandrogenicity? anyway f*** being impotent on dutasteride lmao

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...androgenism-after-stopping-finasteride.92041/
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...tern-baldness-after-trying-finasteride.92235/
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ecia-shedding-made-me-near-enough-bald.91596/
https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/22174-9-months-too-soon-to-quit-finasteride?p=224468
https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threa...ammation-itchy-burning-tingling-thread/page18
there are even doctors who confirm this phenomenon can happen

""When the effects of androgens in the body are lessened, e.g. through lowering DHT or by blockading hormone receptors systemically, the body seeks equilibrium through a process called upregulation. This can take the form of increased hormone production and/or increased tissue sensitivity to the remaining hormones."

lol why do you care so much - putting so much effort into defending a drug that has extremely distorted success rates (which everyone knows).

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro, the human body works in ways that both of our brains are too small to comprehend. actually even the best dermatologists don't know wtf is going on most of the time. exactly why you're on this website and putting loads of drugs in your body - there isn't any certainty of anything and no definitive answers in hairloss so chill out, we're all on the same side (unless you work for merck you bastard)
who knows why it happened but it did, maybe not after the first pill but certainly after over 2 months using it it has fucked me
rip my beautiful hair