My Experimental Treatments Story (Bimatoprost+RU)

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm not convinced there's much improvement from last month to now (becuase of the shed). If you look at my temples in the pictures I think they got worse..it's hard to tell. I'll keep on with the regimen and add the new stuff as I get it.

Bim is a growth stimulant. It's the stuff they use in Latisse for women to grow eyelashes.

I get my RU from OC.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
big3nme said:
Thanks, I'm not convinced there's much improvement from last month to now (becuase of the shed). If you look at my temples in the pictures I think they got worse..it's hard to tell. I'll keep on with the regimen and add the new stuff as I get it.

Bim is a growth stimulant. It's the stuff they use in Latisse for women to grow eyelashes.

I get my RU from OC.

Big3nme,

Is your hair the same length in all those pics you posted?

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Big3nme,

Is your hair the same length in all those pics you posted?

Not exactly, most likely it's fairly close but I have no way to know for sure I guess. I don't buzz my head, it gets cut with scissors and I don't really get hair cuts on a precise interval.. kind of when I feel like it.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's tough to tell, the hair looks a bit longer and the lighting in the latest pic compared to the baseline doesn't look as harsh (maybe no flash?). That said, it still looks like a pretty good improvement to me and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Man it's a relief to FINALLY see someone (IP aside) bothering to document their god damn story with RU. 160 pages on waffle in that other thread with nobody bothering to take pictures or anything. It's all just hearsay until someone steps up and makes a thread like this.

I appreciate your effort Big3, make sure you keep us updated, your work is invaluable!

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler! I will continue to post monthly pictures for everyone to see how I respond to RU/Bim/CB/AHK/ and anything else I decide to dump on my poor scalp :(

Sorry the latest picture is a bit different but I broke my iphone last weekend while kayaking and have been using a co-workers old school 3g (it has a worse camera). I think one of the three lights in my bathroom died and I haven't replaced it yet so that may be why it's not as bright.

From examining my hair in the mirror (which I do way too much than could possibly be good for me) I can tell there are a TON of hairs on their way and I'm excited for them to catch up.

I can also tell there is a TON of peach fuzz like hair on my right temple (which is the worst spot on my scalp, you can't really tell from these pictures for some reason) but it's almost slick bald.. I could count the hairs if I really wanted..

Only time will tell what will happen but I'm excited that this shed seems to have ended (or at least the worst of it) and hopefully the next few months will bring improvement.

I'm glad my documentation is appreciated, no plans on stopping.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Just wanted to post an update so I have it recorded but I started CB last night.

I used 20mg of CB in a 2ml 40%/30%/30% eth/pg/water vehicle, this is a 1% solution. I will be applying this EOD. I think I will drop RU to EOD now that I have started this since they act using similar mechanisms.

Let's hope it works! :)

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
very interesting. Are you still on minoxidil as well, or have you cut that completely and stayed with RU and BIT?

Are you noticing any sides with the routine you have going?

If I may, roughly how much is this costing you broken down on a monthly level?

Thanks man

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
DavisNY said:
very interesting. Are you still on minoxidil as well, or have you cut that completely and stayed with RU and BIT?

Are you noticing any sides with the routine you have going?

If I may, roughly how much is this costing you broken down on a monthly level?

Thanks man

I am still using minoxidil, I mix the BIM and RU into my minoxidil (for the RU I add more ethanol to the solution so I can dissolve 100mg easily).

Total monthly cost would be broken down as follows:

minoxidil is about $120 for a year supply ($60 for 12 months but I double dose) so $10 a month

RU at 100mg every other day that means I'd use 1.5 grams a month which is $60 a month

Bim at .05% solution would be 30mg per month which would be about $60 a month.

CB at 1% solution every other day would be 20mg per day or 300mg a month which would cost about $105 a month

This puts me in at $235 a month but this is with 2ml per application. If you only needed 1ml per application you would half it.

The RU + CB might be redundant so I could probably drop the RU but for now I will continue both.

Might also be able to use the CB once or twice a week instead of every other day which would also drop the price (for now I'll continue EOD).

On the other hand I would probably want to try increasing Bim to .1 or even higher percentage which would increase the price quite a bit. I might not continue the Bim if I can't get in on another group order though.

I am also considering adding a copper peptide AHK-cu to my treatments which will run me at most another $25-$30 a month.

I don't appear to be experiencing any sides. Not that I really notice anyway.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
That's good improvement for sure. 18 more months at that rate and you may have all your hair back. Fair play to you!

Do you make fresh batches of ru and bimatoprost daily. Also are they seperate applications or mixed. Sorry if you have already said so

Ha, I would die if I grew all my hair back. I am fairly optimistic though.. can't wait to see what the next 6 months bring.

I used to make a week batch of RU at a time but now that I switched to EOD applications because of CB it will now be enough for 2 weeks.. I am not concerned about that actually.

I make a monthly batch of Bim. It would be impossible to make fresh batches of Bim because of the small amounts used. I put 30mg into a 60ml bottle of minoxidil to get a .05% solution. I use 2ml per day so it should last about a month.

These are separate applications.

In the morning I apply my Bim+minoxidil concoction and in the evening I apply my RU+minoxidil. Now I also have a CB standalone mixture (no minoxidil) that I will apply evenings on the days I don't apply RU. Those days I will put 1ml of minoxidil after my CB dries just so I don't miss minoxidil that day.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok im assuming you're getting CB from a well known RU provider, but wasen't this tested and turned out fake?

