My experience.

chips

Reaction score
I started losing hair before my 20s. By 25 it was receding at the sides. I used to have the occasional nightmare of seeing the back of my head in a mirror and it was bald. I never really thought it would happen. However over time my hair loos increased and i decided to go to a well known transplant clinic. I will try and keep this brief. The guy had a quick look at my 21 year old scalp and told me it was plain old male pattern baldness. I was wanting to fill in the receading area at the front. I was willing to pay good money to fix this and thankfully this guy was very honest. He had a transplnt and showed me close up how it looked. He said they could fill in the area I was concerned over but said what will you do when the hair behind it sarts to recead. Hmm hadnt thought of that happening. He said it would be a constant battle of taking hair from donor areas or patch grafting. In short he put me off and am glad he di as my head as I am now would be covered in scars. Years later with a bald patch as in my nightmare coming true I deciided that my life and poularity with women would be transformed if i had a full head of hair. I got sucked in by the web sites showing the before and after pics of bald guys who now had hairs. The "Systems" were refered to by any name that made them sound all natural like real hair. Nobody ever refered to the systems as WIGS. I decided to try it and the initial result was terrible. Way too much thick jet black hair and it was so embarrasing.
It didnt fit properly and kept lifting along the front. In frustration before I had to face work mates I ripped it off. I returned to the hair centre and was talked into trying again in a few weeks time with new adhesive tapes. To my regret I then wore these WIGs for the next 5-6 years and I regret I ever decided to start. I could write a book on the times things went wrong. Yes you can fool strangers when things are looking 100% but you wont alway look that way. Also as far as ladies are concerned, you might look a bit younger and gain your lack of confidence from hair loss. Its short lived. It will be replaced by worrying if they are looking at it and the paranoia will kill you. Plus i had at least 2-3 occassions when I got found out. One time the hair piece got ripped from my head during a passionate moment and she freaked out. Another time a guy approached and looked at my hair and said. You know what. You need to get a hat for that ! I wanted to vanish as I was with a girl who had no clue. She didnt hear what was said but it ruined my night ad needless to say I dropped the girl off home and was totally depressed. I spent thousands of pounds on the latest ultra thin skin like systems. They were ok when freshly glued on at the salon. However with time the glue softens and depending on many things as to how long it will stay down. I eneded up back at the salon every 2 weeks for years and it cost me a fortune. Bringing this up to date I dont wear stick on hair anymore and its such a huge relief to just accept myself the way I am. Funny thing is once I made that decission my success with women was better than prior or during that wig wearing time. You might be saying, Oh I dont care about that I am doing it for me. Well I thought that too. I always felt like fake and my friends knew it was a wig and so did my family. So I asked myself, what is left. I feel like a fake and the people I care about most know its fake the only people who may be fooled are strangers and who cares what they think. If you are considering messing with your hair, think long term. Can you keep doing this for the rest of your life. If your young and you are intimate with a lady (or a man) eventually you will be found out. How about if you ever have to defend yourself or your ladies honour. A physical battle could be hilarious to onlookers when your hairpiece flies off. So you will avoid a conflict in case it happens. I am telling you all this in the hope you will drop all thoughts of messing with your hair. Pills potions cost a bundle of money. Some will slow down the process but a wig is the only sure fire way of having hair for life. But can you live with it. I couldnt and it was harder to remove it and face people than it was to stick it on my head. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope it helps you to make a rational decission.(Sorry for spelling mistakes too).

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
your hairpiece came off during love making? wtf , i really doubt thats even possible,
and you are saying random strangers commented and detected your peice? while wearing thin lace? you have got to be kidding me, there are many pitfalls to a system i agree but that is just ridiculous

jasenwm

Reaction score
your hairpiece came off during love making? wtf , i really doubt thats even possible,
and you are saying random strangers commented and detected your peice? while wearing thin lace? you have got to be kidding me, there are many pitfalls to a system i agree but that is just ridiculous
I agree I wear a full lace system and the only way it would come loose is if I left the same adhesive on for a month while sweating everyday and swimming in the ocean under water everyday. Even then I doubt it,I have to use a release solution to remove my system to clean it you can't just rip it off it will take your hair and scalp with it.

It sounds like you went to a place that ripped you off. I have no problem with WIGS but they are called systems because they are NOT WIGS. WIGS are mostly made with synthedic hair and you can take them off and on by just pulling it off your head it's not attached to anything. A hair system is made with human hair ( this is why you have to get it replaced every few months because it's REAL HUMAN HAIR. Your real hair that grows out of your scalp gets nutrition from your scalp to grow and be shiny,soft and stay hydrated. The hair on a system is not growing out of your head so you use conditioners so the hair will stay soft and shiny,but at some point every 3-4 months the hair will get dry and start to fall out,this when you get a new one. The system is also attached to your scalp with either clips to your real hair or tapes,liquid adhesives or other type of bonding. You can also get systems in different base material depending if you want to show a natural hairline. With a wig your not going to show your hairline. You also can't swim,water ski or sky dive with a wig. A system you can use different bonds that hold longer and stronger that will enable you do the extreme water sports or whatever without worry. Thy don't come off,are undetectible and look better then any other option out there. If they were as bad as you say it wouldn't be a muti- billion dollar industry and I sure as hell would not wear one.