Also, how do you know that mixing the Bim in with the minoxidil might cause problems?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Nuli said:
Ok im assuming you're getting CB from a well known RU provider, but wasen't this tested and turned out fake?

Also, how do you know that mixing the Bim in with the minoxidil might cause problems?

I've never heard Minoxidil interacting with any substance but that could be because it's unproven.

Look at it this way though, Spectral DNC mixes Minoxidil with multiple products which they say works great. Multiple custom Minoxidil companies mix Minoxidil with Azelaic Acid. Polaris mixes finasteride with Minoxidil. The common trend is mixing a substance with Minoxidil doesn't seem to effect it. I'm not saying Bimatoprost will work with Minoxidil but the common trend with other substances is that Minoxidil doesn't seem to interfere so it should work. Being that those two products are similar substances, I personally think it's doubling the effect. I actually plan to mix Bimatoprost + Minoxidil + AHK-CU all together at once in the future. I may even add some Dermatopoietin.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Nuli said:

Hey - Didn't get CB from a well known RU provider. Had a CNMR, HNMR, HPLC, and a mass spectrum test done by an independent chemist on a sample before ordering. Results came back as pure CB.

I think you are referring to the CB that Kane was claiming to have that was most likely fake.

I have no idea if mixing Bim and minoxidil might cause a problem, but I believe it should be fine and was not worth the effort of applying two separate topicals .

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
big3nme said:
monty1978 said:
That's good improvement for sure. 18 more months at that rate and you may have all your hair back. Fair play to you!

Do you make fresh batches of ru and bimatoprost daily. Also are they seperate applications or mixed. Sorry if you have already said so

Ha, I would die if I grew all my hair back. I am fairly optimistic though.. can't wait to see what the next 6 months bring.

I used to make a week batch of RU at a time but now that I switched to EOD applications because of CB it will now be enough for 2 weeks.. I am not concerned about that actually.

I make a monthly batch of Bim. It would be impossible to make fresh batches of Bim because of the small amounts used. I put 30mg into a 60ml bottle of minoxidil to get a .05% solution. I use 2ml per day so it should last about a month.

These are separate applications.

In the morning I apply my Bim+minoxidil concoction and in the evening I apply my RU+minoxidil. Now I also have a CB standalone mixture (no minoxidil) that I will apply evenings on the days I don't apply RU. Those days I will put 1ml of minoxidil after my CB dries just so I don't miss minoxidil that day.

I think your hair has thickened. When a hair falls out, check at the root while you have time and see if it looks bigger than at the top if you have long hair.

Your regimen you have is very similar to mine minus the ASC-J9, dutasteride, will be adding CB, and a few more. Seems to work for you, but I personally haven't noticed some major changes but I will give it time. You have the exact same type of hair loss I have as well.

peloncete1989

Reaction score
big3nme said:
As promised, here are some pictures taken tonight.

This would be about 4 months on RU, 2 months on BIM. I had a huge shed about two weeks ago. I am still shedding a bunch of hairs but it's definitely calmed down a little bit.

CB should be here soon. I am also involved in a group order for AHK-cu (copper peptide) that I can't wait to add as well.

I feel like if I can get proper vehicles for CB+RU+BIM+AHK-cu I'll have too much hair! :p

I'll repost old pictures for comparison.

Baseline - Mid February 2011

[attachment=2:1purss7p]baseline.JPG[/attachment:1purss7p]

3 Months RU, 1 Month Bim - May 18

[attachment=1:1purss7p]update.JPG[/attachment:1purss7p]

4 Months RU, 2 Month Bim - Jun 29

[attachment=0:1purss7p]top2.png[/attachment:1purss7p]

OH. MY. GOD.

Big3nme, is the lenght of your hair the same in the first and fourth pictures?

I know, you answered the question with first and third pictures... but fourht... it's awesome.

I hope you a great improvement.

peloncete1989

Reaction score
Big3, is there any problem in using CB and RU both together?

eg, CB in the morning, RU at night... or RU-CB.

Are you thinking in use them together in the same apply?

Thankyou.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
peloncete1989 said:
Big3, is there any problem in using CB and RU both together?

eg, CB in the morning, RU at night... or RU-CB.

Are you thinking in use them together in the same apply?

Thankyou.

No one knows how the two drugs will interact together. It has never been tested. I am applying CB one day and RU the next. Alternating the two. You could probably mix them together but I'd rather spread it out because I don't think you need to use CB every day for it to be effective and I might as well use another AA on the off days to cover all my bases.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
big3nme said:
You could probably mix them together but I'd rather spread it out because I don't think you need to use CB every day for it to be effective and I might as well use another AA on the off days to cover all my bases.

Which other AA?

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
big3nme said:
You could probably mix them together but I'd rather spread it out because I don't think you need to use CB every day for it to be effective and I might as well use another AA on the off days to cover all my bases.

Which other AA?

C'mon smit, you should know what Im up to by now :p

I'm alternating RU/CB every other day. Still using Bim daily in the mornings and then RU or CB at night depending on what day it is. So many hairs sprouting I can't believe it, just wish I could fast forward a few months.